Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Third time's a charm ( our 3rd build @ Bingara Gorge )

Page 8 of 11
Blonde
I’ve just looked through your whole build and love it. Great colour selections. What colour did you use for the walls? Well done, you guys must be loving it!

Hey there… the walls are marble mist and the architraves are winter ice. It is a gorgeous colour in person, a little hard to capture it on camera and can really change depending on what setting you have your downlighting set at.
Moving day ! This doggo did was more valuable then anyone else in the moving crew lol
Side of garage and side yard concrete poured, this area will decorated in a spray concrete with fleck

Concrete to the rear courtyard off the master poured as well, this area will be paved with ivory travertine same as what was used on the alfresco

Slowly getting it together

1 tv up and 2 more to go

This one has the right idea hahaha

Put together this little tv unit for the kids retreat, so good that the kiddos have their own little area to chill out

Footings for our retaining wall have been poured

Retaining wall to start on Monday
Lessgo
Block work completed for retaining wall done

Lot's happening, it's looking great!
Framework for the steps now done

We are using a composite decking material from TREX for our steps, you can’t beat the way real wood looks but involves some upkeep and unfortunately i just don’t have the time . It was surprisingly easy to narrow our choices of 7 down to just 2 but this is where it became difficult. Havana Gold ( light one ) and Spiced Rum ( darker one ) were the 2 we boiled it down to .

I like your floor colour.
Can I ask if it's Laminate or vinyl? I noticed there are no spacers on the moulding throughout, including the kitchen.
I had to pay extra to remove the spacers but have to have them in the kitchen. I chose Laminate floors.
kennyc
I like your floor colour.
Can I ask if it's Laminate or vinyl? I noticed there are no spacers on the moulding throughout, including the kitchen.
I had to pay extra to remove the spacers but have to have them in the kitchen. I chose Laminate floors.

The floor is a laminate by Quickstep and its from the Impressive Ultra range, I believe it is a thicker plank vs the Impressive range

No idea about spacers I didn’t ask to change or upgrade here
Playing around with letterbox heights to find that balance between aesthetics and practicality

CD12JD
The floor is a laminate by Quickstep and its from the Impressive Ultra range, I believe it is a thicker plank vs the Impressive range

Thanks, I selected the Quickstep laminate Midnight Oak Brown colour, which I believe is the Classic range.
To not have the quads on the skirts for me, I had to pay extra as they have to rearrange the tradies or something. But they said I have to have the quads in the kitchen which sucks.
That's awesome that you didn't have to option or pay extra to not have the quads on the skirting boards.

Looks really good!
kennyc
CD12JD

Thanks, I selected the Quickstep laminate Midnight Oak Brown colour, which I believe is the Classic range.
To not have the quads on the skirts for me, I had to pay extra as they have to rearrange the tradies or something. But they said I have to have the quads in the kitchen which sucks.
That's awesome that you didn't have to option or pay extra to not have the quads on the skirting boards.

Looks really good!

I ask my SS about quads and he said because its laid before the skirting they don’t use it for a neater finish… i do have some silver trims around the bottom of the island and below the cupboards in the kitchen but not quads
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum