Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 706 of 828
ASJ1981
twolittlepeas
ASJ1981
We went to see our site yesterday expecting a fence and portaloo... but they put it on the wrong land - it's on our neighbors land
Our neighbors lot is still for sale/on the market and haven't gone through Council or CDC so I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be put up on their land... I'll make a phone call first thing because I'm afraid they'll start doing the cut/fill and land leveling etc etc on the wrong lot :/

Omg!!

twolittlepeas, i know right! My CSR is on holidays so i spoke to someone else and she has notified the Production Estimating Team. Hopefully it gets rectified asap!

They won’t cut and fill the wrong lot as it won’t be pegged out. I’m sure it will get fixed. My Portaloo was delivered to the wrong house despite my house being the only empty block in the street or undergoing work of any type. I just so happened to be doing the school run and drove past and had the chase the delivery truck down the street to check if it was mine and sure enough it was!
Manhattan52
They won’t cut and fill the wrong lot as it won’t be pegged out. I’m sure it will get fixed. My Portaloo was delivered to the wrong house despite my house being the only empty block in the street or undergoing work of any type. I just so happened to be doing the school run and drove past and had the chase the delivery truck down the street to check if it was mine and sure enough it was!

manhattan52, i think the Production Estimating Team are onto it. She put me on hold while they called the Fencing people... expecting a follow up call later. I would be chasing the delivery truck too
i may saw your land yesterday,but i didn't realize the on sale board somewhere~yeah!in hurry to
Call them to fix it!
ASJ1981
We went to see our site yesterday expecting a fence and portaloo... but they put it on the wrong land - it's on our neighbors land
Our neighbors lot is still for sale/on the market and haven't gone through Council or CDC so I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be put up on their land... I'll make a phone call first thing because I'm afraid they'll start doing the cut/fill and land leveling etc etc on the wrong lot :/
eagle1
Hi kvav27

I totally understand what you are going through. I am still waiting for the PCI defects Inspection 8 months after handover and it's still not done. I totally disappointed with this builder and wouldn't recommend Wisdom Homes to anyone. There are too many defects because they are only interested in collecting money from their customers and that's it.

Thanks eagle1
singalg
Kvav27
Hi All,

We are very close to PCI since December 15th, 2018.
My SS has been very good in giving updates every weekend.
But since after the holidays when only a couple of things look to be remaining, i see weeks of no activity, Since18 Jan 2019, i see my house dragging with no big change.

Our understanding is only below items are remaining and they are still not done:
-Splash-back
- Finishings touches
- House Cleaning

I am not a builder and might not know great deal, but all this is making me unsettled. As first time builders we did not see during contract signing what was the number of days Wisdom needs to inform us about PCI. It seems its only 6 days. so they said they have to only inform us 6 days before PCI.
We also did not see how much fine they would pay for every day of delay (which i think was left at default which is $15).

Also I have one more concern, We had 2 linear air con vents in living area. While all the rest of vents are done, this is not. And I am worried why not.

Did any one had this kind of experience. Also My SS who was giving me exact updates seems to be giving me very tentative words like near PCI and no exact dates. It seems we are just put on hold while Wisdom is finishing other projects or working on new ones. This is making my Wisdom experience really very bad.

^^^ . @wisdomHomes

We had similar experience towards the end. Weeks of no action with very ambiguous updates and no clear comms. I would have expected handovers to be better than that. Patience was only virtue.

Thanks singalg for boosting my moral by sharing your experience.
aaron2008
@kvav27 & the rest - During holidays trade are hard to get, so I am not surprised there are issues with PCI.

Also please note few things missing here and there are always for a reason. I know I was concern about two glass panels missing from the stairs. I always thought they came with defect and new ones are on order and had sleepless nights however when I inquired I was told that panels will be fitted after the staining of the stairs.

I am not going to talk about the gaps that make me super cranky which were all silicon-ed in 30 mins max.

I had a change of SS. I emailed him list of items that I see required and needed so he do not miss anything. It worked. Every week he would tell me what is complete and what will be complete next. I am sure I posted that list here sometime in Oct
Now it all sounds very silly!

Stay in touch and let your SS know your situations like for me it was kids school change and the total fee i had to pay even if they attend one day of new term. For you it may be rental agreement or getting ready to sell. Keep SS informed.

aaron2008, thanks. You have valid point. But I have spoken and emailed all my concerns very politely to SS. But he is choosing to not to answer me even when he answers, by being vague. my kids new day care, and as we are renting and as we were almost near finish in December had never thought it will be not even finish by Feb mid.

The worst part is not knowing why delay and a delay of how long. As I said before I am having bad taste with Wisdom
Hi All, long time reader, but haven’t really posted as we are only just starting to get the ball rolling..

We are expecting DA approval over the next few days/weeks and are in the process of putting in a DA for demolition (unfortunately we can’t do CDC) - has anyone here had to get an existing property site plan? If so, who have you used?
Sorry another post!

I am building in Brighton Le Sands and there is another Wisdom home being built currently at slab stage around the corner - perhaps we can touch base and share stories?
NickMutch
Hi All, long time reader, but haven’t really posted as we are only just starting to get the ball rolling..

We are expecting DA approval over the next few days/weeks and are in the process of putting in a DA for demolition (unfortunately we can’t do CDC) - has anyone here had to get an existing property site plan? If so, who have you used?

Wisdom did a site survey at the start of our engagement with them which I assume is standard so I just used that.

Also, welcome!
jqcc0
NickMutch

Wisdom did a site survey at the start of our engagement with them which I assume is standard so I just used that.

Also, welcome!

Thanks! I’ll try that!
NickMutch

I used the one the Wisdom surveyor did, for our Demo. Was a CDC approval though
Kvav27
eagle1
Hi kvav27

I totally understand what you are going through. I am still waiting for the PCI defects Inspection 8 months after handover and it's still not done. I totally disappointed with this builder and wouldn't recommend Wisdom Homes to anyone. There are too many defects because they are only interested in collecting money from their customers and that's it.

Thanks @eagle1

Hi Kvav27

My advice to you is to take a good look at EVERYTHING in regards to your build because you will be surprised at how many defects you will find. Trust me mate. I have been through it all.
NickMutch
Sorry another post!

I am building in Brighton Le Sands and there is another Wisdom home being built currently at slab stage around the corner - perhaps we can touch base and share stories?

Hi and Welcome! Good to hear there are a few more in the StG area. There is one in Sams Spuci but I haven’t driven past since before Xmas, they must be post lock up by now.

I’m not your neighbour but I’m in Hurstville.

Good luck with your DA, we didn’t need DA but our demo company handled everything.
The slowness and delay seems to be the theme with those who are nearing the end of the build and went through the Christmas break. Hope it picks up again soon for you.

Stevezau- I’m interested in your experience with the basix and water tanks. I’ll PM you for more details.

I’m also guilty of being 165cm TALL 😂😂 but my kitchen height is different to the two other post. Floor to bench top is 920mm to accomodate a dishwasher. Bench top to overhead cabinet is 750mm for the rangehood with a 700mm window. Our ceiling height is 2740mm.

Speaking of kitchen, we got the credit back for the appliances and putting our own in. My question is for those who did that, did they also delete all the standard connection meaning being quoted for “new” connection for powerpoints, gas and even safety switch for the fridge?
NickMutch
Sorry another post!

Welcome!
Can anyone help us solve a mystery?

We have our kitchen plans and have noticed our upper cabinets sit 700mm of the bench. I found this to be a little high, so hit the display homes to see.

All the cabinets sit 600-650 yet told 700mm is the standard.

We have a window as the splash back which is 700mm so this may be why. However I don’t know if the window is 700mm including frame and seal so the glass pane is really only 600-650mm.

Does anyone have a 700mm window splashback and know the actual height from the bench top the the bottom of the upper cabinetry is.

Also what the height is from your floor to the top of the stone?[/quote]
Our window splashback is 560mm high from benchtop. Our cupboards sit 680mm above benchtop and find its a little high for me. I am 165cm tall, we have under cupboard lights installed, so lose another 80mm there. Top of benchtop is 900mm from floor.[/quote]

Hi, Thankyou for your reply! I am also 165cm so am worried it’s to high. We also have light boxes in the cupboard.
What size is your window? Would you have a picture at how the window will look with the frame?[/quote]
[/quote]

Thankyou so much for the pictures! I see how the window will sit. Kitchen looks great. Is that stone grey sheen cabinetry?
M4bath
The slowness and delay seems to be the theme with those who are nearing the end of the build and went through the Christmas break. Hope it picks up again soon for you.

Stevezau- I’m interested in your experience with the basix and water tanks. I’ll PM you for more details.

I’m also guilty of being 165cm TALL 😂😂 but my kitchen height is different to the two other post. Floor to bench top is 920mm to accomodate a dishwasher. Bench top to overhead cabinet is 750mm for the rangehood with a 700mm window. Our ceiling height is 2740mm.

Speaking of kitchen, we got the credit back for the appliances and putting our own in. My question is for those who did that, did they also delete all the standard connection meaning being quoted for “new” connection for powerpoints, gas and even safety switch for the fridge?

Hi, good question. We just changed/ upgraded our appliances which obviously included the powerponts.
Any new appliances we added like an extra oven, we had to pay for the extra PowerPoint
However your situation is different as the space is there your just putting it yourself.
Better check because the credit may of included the power.
ASJ1981
MIM11
Hi all,

Can anyone help us solve a mystery?

We have our kitchen plans and have noticed our upper cabinets sit 700mm of the bench. I found this to be a little high, so hit the display homes to see.

All the cabinets sit 600-650 yet told 700mm is the standard.

We have a window as the splash back which is 700mm so this may be why. However I don’t know if the window is 700mm including frame and seal so the glass pane is really only 600-650mm.

Does anyone have a 700mm window splashback and know the actual height from the bench top the the bottom of the upper cabinetry is.

Also what the height is from your floor to the top of the stone?

Hi, we have a window splashback and from benchtop to upper cabinets, ours is also 700m.

From our floor to top of stone, it is 930mm.

Our ceilings are 2.74m high.

Thankyou for your reply!
MIM11
M4bath

Hi, good question. We just changed/ upgraded our appliances which obviously included the powerponts.
Any new appliances we added like an extra oven, we had to pay for the extra PowerPoint
However your situation is different as the space is there your just putting it yourself.
Better check because the credit may of included the power.

the credit says for appliances and "no allowance has been made for any non standard connections". I would think standard connection be for the powerpoint for rangehood, dishwasher and cooktop along with the gas connection? Is the powerpoint for the fridge with the safety switch standard? For the rest, I do understand it is non-standard such as the wall ovens.

Hmm....

Our cute little parcel of "dirt" - most expensive dirt we'll ever own
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum