Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 8 of 34
shokel1975
We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

For some reason all our docs and floor plans have always said Signature. No idea why???!
Was your salesperson from signature?

We were told because we signed through a signature sales consultant and because of where our property is that we'd get a signature build team

Drew01
shokel1975
We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

For some reason all our docs and floor plans have always said Signature. No idea why???!

We were told because we signed through a signature sales consultant and because of where our property is that we'd get a signature build team

Our original sales consultant has an email signature ‘Signature by Metricon‘. that must be why...
While construction is still a while off, we have made our first decision on interior design..... we will be purchasing this Matt Blatt pendant for above the stairwell. We saw it on the set of the Shark Tank TV series and love how it looks when illuminated... Now to make the decision on the rest of the pendants!

shokel1975
While construction is still a while off, we have made our first decision on interior design..... we will be purchasing this Matt Blatt pendant for above the stairwell. We saw it on the set of the Shark Tank TV series and love how it looks when illuminated... Now to make the decision on the rest of the pendants!

Imagine the dust it would collect.
I know! I mentioned that to hubby and said I am going to have to get a duster with a long handle to hang over the balustrade upstairs! He suggested putting the reverse 'blower' option on the vacc and blowing the dust off! I guess, no matter what lights you get, they are going to get dust on them, and over the stairwell is a tough place to dust any light! Style over functionality in this case
Why does it take M FOUR WEEKS to update floor plans..... and 90% of the errors are from their own incompetence anyway!!!! Getting so over how slow things move with them. It took 1 1/2 weeks to get one small tile variation back to us. One item!!! 😡
I feel like we are making very slow progress at the moment..... We signed our Contracts back on 28 July, and only today, have M finally gotten pricing variations correct for us to sign off on. It has been a hard slog - not sure why it takes them so long, and why so many times these docs come back with errors/omissions etc. Sometimes I feel like I am doing my CSC's work for her - checking and double checking it all and finding errors. She is great, but far too busy to give her clients the time and care they deserve. I don't even think she has been double checking anything coming back from Estimating - I have constantly found issues with the docs. I asked her how many clients she had, and she advised about 50! No wonder, the quality of the work coming out of that office is sub standard - they are severely under resourced.

Anyway, now we are waiting for them to fix the errors/omissions with our final plans. We are in the 3rd week of the 4 weeks they told us it would take. I don't have any confidence that we will see these plans next week, and if we do, unfortunately, I am sure there will still be things wrong that need correcting. I hate that M has turned me into a cynical person!

Waiting is so frustrating - especially when I know we still have 2 months of waiting for planning permits with council once we get this stuff finalised with M. I have to learn to be patient!
Unfortunately that is how the system is working at M. I signed contract in March. Variations are not completed yet for me.
Clean
Unfortunately that is how the system is working at M. I signed contract in March. Variations are not completed yet for me.

Oh wow, that’s crazy! Such a frustrating time isn’t it. Why are your variations still getting sorted? Is it because of M?
shokel1975
Clean

Oh wow, that’s crazy! Such a frustrating time isn’t it. Why are your variations still getting sorted? Is it because of M?

I spoke to a sales consultant today, who told me that there is a massive backlog in the estimating area at the moment... might explain it
Drew01
shokel1975
Clean

I spoke to a sales consultant today, who told me that there is a massive backlog in the estimating area at the moment... might explain it

It just seems madness to not employ more staff. I’m not holding my breath re getting plans back by next week 😩
shokel1975
Drew01
shokel1975

Our original sales consultant has an email signature ‘Signature by Metricon‘. that must be why...

That’s weird Cos ours was with a signature consultant. And ours still says designer even thou it’s up to a signature upgrade.

Doulton777
shokel1975
Drew01
[quote="shokel1975"]We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

That’s weird Cos ours was with a signature consultant. And ours still says designer even thou it’s up to a signature upgrade.

[/quote]

I have no idea why.... we are certainly not getting the Signature customer service with promptness that for sure!!

shokel1975
I feel like we are making very slow progress at the moment..... We signed our Contracts back on 28 July, and only today, have M finally gotten pricing variations correct for us to sign off on. It has been a hard slog - not sure why it takes them so long, and why so many times these docs come back with errors/omissions etc. Sometimes I feel like I am doing my CSC's work for her - checking and double checking it all and finding errors. She is great, but far too busy to give her clients the time and care they deserve. I don't even think she has been double checking anything coming back from Estimating - I have constantly found issues with the docs. I asked her how many clients she had, and she advised about 50! No wonder, the quality of the work coming out of that office is sub standard - they are severely under resourced.

Anyway, now we are waiting for them to fix the errors/omissions with our final plans. We are in the 3rd week of the 4 weeks they told us it would take. I don't have any confidence that we will see these plans next week, and if we do, unfortunately, I am sure there will still be things wrong that need correcting. I hate that M has turned me into a cynical person!

Waiting is so frustrating - especially when I know we still have 2 months of waiting for planning permits with council once we get this stuff finalised with M. I have to learn to be patient!

Ours took 3 months from contract to get the variations right. It’s common practice for admin to get things wrong. We had 34 pre contract variations. They really need to restructure everything.

shokel1975
Doulton777
shokel1975
[quote="Drew01"][quote="shokel1975"]We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

[/quote]

I have no idea why.... we are certainly not getting the Signature customer service with promptness that for sure!!

[/quote]

We did with our consultant. She was amazing. But admin is a different story altogether.

Doulton777
shokel1975
Doulton777
[quote="shokel1975"][quote="Drew01"][quote="shokel1975"]We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]

We did with our consultant. She was amazing. But admin is a different story altogether.

[/quote]

Our CSC is good but I guess she can’t speed the process up single handedly. I just have to learn to be patient!!! But it’s hard when I see all your beautiful homes being built haha!

shokel1975
Doulton777
shokel1975
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="shokel1975"][quote="Drew01"][quote="shokel1975"]We are definitely building a Freedom home, but with what we are spending on upgrades, it feels like we are paying for a Signature home. Lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our CSC is good but I guess she can’t speed the process up single handedly. I just have to learn to be patient!!! But it’s hard when I see all your beautiful homes being built haha!

[/quote]

Lol I get what you mean. I got told each variation you add gets put in a queue. And it’s basically just waiting your turn for estimation. That’s why it takes so long. They really need to explain this to clients. As a lot of clients have no idea how it worked until they you ask why the wait is so long. Well this explains it.

The CSCs really have their hands tied; doesnt matter how much they want to help you, they have absolutely no influence over any of the other teams. You just have to wait your turn and it sucks.
Yes everything goes into que. CSC can't do anything. I asked to remove, for example, item 32 from contract estimate as it was a duplicate charge. The item has already been charged elsewhere. They removed item, 33 instead of 32, sheer negligence. To fix this error they took 3 weeks.

I have been asking for revised colors schedule. I asked this as I changed some colors and I wanted to ensure that they did it properly. CSC has been telling you would receive during final contract signing time (before it goes to construction phase). They applied for developer approval with old colors and got it approved. Now they sent me colors schedule which was done with errors. Once they fix this they again need to apply for developer approval. Insane.
Clean
Yes everything goes into que. CSC can't do anything. I asked to remove, for example, item 32 from contract estimate as it was a duplicate charge. The item has already been charged elsewhere. They removed item, 33 instead of 32, sheer negligence. To fix this error they took 3 weeks.

I have been asking for revised colors schedule. I asked this as I changed some colors and I wanted to ensure that they did it properly. CSC has been telling you would receive during final contract signing time (before it goes to construction phase). They applied for developer approval with old colors and got it approved. Now they sent me colors schedule which was done with errors. Once they fix this they again need to apply for developer approval. Insane.

I think that is what annoys me the most. The amount of careless mistakes and the time they take to rectify it. So, so frustrating! I can’t wait to get out of the admin stage.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum