Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 708 of 778
Buildingourfirstnest
mikegrg1
Buildingourfirstnest
For those currently building with Eden Brae, how long did it take from tender to when EBH was on site to build? 6 months? My land is registered and good to go, so I'm really just concerned with how long they take to go through paperwork since it looks like many people have good build times of around 6-8 months for a 2 storey home?

Mine took about 4 months and I was super pushing admin to getting quick start on site without taking a lot of time on selecting upgrades and all... I think it will normally take about 5 months....
It is also mainly because of all he approval you need from third party to go to the next stage like basix, DA approval, council or CDC approval and all.... best of luck

thanks Mike, your comments have been very useful! have you found that you have been asked to pay extras for variations?

Yah you have to pay for the extra upgrades you choose...

Hi everone,

We are building the Eden Brae Sandringham in Sydney and are currently in the process in the process of choosing upgrades etc for our build. Can I ask who has selected a hardwood floor or planning on laying one? We have been told that we must have scotia running around the edges of the kitchen cabinetry and are horrified. Why would we want scotia around the edges of a waterfall stone bench top and around cabinetry! No 'quality' builder would want their kitchen finished like that. We would like to have the hardwood floor laid first, then the kitchen put on top, then the floor sanded and finished – we know of other project home builders who do this and we have also spoken to flooring companies who would recommend laying a hardwood floor first. We've been told by our CSA that this is not Eden Brae's building process and that it can not be changed. Would appreciate your feedback please.
dreamh0me
Miffy
I always wanted Gemini Silver for our home and James had the same colour in his mind ! For a moment I thought he was a mind reader

We juggled with the idea of buying two Dyson Vac for ground and first floor to save costs. Then we went for Ducted Vacuum as it is hard to do later on and costwise around thousand dollar more.

We have till Monday to decide

We are doing the two Dyson approach for our Waldorf 50. Ducted vacuum is way too expensive and if something gets clogged up in the pipes it's stuffed anyways.

The cost? Well if the motor burns out for the ducted system it will cost you a few grand to replace let alone the initial cost of over $3K.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au
wongbruce
dreamh0me
Miffy
I always wanted Gemini Silver for our home and James had the same colour in his mind ! For a moment I thought he was a mind reader

We juggled with the idea of buying two Dyson Vac for ground and first floor to save costs. Then we went for Ducted Vacuum as it is hard to do later on and costwise around thousand dollar more.

We have till Monday to decide

We are doing the two Dyson approach for our Waldorf 50. Ducted vacuum is way too expensive and if something gets clogged up in the pipes it's stuffed anyways.

The cost? Well if the motor burns out for the ducted system it will cost you a few grand to replace let alone the initial cost of over $3K.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

It looks like we are also. I have got very mixed reports about the ducted vacuuming and I love my Dyson !

DreamCastle
Hi All, I'm a new member here. We are finalizing LINCOLN 35MK2 from Eden Brae. Could anyone please suggest recommended changes/modifications to the floor plans (ground and level 1)?

We built the original floor plan for the Lincoln but the changes we made would be relevant to the mk2 as well. We changed the following:

Removed alcove in media and made the pantry bigger

Added shower to downstairs bathroom

Added double doors to living room

Added recessed sliding door to media

Added door to under stairs area for storage.

Recessed sliding door to ensuite

Reduced ensuite to single basin to allow room for heated towel rail (it looks like the mk2 plans only show 1 basin but bench still all the way along. We found there was no spot for a towel rail except hanging over toilet. As we added a recessed sliding door to the ensuite we were not able to put the towel rail there)

Added a third garage

Changes I wish we had made :

Adding depth to garage. We have storage space with the third garage but our car(forester) fits with not much room to get around it.

Recessed sliding door into the family,kitchen,dining area from the entrance hall.

Edited to add. We also added extra width to the alfresco which I am very happy we did.

kim_kdr
DreamCastle
Hi All, I'm a new member here. We are finalizing LINCOLN 35MK2 from Eden Brae. Could anyone please suggest recommended changes/modifications to the floor plans (ground and level 1)?

We built the original floor plan for the Lincoln but the changes we made would be relevant to the mk2 as well. We changed the following:

Removed alcove in media and made the pantry bigger

Added double doors to living room

Added door to under stairs area for storage.

Recessed sliding door to ensuite

Reduced ensuite to single basin to allow room for heated towel rail (it looks like the mk2 plans only show 1 basin but bench still all the way along. We found there was no spot for a towel rail except hanging over toilet. As we added a recessed sliding door to the ensuite we were not able to put the towel rail there)

Added a third garage

Changes I wish we had made :

Adding depth to garage. We have storage space with the third garage but our car(forester) fits with not much room to get around it.

Recessed sliding door into the family,kitchen,dining area from the entrance hall.

Edited to add. We also added extra width to the alfresco which I am very happy we did.

We also built the Lincoln 35 and made the following changes which would be relevant to your build:

Moved toilet and put in cavity slider in lieu of hinged doors

Added cavity slider to lounge at front of house

Added door to under stairs area for storage

Added door to under stairs area for storage

Added downstairs toilet to laundry (my in laws live in the downstairs study using powder room and lounge room).

Added slab outside study (for inlaws)

Extended alfresco to line up with garage line

Added stacker to dining room. Provides good airflow

Changes I wish we had made:

Remove window to pantry to increase storage. We have block out blinds in there and we never open the blinds or window.

Made the upstairs bedrooms bigger. One is a good size but the other two are smaller. The room sizes are different in the mk2 though and also the wardrobes are bigger also.

In two of our rooms the wardrobes are not very big. I wish I'd extended one, by moving the other (on the same wall) to a different wall.

Something to think about also, upstairs does get stuffy and can get hot. We have ceiling fans and do use the ducted when it's really hot but with the Safety standards nowadays only allowing windows to Open a certain amount, we are glad we got a facade with sliding door (and balcony) to let some airflow in.

Oh yeah we removed the window in the pantry. Our is purely a pantry with no plumbing or butler pantry type thing so I just wanted maximum storage.

For the window restrictions I have removed them so I can open the windows wide upstairs. My kids however are old enough that I am not worried about them at all.

The wardrobes are small. I had seen someone turn the upstairs linen cupboard into a wardrobe for the middle bedroom so the end bedroom could take the space of the middle bedrooms old wardrobe. I decided not to do this as wanted the upstairs linen cupboard. However the landing is quite big and I would love to put a built in all along the wall and in hindsight I could have used part of this for the upstairs linen.

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has received copy of Tyrrell's report. When did you actually get the copy? Did EBH addressed defects found?

Thanks
I got it on my handover which was for PCI. I questioned them to provide one at the time of internal lining stage but they said it is bit technical for me to understand as I am not a builder. I didnt stretch them then as i was happy with the progress.
All the best!

And I'd like to add that if you have concerns at lining/frame stage, imho do persist for a copy of that Tyrells report - you can always find someone willing to help you decipher the code ☺

ausman & @pixcgt thanks for the feedback, will follow up copy of report.

Same here Happy with progress so far but we have identified minor faults here and there so would be nice to see quality check report.
Hi Guys, we r close to preliminary walk thru stage..want to know contacts for any good landscape guys ..has any of you shared the front block walls ( i mean the front retaining wall between footpath and front yard) with your neighbours?

myozbalai1
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has received copy of Tyrrell's report. When did you actually get the copy? Did EBH addressed defects found?

Thanks

Hi you can request tyrrell's inspection report from your csr. We got ours immediately upon requests via email.

Thanks Alina1184, did the report contained anything needed to be rectified and if so did EBH addressed them?
myozbalai1
Thanks Alina1184, did the report contained anything needed to be rectified and if so did EBH addressed them?
yes, Tyrells picked up issues to be addressed and so did our independent inspector. I got to say there wasn't significant differences in either reports.
I made a list of them all and followed up on them each Friday when the Supervisor called to give us an update.

That's great to know, I received copy of Tyrell's report yesterday. There were couple of critical ones which I will confirm with SS if done, otherwise the rest are supposed to be done prior to final inspection
Hi All,
Has anyone built Ivanhoe 27? I have recently signed a HL package for Ivanhoe 27. Can anyone please share your ideas n experiences? Pictures of the house will be awesome if you have, please?
Thanks
rk7
Hi Guys, we r close to preliminary walk thru stage..want to know contacts for any good landscape guys ..has any of you shared the front block walls ( i mean the front retaining wall between footpath and front yard) with your neighbours?

Have just PM'd you, let me know if it doesn't come through

Hi all, I'm new here. Looking in to building the Jasper Mk2 in the Sutherland Shire. Anyone built in the Sutherland Shire? How was your experience?

Has anyone had any issues with fixed price tender for a knick down/rebuild with Eden Brae? There seem to be a lot of clauses in the tender and contract that give them scope to increase the price. Just can't afford for the cost to blow out.
Who pays for the application fees for CDC - Eden Brae or us?

winto_04
Who pays for the application fees for CDC - Eden Brae or us?

Eden Brae does. That is what the initial 5% deposit is for and in addition it should be in your tender and contract.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum