Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes - Northridge Estate SA

Page 8 of 10
HI Tina,

I got reply like this below. I think we need to deal with this.

)
[img=19x20]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif[/img]
[img=19x20]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif[/img]
[table][tr][td]to me
[img=20x20]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif[/img]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Hi Rajan,
Yes this is for the consumer mains connection from SA power networks. This is nothing to do with energy Australia.

Regards,
Raj
I am not too sure Raj. I just asked a friend who is further along in their build with Fairmont and they said they got the same email and sent it onto Fairmont who took care of it for them.
Hi Tina,

You guys get this email or sms from Power Network soon. I will call SA power network.
rajan674
Hi Tina,

You guys get this email or sms from Power Network soon. I will call SA power network.

Yeah can't wait to actually get something happening

I need to call SA Power when they email me anyway as I need to make sure my connection is a 3 phase one and not a single phase one.
Hi Raj & Tina ,

I believe that fairmont will be connecting our sites with energy australia during the build phase and then we can switch to a provider of our own choice.

As SA power network no longer installs the meter , in our case fairmont must contact Energy Australia for the installation as since Dec 2017 , retailer is responsible for instalking the eleceriticty meter at your premises and not the SA powrt network.

Read below:
https://www.sapowernetworks.com.au/conn ... allations/
Hi Raj & Tina ,

I believe that fairmont will be connecting our sites with energy australia during the build phase and then we can switch to a provider of our own choice.

As SA power network no longer installs the meter , in our case fairmont must contact Energy Australia for the installation as since Dec 2017 ,the retailer is responsible for installing the electricity meter at your premises and not the SA power network.

Read below:
https://www.sapowernetworks.com.au/conn ... allations/
Hi PBN and Tina,

Actually PBN you are right. I just called SA power network. Since starting I dont like response of Fairmont homes.
So we dropped by the estate today to check in everyone’s progress.. not thinking much about our own since we figured we were still 3-4 weeks away from a start date and were met with this surprise!!! Excited is an understatement 😁😁😁
tina v
So we dropped by the estate today to check in everyone’s progress.. not thinking much about our own since we figured we were still 3-4 weeks away from a start date and were met with this surprise!!! Excited is an understatement 😁😁😁
Congratulations Tina.
tina v

Congratulations Tina. Finally it's happening.Can't wait for ours to start now.
Hi All,
Has anybody started looking into an internet provider yet? I have called Optus, which is currently my service provider but was disappointed that they do not service the area and have asked me to look for another provider but they cannot tell me which provider service there.

Thanks
ayoubjummun
Hi All,
Has anybody started looking into an internet provider yet? I have called Optus, which is currently my service provider but was disappointed that they do not service the area and have asked me to look for another provider but they cannot tell me which provider service there.

Thanks

Wow that’s absolutely ridiculous! You would think a big company like Optus would service the Enfield suburb?
My brother in law lives a few blocks over in Enfield as well and uses TPG without an issue. Otherwise I guess you can look at Telstra? We will most likely go witness TPG as they are who we currently use too.
tina v
ayoubjummun
Hi All,

Thanks

Wow that’s absolutely ridiculous! You would think a big company like Optus would service the Enfield suburb?
My brother in law lives a few blocks over in Enfield as well and uses TPG without an issue. Otherwise I guess you can look at Telstra? We will most likely go witness TPG as they are who we currently use too.

Thanks Tina. I will try TPG and Telstra.
Just to give you an update on the NBN issue. This is the reply I got from TPG:

Dear Ayoub,
Thank your for your email.
Your address will be NBN ready on the 1st of May 2019.
Regards,
Karlo | NBN Consumer Sales | UserID: 11397
T 13 14 23 | F 02 9850 0813
www.tpg.com.au

Email Queue: NBN Consumer Sales
TPG Telecom (ASX: TPM)
when are you due to move in?
sounds like soon if you are organising NBN now which means that Telstra may be your only option - if its even available now?
The site manager told me that they are working towards the 15/12 for completion. I am waiting on Fairmont to give me a hard practical completion date.
ayoubjummun
The site manager told me that they are working towards the 15/12 for completion. I am waiting on Fairmont to give me a hard practical completion date.

oh how exciting! that isn't far off.. congratulations!
how have you found the process so far? have you come across many issues?
Congratulations Ayoub.
Your build is coming along nicely.
I second Tina, TPG is a cheap, no frills ISP having been with them for over 6 years.
Other alternatives could be Belong (Telstra owned), internode, myrepublic etc.
I have contacted Telstra and they are servicing NBN in this area. So for now I will need to go with Telstra.
Hi guys,

Wishing every day of the new year to be filled with success, happiness and prosperity for you and your family.Happy new year.
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum