Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home Group WA - WE ARE IN!

Page 71 of 72
Yeah pretty much same here. We know we are doing a built in BBQ but not sure if we will do an outdoor kitchen when the second Alfresco goes up so may just have a little Webber for now.
I still don't know how I want the planter boxes to go out the back. But I need to think about it soon.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
Hi Nat, just trying to find on your thread which painting company you went with in the end? And we're you happy with the job?
Pinkjam
Hi Nat, just trying to find on your thread which painting company you went with in the end? And we're you happy with the job?

Hey Pinkjam

We used Hoyer painting, his names Daniel
I thought he was great, I would probably pay a bit extra though for patching around window frames if I got the chance again

Thanks Nat, I did see you talking bout Hoyer but wasn't sure if you went with them. I had them flagged for a quote so will definitely follow that up now. Did they suggest patching to you or it something you thought of after? And can you pm me the approx cost they quoted you for the size of your place. Thanks
Pinkjam
Thanks Nat, I did see you talking bout Hoyer but wasn't sure if you went with them. I had them flagged for a quote so will definitely follow that up now. Did they suggest patching to you or it something you thought of after? And can you pm me the approx cost they quoted you for the size of your place. Thanks
m

I didn't think till after it was all painted

Hey Nat what colour did you go for with your mirrored splashback?

kellie_87
Hey Nat what colour did you go for with your mirrored splashback?

Hey kel it's just tinted mirror as far as I know?

Your home is looking beautiful Nat, hope you are enjoying it. Love the kitchen and landscaping

jelbell55
Your home is looking beautiful Nat, hope you are enjoying it. Love the kitchen and landscaping

Thanks Jelbell
Not much has been happening lately as I can't make up my mind

Fences are all getting lowered next week as the fencing company set them way to high, then more exposed agg getting done and the BBQ Slab and then the fake grass to go down

Haven't been on in a while can't believe we are up to 4 months already! They came and fixed the cornice cracking and wall cracks today, feel like we are going to have to repaint the whole house with how many we have.. I said to my partner I paid a painter so I didn't have to paint

They couldn't do all in one day so we have 1 more 8 hour day to go!

Finally got our letter box plate too and spare room is half done, just need more decor!

They are meant to touch up with paint. Our neighbours the builder said because they didn't paint it that they weren't liable. Ours painted no worries even though we didn't go through them, I would of kicked up a fuss otherwise lol

Letterbox plate looks good, how much did it end up costing? I need to order one though I think I will need it a lot longer.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
Love you letterbox plate. Where did you get that made please?
Caraf88
They are meant to touch up with paint. Our neighbours the builder said because they didn't paint it that they weren't liable. Ours painted no worries even though we didn't go through them, I would of kicked up a fuss otherwise lol

Letterbox plate looks good, how much did it end up costing? I need to order one though I think I will need it a lot longer.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306

Ours won't paint
same thing as they didn't paint not there problem to touch up, My partner started cutting in tonight and I'll probably get it finished this weekend hopefully it looks horrible lol

spuddles76

We got it made from edgeworkshop in Osbourne park they do HGWAs ones, they were great to deal with.

I didn't do a normal size and did custom sizing which was more expensive cost $495
I wish I went longer but I think it doesn't look to bad

Well at least he's done the cutting in, makes your life easier. We want to paint a wall a different colour but I keep avoiding it haha

$495 wow they are so expensive aren't they!! I have to start looking into it though.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
Caraf88
Well at least he's done the cutting in, makes your life easier. We want to paint a wall a different colour but I keep avoiding it haha

$495 wow they are so expensive aren't they!! I have to start looking into it though.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306

I know and that was the cheapest out of everyone I looked at!

spuddles76

Sorry don't mean to jump in but we got ours, can't remember exact length but quite long, from Action Laser Cutting for about $130! I shopped around and couldn't believe how expensive they were then someone on the forum recommended this company in Bayswater. Couldn't be happier
+Tbrown2012
spuddles76

Sorry don't mean to jump in but we got ours, can't remember exact length but quite long, from Action Laser Cutting for about $130! I shopped around and couldn't believe how expensive they were then someone on the forum recommended this company in Bayswater. Couldn't be happier

Wow so much cheaper was it marine grade stainless steel and have the black powder coated aluminium backing too?

Natalie92
Haven't been on in a while can't believe we are up to 4 months already! They came and fixed the cornice cracking and wall cracks today, feel like we are going to have to repaint the whole house with how many we have.. I said to my partner I paid a painter so I didn't have to paint

They couldn't do all in one day so we have 1 more 8 hour day to go!

Finally got our letter box plate too and spare room is half done, just need more decor!

Looks great!

Yes marine grade Natalie. We are on the coast so marine grade was really important. Been on for over 2 years now and holding up well

Home looks lovely btw
Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with this little strip in our front garden, I was thinking just stones with steppers but I would need some sort of thick edging so when the lawn gets down they don't flick up and hit the Windows

I don't really want more garden to look after, anyone got some good ideas?

Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum