Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Miami 31- Brighton Homes- Northern Gold Coast

Page 8 of 11
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86
breebarter
I can’t imagine how frustrating the situation is for you!
Some people just think the world owes them.
I think your deal was very reasonable!

Agreed!!! I think I’m still in shock. I just said to the agent ‘well good luck to them, no doubt they’ll realise soon enough that they can’t buy another house in Gainsborough Greens for the price we were will to sell for.’ I’m actually a little relieved not to be selling to them. If they were this difficult to negotiate with I can’t imagine how difficult they’d be come building/pest or finance.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles Kailie! I thought I will cheer you up with some photos I took today at the block! Yay for the street sign.

Ohhhh street signs 😁 when we went out on Sunday we were able to speak with Ray. He said it’s about half way through council, surely that means it can’t be too much longer.... although without our house being finalised I’m not as excited as I’d like to be. The thought of paying 2 mortgages doesn’t excite me much 😂 Which street are you on? We’re on Kiera Heights Crt
Are you ready to start building once the land registers Marcoola? We’ll be lucky to start by the end of the year at this rate 😂
kailie86
Are you ready to start building once the land registers Marcoola? We’ll be lucky to start by the end of the year at this rate 😂

well that's another story unfortunately...at the start we're having problems with the Sales lady so we end up getting a different one. The second one was great but then he suddenly stop communicating with us about the build which is so frustrating. We haven't been to colour appointment or anything like that yet and a don't even have proper estimate for the build. Wish we never started this path but it's too late now
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

well that's another story unfortunately...at the start we're having problems with the Sales lady so we end up getting a different one. The second one was great but then he suddenly stop communicating with us about the build which is so frustrating. We haven't been to colour appointment or anything like that yet and a don't even have proper estimate for the build. Wish we never started this path but it's too late now
/quote]

Oh no, that sux! 😣 We were originally going to build the Daydream 30 with Coral but then fell in love with Brighton’s Miami so changed our mind. I know the SC from coral that you’re talking about and she wasn’t great. We were lucky, the Brighton SC at the Surrounds is EXCELLENT and we can’t speak highly enough of her! If our house had sold in March like it was supposed to then we would have been almost ready to build 😒 unfortunately it’s just a waiting game now. Brighton was finally able to order our soils this week so hopefully there’s no big shock there.
kailie86
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

/quote]

Oh no, that sux! 😣 We were originally going to build the Daydream 30 with Coral but then fell in love with Brighton’s Miami so changed our mind. I know the SC from coral that you’re talking about and she wasn’t great. We were lucky, the Brighton SC at the Surrounds is EXCELLENT and we can’t speak highly enough of her! If our house had sold in March like it was supposed to then we would have been almost ready to build 😒 unfortunately it’s just a waiting game now. Brighton was finally able to order our soils this week so hopefully there’s no big shock there.

I love the Daydream 30 too but we fell in love with the Marcoola 32. Good luck with everything especially selling your house.
Soils came back today and surveys have been completed. S class slab with moderately strong rock, pretty much as we expected. We had included an M class slab in our tender so hopefully if there are any charges for rock removal, the extra we allowed for the slab will cover it.
kailie86
Soils came back today and surveys have been completed. S class slab with moderately strong rock, pretty much as we expected. We had included an M class slab in our tender so hopefully if there are any charges for rock removal, the extra we allowed for the slab will cover it.

I like your Builder Kailie they're on the ball. Still haven't heard from our builder
. How did you go selling your house?
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

I like your Builder Kailie they're on the ball. Still haven't heard from our builder

It’s under contract again. I won’t get excited though! They’ve got until the end of the month to go unconditional so we will wait and see. I won’t get my hopes up until we get that sold sticker lol.
kailie86
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

It’s under contract again. I won’t get excited though! They’ve got until the end of the month to go unconditional so we will wait and see. I won’t get my hopes up until we get that sold sticker lol.

I understand how you feel and hope this time luck will be on your side.
We FINALLY did it! 7 months, 3 agents and 3 contracts but it’s finally sold! First thing we did was contact Brighton to organise contract signing. Bring on the new build 🍾🥂

burkky
We FINALLY did it! 7 months, 3 agents and 3 contracts but it’s finally sold! First thing we did was contact Brighton to organise contract signing. Bring on the new build
🥂

Also, signed in on Tapatalk and it’s used a different sign in name
no idea why lol

kailie86
burkky
We FINALLY did it! 7 months, 3 agents and 3 contracts but it’s finally sold! First thing we did was contact Brighton to organise contract signing. Bring on the new build
🥂

no idea why lol

I don’t care what name you sign in under I’m so pumped for you ❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️

Have you called Brighton Homes yet?

How is your land rego going??

Tribe7
kailie86
burkky
🥂

no idea why lol

I don’t care what name you sign in under I’m so pumped for you ❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️

Have you called Brighton Homes yet?

How is your land rego going??

I emailed them as soon as we found out. Will hopefully hear back tomorrow/Friday about contract signing. So excited! Can’t believe we’re moving in 3 days time. As soon as I get home tomorrow we have to start packing haha

Our broker is going to contact the land sales guy tomorrow and see where we’re at the registration. Surely it can’t be too far away if it was ‘halfway through council’ a month ago.
burkky
We FINALLY did it! 7 months, 3 agents and 3 contracts but it’s finally sold! First thing we did was contact Brighton to organise contract signing. Bring on the new build 🍾🥂

do you mind letting me know how much per m2 you are paying. im interested in brighton but it is so hard to know roughly what the end cost will be, as opposed to the advertised price. thanks
candiceb
burkky

do you mind letting me know how much per m2 you are paying. im interested in brighton but it is so hard to know roughly what the end cost will be, as opposed to the advertised price. thanks

Hi Candice,
I haven’t worked out the price per m2. However we’ve so far spent about 100k over the original price. That was with some pretty expensive changes and upgrades though. I’d say it sits somewhere between $1000-1100 mark.
kailie86
candiceb
burkky

Hi Candice,
I haven’t worked out the price per m2. However we’ve so far spent about 100k over the original price. That was with some pretty expensive changes and upgrades though. I’d say it sits somewhere between $1000-1100 mark.

i would probably have some pretty expensive upgrades too 😛
is there anything that extra 100k doednt include e.g. flooring driveway etc
looking forward to seeing how your find them. mcdonald jones reviews have been amazing or shocking, its seems very region specific... but ive been impressed with what ive seen on the gold coast
Totally agree! There are a couple of Brighton builds on Insta that I follow that have reached completion and both seem great 😁

Our price includes flooring, ducted AC, floor to ceiling tiling in our ensuite, plantation shutters as well as high ceilings/doors/windows and a full render and everything we needed for our BAL rating. Some of those things we got as part of our promo though. Brighton seem to be a little more expensive then others however they have great inclusions. The 100k doesn’t include anything external or electrical upgrades as it’s much cheaper to do both after handover.
Also highly recommend our SC, Jules from Helensvale. She has gone above and beyond to help us. Couldn’t be happier with her.
Still playing the waiting game.... Developers approval and bank valuation all completed. Just waiting on Brighton to hurry up with the pre-lodgement step (apparently the engineering and final plans etc) so that we can get through council and on to site. Just want a slab already lol. I’m already over our rental and it’s only been 6 weeks lol
kailie86
Still playing the waiting game.... Developers approval and bank valuation all completed. Just waiting on Brighton to hurry up with the pre-lodgement step (apparently the engineering and final plans etc) so that we can get through council and on to site. Just want a slab already lol. I’m already over our rental and it’s only been 6 weeks lol

I'm with you Kailie waiting sucks lol. I'm still waiting from my builder to get back for our final plans. I hope we didn't miss anything so we can just sign it and move on.
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum