Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Daydream 28 Far North Coast NSW

Page 8 of 10
Thanks, different people we had des nelson his had his name all over their cars. Just seeing if we were waiting on you to get tiles 😂
that's good they moved the kitchen island, what a relief for you, as you want to be happy with your dream house ! hope the last month of build goes well for you., so in total that would mean about 5 to 6 months build time, that's pretty good, especially when compared to some of the delays you hear on this blog site
WowBingo
that's good they moved the kitchen island, what a relief for you, as you want to be happy with your dream house ! hope the last month of build goes well for you., so in total that would mean about 5 to 6 months build time, that's pretty good, especially when compared to some of the delays you hear on this blog site

Hi WowBingo - If handover is when my SS says it will be it will have been 19 weeks build time but 22 weeks since the start date. The build stage has been quite quick and while there have been some stressful moments for the most part it has been less stressful than earlier stages.

However, it will be exactly 3 years since we put a deposit down on the land and got our preliminary quote from Coral. Based on the promises that were given it was supposed to have only been a 9 month wait........its been a long road...... most of the blame for that is with the developer but Coral did also faff about leading into and during the contract stage which meant that we lost 4 months. An error by our conveyancer also cost us a month.

What ever though....... its all part of the journey and so long as the outcome is a comfortable home that we can fit our teenage / young adult (hopefully not 30+ year old adult!!) kids into and can afford to keep, then its all good.

Cheers,

Brad
Week 16 (19 weeks since build commenced)
Progress over the past week:
-Wet area tiles and kitchen and laundry splashback tiling completed (although corking still needs to be done)
-Garage door install
-Fit-offs starting (electrical fit-off complete including stove and oven and plumbing fit off supplies delivered ready to start next week)

Issues:
-Happy with the tiling but the bottom run of penny tiles on the bathroom niches is a little rough. The height of the niches was also not in sync with tile height which means that the tiles are not exactly 2,100 and so sit an inch above the top of the window frame in the main bathroom and about an inch below in the en suite - looks a little weird but we will have to live with it.
- Electricians installed two of three downlights over the kitchen island bench off-set to the downlights over the kitchen passageway. Looks weird and will be asking for them to be moved.
- There is still so much to do and with PC scheduled for 3 weeks away it is hard to see how it is all going to get done in that time frame.
- With the garage door on we are now locked out.

Garage door and external wedge lights on. So looking forward to seeing the fence come down and the driveway and paths go in to frame and set-off the garage door.

Loving how our kitchen is looking but bit annoyed that the electrician has offset the downlights rather than keeping them aligned opposite one another so as to maintain symmetry.

That’s awesome brad. Looks really good. Your powering ahead of us. We still haven’t gotten tiles started. Hopefully start today. We are looking like end of March pci
End of week 16 (19 weeks since build commenced)

This weeks progress:

- Kitchen island benchtop installed
- Rough tiling in the niches corrected (still a slight imperfection on aluminium edging but a big improvement none the less)
- Incorrect placement of downlights over island bench corrected
- Internal plumbing fit-off complete
- Commenced laying timber floors

Issues:
- Field drain grates (there are 6 of them) have been installed just below existing ground level which is about 10cm below where I wanted to take the ground level up to (i.e. to just below the visual termite barrier). Not sure how to proceed with this one. I'll ask my SS if it can be amended but I may need to get a plumber in after handover to raise the height of the drain grates.

Flooring started in family room.

Internal plumbing fit off complete

Looking good.
GarethB
Looking good.

Your bathroom looks very stylish and contemporary and such a classic look that won’t date over time. I’m sure you are very pleased with it.

Is that Sublime Teak on the doors?

I like your floor tiles too, would you mind sharing what they are? Tx
Bebbsy
GarethB
Looking good.

Your bathroom looks very stylish and contemporary and such a classic look that won’t date over time. I’m sure you are very pleased with it.

Is that Sublime Teak on the doors?

I like your floor tiles too, would you mind sharing what they are? Tx

Hi Bebbsy.

Thanks! Yes "safe and simple" was our approach to colour selection.

Impressions sublime teak riven on the cabinetry doors and the wet area floor tiles are Belga Grey BT Gl-Porcelain. 450 x 450.

I posted more details for our colour selection on the first and second page of this topic.

regards,

Brad
Hey brad have you received an email booking in your pci? Ours has been moved to the 22nd. Really hope it doesn’t keep getting moved further away
Tash801
Hey brad have you received an email booking in your pci? Ours has been moved to the 22nd. Really hope it doesn’t keep getting moved further away

Hi Tash, No not yet. I am just going by what my SS has told me which is 15th March. QA inspections is next week so I assume that we are still on target? If we aren't I have not been told otherwise. I hope yours remains locked in at the 22nd. Cheers. Brad
What’s QA inspections?
Seen our ss yesterday and he said our shower screens are holding us up from a 15th pci. Takes 10 days from date of measure which was Wednesday because the tiler took longer than expected as they ordered him the wrong edging. Wish they would explain this stuff more in the emails.
Tash801
What’s QA inspections?
Seen our ss yesterday and he said our shower screens are holding us up from a 15th pci. Takes 10 days from date of measure which was Wednesday because the tiler took longer than expected as they ordered him the wrong edging. Wish they would explain this stuff more in the emails.

Hi Tash,

My SS told me that QA inspections involve four sets of eyes. The SS, Coral Homes QA inspector, Certifier (leading toward occupation certificate I assume) and my lender also sends out a valuer before making the final payment. We are also giving consideration to paying a 3rd party for an independent handover inspection.

Bummer about your shower screens. I am not sure where ours is at. Our edging was messed up also. The tiler had to pull it off and redo the niches. It looks much better now. We may have a delay on the shower screens as silicon sealing (i.e. at where tiles meet at corners) still hasn't been done in the wet areas.

We are getting there.... so close now......... I will post an update with photos a little later today.

Brad
Who are you thinking of getting for your private inspection we are thinking about getting one as well.
Tash801
Who are you thinking of getting for your private inspection we are thinking about getting one as well.

Hi Tash - I responded to you via private message.
End week 17 (20 weeks since build start)

This weeks progress:
-Floor coverings complete (looks awesome!)
-Fit-offs complete
-Driveway prep
-Practical completion confirmed for 15th March

Issues:
Excavator operator knocked a chunk of render off the front of my garage.... Grrrrrrrrr. I am sure it will get fixed but bloody disappointing none the less.

Driveway prep. - bit slack on the photos this week. This was the only one I took.

That looks like good progress with your build. How long do think the whole build will take?

Pity about the wall bump....you would think when they get that close they’d jump out and just dig those sections with some old fashioned elbow grease
darb74
That looks like good progress with your build. How long do think the whole build will take?

Pity about the wall bump....you would think when they get that close they’d jump out and just dig those sections with some old fashioned elbow grease

Hi Darb. We should be at practical completion this Friday which will be 18 weeks of build time plus 3 weeks of shut down time over Xmas to make a total of 21 weeks. There will still be a few touch-ups and a couple of minor items to fix or finalise after that so make it 20 weeks build time and 23 weeks total (including the Xmas shut down)................ and then after we move in there is landscaping, turf, fences, timber decks and window covering and a shed and .......... the list goes on.
How did pci go? We have ours finally booked in for the 26th
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum