Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Coral Heron:We're in and LOVING IT!

Page 8 of 8
Carpet looks lovely. Congrats on making it to the end. Hope the rest of your move in goes well.
Your home looks beautiful - lovely carpet - need a little green faced emoticon for my envy
Congratulations
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Where have I been for so long that I missed all these well-wishes! Thanks everyone.

I've been popping in on other threads during the week - just not my own!!

Well, we are in - obviously! We had handover on the 28th May and spent the next hmmm...3 days moving and cleaning. It wasn't too bad though, we were just renting around the corner and hired a small truck to do it all in. BUT now we're trying to unpack and keep things organised and realising how much more STUFF we need to keep all our STUFF in. The rental had a fantastic built in robe in the garage which we're really missing already.

One of the guys who installed the air-conditioner happily took our old ping-pong table off our hands, so that's one less thing to find a home for

We're really thankful that this is a long weekend. We have HUGE list of things to get done, and really aren't making much headway with it. We've got the kids trampoline set up at last, so they're pleased about that. We were out furniture shopping this morning and arrived at the perfect time to find roller blinds being reduced to clear! We got 60cm x 240 for $20 each, 150cm x 240 for $40 each and 210x240 also for $40. In all, we've got some reasonably good quality blinds for every room in the house except the lounge for less than $400!!! We'd budgeted $2k - so we're damn pleased with that scoop. I'll have to put some piccies up when they're done.

I'm LOVING my new oven. Love it, Love it, Love it.

Still need to organise a driveway, fences, landscaping and then we can relax a little more. It's all part of the journey though, isn't it!
Im so jealous!
So happy for you JL! Your place is fantastic! By the way, where are the discounted blinds from?
JellyLegs
I'm LOVING my new oven. Love it, Love it, Love it.

What kind of oven do you have? I had a look on your blog and I couldn't make out the brand very well.
Is it a Lofra?
glad you're enjoying your new home!!! those blinds sound like an awesome bargain - i'm planning to get mostly roller blinds aswell, i love the look of them
looking to more pics when you start decorating!!

p.s. how did those uni assignments go?
Hi JL just checked out your blog! I love your dining room chairs! you are so talented! Your colours look amazing and it looks like everything has come together so nicely! How exciting for you to be in now! Congratulations!
What a bargain on those blinds JL, where did you get them from ?

Did you source your ducted air yourselves or was that something that Coral did for you ?
Bam
Im so jealous!

Haha! I know EXACTLY how you feel Bam after watching/being part of the forum for about a year and seeing everyone else move into their beautiful new homes while we were being stuffed around by everyone we crossed paths with - including mother nature! Hang in there.

jolie
So happy for you JL! Your place is fantastic! By the way, where are the discounted blinds from?

Jolie, we got the blinds from Amart - not sure if you have them down your way??? One store had them priced between $10 and $40, but when we went to another store to get a size we couldn't find, they had the same ones for 50% off. We were just in the right place at the right time. We bought 3 x 210cm wide blinds for windows that are 180cm and will cut them down. For my sons room, he needed a 120cm and we had to get a 150cm and cut it down. That was the one we got fo 50% off and it cost $52 - goes to show the savings we made!!

We bought some 'sliding' blinds for the Activity room, but changed our minds about these - doubt they'll take them back, so we might try our luck getting our money back on Ebay for these ones

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0560.jpg

Dining Room 60cm for $20 each
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0563.jpg

Close up of Dining Room
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0561.jpg

Family Room Door 210cm for $40!!
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/JellyLegs01/100_0565.jpg

Eljay
What kind of oven do you have? I had a look on your blog and I couldn't make out the brand very well.
Is it a Lofra?

Yep, it's a Lofra LPF9EG.2SS. I gave it quite a work out over the weekend! I can honestly say I have NEVER had such good cupcakes as the ones I made yesterday!! Fluffy on the inside with a lovely crispy top. Mmmmm.... I could get my waistline into some trouble with that thing!!

Building with Coral 2009
p.s. how did those uni assignments go?

I think I handed in the worst piece of CR@P I've ever created in my life! Oh well, bigger, better, more important things to focus on at the time! Now I have to refocus and start preparing for exams

kyiee81
Hi JL just checked out your blog! I love your dining room chairs! you are so talented! Your colours look amazing and it looks like everything has come together so nicely! How exciting for you to be in now! Congratulations!

Thanks Kylie! Hope everything is going great for you too. I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you've got the keys!!

-Rebekah-
What a bargain on those blinds JL, where did you get them from ?

Did you source your ducted air yourselves or was that something that Coral did for you ?

We actually got the blinds from the Helensvale Amart - they may have a few left if you get in there ASAP. The colour was Aniseed and it's the light filter. They also had some rattan ones that looked like a woven basket kind of style reduced as well. The colour has been discontinued, so once they're gone that's it. We phoned every other Amart to find other sizes we needed and only Logan Central and Helensvale have them.

The air con was from Mannix Air at Underwood. We're really happy with it so far. But to be honest, we've only turned it on twice just 'cause we can!! The house seems to do a really good job of staying cosy until about 10/11pm.
Wow! Those blinds look GREAT!! Just the color we are looking for and what a great bargain too! You must be very happy with those.
What a bargain JL! Pity we live on the northside and can't easily get to Helensvale.. but will have a look around the Amart around here. Your blinds looks so professional and slick! A million dollar look for a few bucks - how cool is that
I love your blinds too. The quote I got for something similar was crazy.

Have not heard of Amart before. What sort of shop is that?
mundie mansion

Have not heard of Amart before. What sort of shop is that?

It's like Fantastic Furniture, but I think better quality - they have a huge range of low priced furniture and accessories. Its still not the highest quality stuff, but it does the job well enough if you're on a budget. Our blind quotes were also off the radar -$2k for cheap ones, up to 6k for custom blinds. We've saved a bucket with this scoop.

jolie
What a bargain JL! Pity we live on the northside and can't easily get to Helensvale.. but will have a look around the Amart around here. Your blinds looks so professional and slick! A million dollar look for a few bucks - how cool is that

We phoned the Virginia store, but they don't sell blinds at all. I'm not sure what else might be up north, but I'm sure there's something. Other places might sell that brand too.

Bargain - YES! They even have a 1 year structural warranty
Thanks JL - must go and have a look at the Lawnton store, up Strathpine way..
Actually, your blinds are so lovely, its worth the drive to Helensvale!!
jolie
Thanks JL - must go and have a look at the Lawnton store, up Strathpine way..
Actually, your blinds are so lovely, its worth the drive to Helensvale!!

Phone them first before you make the drive out there! They only have whats left until it's all sold out. You never know your luck though. Also phone the Logan Central store - I know they had a few of the 150cm ones left on the weekend too. Logan will cut them to size for free - takes a few weeks though - and Helensvale charge $30 per blind. But even with the cost of petrol you'd still be well ahead.

Good luck!! Oh, hey jolie - did you start today???
wow jellylegs - bargain!!!
i love them!
Hey Jellylegs! I must have missed your big move! Sorry and a very belated congrats! Your house looks awesome! Does it still feel like you are staying in a hotel? Or did you never feel that way? Well done mate!
Thanks heaps for the advice re. the blinds!
Did we start today? People will think I'm barking mad as I have absolutely no idea.. by the time we finished worked and took DS to soccer, was too late for a drive up to the block.. I was disappointed on Saturday when the only action on the block I saw was a pile of gravel sitting there (and realised it wasn't for us but for the next door neighbour who has just started to build!) - So I thought I'd give them a few days and then go have a look.. if they havent done anything tomorrow, then we'll call them up..Will be forever armed with my camera from now on!! Anyway, enjoy getting settled into your beautiful surroundings
Hi Jelly legs,
Loved your blog. Thought the way you were so excited about the portaloo getting put on the site was rather funny/sweet!
We are about to start building the Hamilton wiht Coral in Warner Lakes. I have a quick question; the blinds you chose, are they see through at night? I'm loving those white blinds but have found outthat they are completely see through. It was suggested to me to put up 2 pairson each window but I tohught it might have been too pricey. Seeing your bargain made me hink it might be OK. Not sure how it would work though.
Anyway, congratulations on moving into your home. It really is awesoem to see a happy owner!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum