Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 71 of 165
Hi all,
I noticed lots of people in Willowdale have timber look garage doors. Im wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much they are?? ☺☺☺
rk7
Actually in the release 3 (earlier this month ) pricing is 388K for 375 sqmt land

Hi Rk7. Are you able to post the price list for this release please?
Marko56
rk7
Actually in the release 3 (earlier this month ) pricing is 388K for 375 sqmt land

I didn't hear about a release in June? I have been speaking to Emma from the sales office every month and it has been pushed back and should be next month.. The last release before this was November..
I was told the other day the new release will be up around the $1000 per square metre..
RonyMay
Hi all,
I noticed lots of people in Willowdale have timber look garage doors. Im wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much they are?? ☺☺☺

Our decowood garage door cost around $3000.
Thanks Nimsy ☺
Hi guys

Has anybody had any problems with their design lodgement with Stockland?
We wanted black window trimmings and have been told that it is not allowed as "the design essentials stipulates that the colour black is not endorsed" - did not realise that this extended to the window trimmings!
We also chose Boral Macquarie roof tile in Twilight, in link below, but have been told that that also is too black. We actually prefer Ebony, but did not chose that as it is black.
http://www.boral.com.au/productcatalogu ... product=66
We were given the alternatives of charcoal or monument, neither of which come in our tile style.
Feeling really frustrated at the moment! We wanted a particular colour door and when we enquired early on were told that it wouldn't be approved - Very irritated, grrr!!
stephaniek88
Marko56
rk7

I didn't hear about a release in June? I have been speaking to Emma from the sales office every month and it has been pushed back and should be next month.. The last release before this was November..
I was told the other day the new release will be up around the $1000 per square metre..

Here's what the email says...

Land sizes in this release range from 375m² - 528m². With a 375m² block of land starting from $388,000 and a 450m² from $465,000 building your dream home in this stunning setting could soon be a reality. Click here to view the sales plan for this latest Denham Park release and to see its ideal location set within Willowdale.

Is it because it is called denham park?? Is that why it is more expensive? ?
Hey CharlieMojo
i noticed when we went to visit our land everyone had a grey roof. Seems like you have to conform. Sucks when you have your heart set on something though.

CharlieMojo
Hi guys

We wanted black window trimmings and have been told that it is not allowed as "the design essentials stipulates that the colour black is not endorsed" - did not realise that this extended to the window trimmings!
We also chose Boral Macquarie roof tile in Twilight, in link below, but have been told that that also is too black. We actually prefer Ebony, but did not chose that as it is black.
We were given the alternatives of charcoal or monument, neither of which come in our tile style.
Feeling really frustrated at the moment! We wanted a particular colour door and when we enquired early on were told that it wouldn't be approved - Very irritated, grrr!!
CharlieMojo
Hi guys

Hi Charlie,
Not sure what window trimmings are but we went with black aluminium window frames for our place and had no problem.
I never saw any limitations on black on the guide lines.
Thats really strange!!
They seem to be flexible though because we removed the render from our house to its full brick with no feature and we were scared they would say no but they said it was fine..
stephaniek88
Marko56
rk7

I used trusty google and the release information came up..
http://www.stockland.com.au/residential ... ONLINE.pdf
This was never released to everyone which is strange..
stephaniek88
CharlieMojo
Hi guys

Hi Charlie,
Not sure what window trimmings are but we went with black aluminium window frames for our place and had no problem.
Thats really strange!!
They seem to be flexible though because we removed the render from our house to its full brick with no feature and we were scared they would say no but they said it was fine..

Hi stephaniek88

I do mean aluminium window frames! Sorry, I was a little annoyed when I typed that post!!
We also chose black but apparently not allowed!
And we are pretty sure we have seen it on plenty of houses within the estate so I don't know where that has come from...

I'm happy that at least you guys got what you wanted

I don't know why they are being difficult with something minor (and obviously approved for others) as black window frames.
[quote="RonyMay"]Hey CharlieMojo
i noticed when we went to visit our land everyone had a grey roof. Seems like you have to conform. Sucks when you have your heart set on something though.

Hey RonyMay

I know what you mean - there are guidelines and we have to follow, which is fine...

But, the roof colour that we want is a dark grey.
From the colours in our tile Ebony is black and Twilight (our choice) is a dark grey - still within the grey range so I am not sure what the problem is...

We don't really want a lighter tile than that as the colour will dull over time and we were hoping for a brighter look (which is why we would've preferred the Ebony, being a black with a sheen, but obviously that was a no no).
CharlieMojo
stephaniek88
CharlieMojo
Hi guys

Hi Charlie,
Thats really strange!!

Hi stephaniek88

I do mean aluminium window frames! Sorry, I was a little annoyed when I typed that post!!
We also chose black but apparently not allowed!
And we are pretty sure we have seen it on plenty of houses within the estate so I don't know where that has come from...

I'm happy that at least you guys got what you wanted

I don't know why they are being difficult with something minor (and obviously approved for others) as black window frames.

Hi Charlie,

That is so weird!! Eden Brae have told us everything has been approved so I am assuming it's not a problem but it's stupid to allow some to have it and not others.
Our window frames are Night sky..
They may aswell build the houses for us and pick everything.
Hi all, i was quoted $3600 (incl GST) for floor to ceiling tiles in bathroom and ensuite….otherwise 1.8mt is the offering from Builder at no cost.
Question is to what extent this is necessary ….what are your experiences in this regard…is it justified? is it more a nice to have feature or is it better to get it done at this stage and can't be done later?

any thoughts/comments appreciated.
I meant it sucks that everyone has to be the same

CharlieMojo
RonyMay
Hey CharlieMojo

Hey RonyMay

I know what you mean - there are guidelines and we have to follow, which is fine...

From the colours in our tile Ebony is black and Twilight (our choice) is a dark grey - still within the grey range so I am not sure what the problem is...

We don't really want a lighter tile than that as the colour will dull over time and we were hoping for a brighter look (which is why we would've preferred the Ebony, being a black with a sheen, but obviously that was a no no).
RonyMay

CharlieMojo
RonyMay
Hey CharlieMojo

Hey RonyMay

But.. There are more than 50 shades of grey...........

RonyMay

CharlieMojo
RonyMay
Hey CharlieMojo

Hey RonyMay

But.. There are more than 50 shades of grey...........

Hi Rk7, we opted to do the floor to ceiling tiles because we liked the look, and i think it may be easier to clean? Also, our tiler told us that doing it later may be difficult because it will depend on whether they will still have the same tile available
LOL @ ganilton, nice call hahahaha
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum