Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 704 of 730
Oh i see. Our Masterton consultant conveniently left that out of the discussion before we paid for the tender.
Rox82 why would they even do the drawers like that as they are so hard to make! That's the left hand not talking to the right hand and the head looking the other way! Definitely complain and get what you paid for.

Wow Rox82. Those drawers are puzzling!??
I'm not sure who would find them suitable the way they are ... odd that anyone would think to make them that shape without prior consultation. Seriously.
I really hope some adjustments can be made. They make no sense.

Pommie - I know the Savoy range of doors will be in the Mansion package. Not sure about other ranges. We selected a savoy door, but the textured glass panels were additional as was the paint I think. We painted the door rather than stain it. It really pained the painter to paint over such beautiful timber, but I love the end result.
What door are you looking at?

We had wardrobe, pantry and linen cuboard interals installed today.
I drove past again this afternoon and saw flyscreens had also been fitted.
We must be close ...

Oh and I was super pleased to cross paths with our kitchen installer today. He was on site working on the granny flat kitchen, I mentioned I wanted the kitchen cabinets in the main house turned so that the timber grain married up (looked continuous).
He mentioned that they don't really make the doors to match up? I thought this was strange, as surely most people would want a grain that flows?? While standing in front of the kitchen, he could see what I was saying, he agreed that the timber grain would marry up by turning the doors ...

Before & After

That looks soooooo much better!!!! It would have done my head in the way they originally installed it!!! 🤗🤗🤗
MartinsHarmony
Pommie - I know the Savoy range of doors will be in the Mansion package. Not sure about other ranges. We selected a savoy door, but the textured glass panels were additional as was the paint I think. We painted the door rather than stain it. It really pained the painter to paint over such beautiful timber, but I love the end result.
What door are you looking at?

Wow they offered a door within a range included in the package then charged for the glass type, that's a bit harsh.

We have always stated we wanted the look of the eclipse display home which is why is disappointing that all these extra costs come out now. The door model there is in the Linear range XLR150

http://www.humedoors.com.au/products/en ... ies/xlr150
Yes, I think frosted, clear and cathedral glass were included glass options for panels in door.
Of course I wanted the textured glass. Only. One. Not. Included.
In saying that, it was only $45 for the textured glass.

I also frosted my laundry window, for an additional charge.
The only included frosted windows were ensuite and main bathroom.
That was an additional $23 for 'Spotswood' glass in laundry.

It was all these little changes that added up for us.
I wanted little changes EVERYWHERE.

Masterton Payment schedule.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fixed payment schedule that Masterton will expect us to comply with?
Has anyone managed to negotiate with Mastertons for this schedule?

Thx
pommie

Can anyone tell me if there is a fixed payment schedule that Masterton will expect us to comply with?

Thx

Hi pommie

Payment schedule is fixed milestone percentages and is pretty even to their costs at each stage, so didn't seek to change anything in this regards

Sevenths

OK thanks, are you able to share the schedule with me ?
pommie

Thx

we negotiated ours slightly as the bank had certain fixed requirements (fewer number of payments and max % by certain milestones) and M had there own (primarily on no of payments to match their actual expenses). found their accounts people quite reasonable
The payment schedule can be changed.
Sevenths you are deluded if you think that the percentages are their costs at each stage. They are making a 27% builders margin on these builds if they work it correctly and the final payment to them should really be their profit that they deserve at the end.
We negotiated our final payment to be 20%.
Didn't help though really as there as so many things that need attention that were not spotted even at pci. Our 90 day list is building up.

Roc82 those draws are a complete joke. Left doesn't know what the right is doing. If your SS doesn't think it needs fixing show him the photo of how you thought would be as I'm sure we all would expect the same. If not your SS take it up a notch and ask to speak to his supervisor.

Good luck with your builds and get s building inspector before insulation and gyprock goes up and get one for pci. We always said we would do that but didn't and it has bitten us hard I feel.
We have a garage door!

rox82-- Lovely pictures Rox82! Absolutely love the kitchen benchtop... did you get the benchtop through masterton?
I'm loving your kitchen! It's beautiful xx
Looks like they've put 3 of those timber doors on upside down though? The grain would normally match up.

Looking good Rox82! Love the window splashback in the kitchen.
Your bathroom is really lovely. Classic and timeless selections. Love the marble penny rounds in the niche.

We've had lots of little bits and pieces completed this week. Data/aerial points and alarm installed, all tiling finished off, garage door installed, and the house has been cleaned. I think the only items left to do are door handles, shower screens, mirrors, AC vents, carpet and some painting to be finished off.
Really hope PCI and keys are not too far away.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum