Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Statesman, Greenock MKII

Page 8 of 15
Always replace skirtings etc down the track when repainting in a few years time when freshening up the house.
Good luck with those other trade quotes though. Guy in statco told me recently to expect about $50 a meter for the good neigbor fencing for materials alone
Yeh thats true!
If we are getting someone to do the fence fixed to the retaining wall will we need to buy the materials ourself for the fence or will they do that?
Best worked out with the person doing the work but assume they would probably buy to ensure right lenghts /nunber of panels etc
Some supply material we have a guy that said between $75-85 pm and he supplies materials
That seems like a pretty good price considering materials are $50 pm
Think its ace fencing, will ask hubby for number not sure how much he will charge for traveling? But worth a shot. He was cheapest we could found wind our neighbours fences. And did a great job
Thank you! 😊 cant hurt to ask
Your kitchen looks fantastic! I love the grey - we almost did something very similar but I chickened out of the grey cupboards and went with parchment. Your pantry is huge

One day we will rip our skinny skirting off too. I love that we are building a brand new home but already have a one day list
saves us getting bored!!!

Thank you! 😊 haha yeh its good to have projects. Definitely getting the yard done will be taking up our free time to start with though
Sarah159
Thank you! 😊 haha yeh its good to have projects. Definitely getting the yard done will be taking up our free time to start with though

Lol yes yard first with blinds
priorities:)
Yes, blinds! I keep forgetting about them 😳 no idea what we are going to do
Me too. I gave now made a list! At first news paper in windows till we get blinds up (online delivery takes round 2 weeks some is a week) as soon as we can see and measure windows we will do that and order the blinds so we have them when we get keys

Thinking roman blinds, or day/night blinds, honeycomb ones looks good too
try and measure a month or so before expected handover during a visit to site
Also if doing security sliding doors you need to ensure the frames for the doors are flat sometimes they might have a dip near the middle and then the door installers have to lift in the middle which creates a gap. I have been recommended by several installers to get them out to measure the sliding door frames a 4-6 weeks before handover so they can get builder to address any issues with door frame
i will be doing basic vertical, roman or pull down blinds with 4 blockout curtains along rear wall where i have my 2 sliding doors
Probably sourced from bunnings or similar
Entilzha
try and measure a month or so before expected handover during a visit to site
Also if doing security sliding doors you need to ensure the frames for the doors are flat sometimes they might have a dip near the middle and then the door installers have to lift in the middle which creates a gap. I have been recommended by several installers to get them out to measure the sliding door frames a 4-6 weeks before handover so they can get builder to address any issues with door frame
i will be doing basic vertical, roman or pull down blinds with 4 blockout curtains along rear wall where i have my 2 sliding doors
Probably sourced from bunnings or similar

We are doing it theough builder, think x-guard , was an upgrade we decided on
I think i will try get the windows measured up this week. Where are you buying your blinds from?
Depending on budget you have
Was looking at blindsonline they send out free samples of the fabrics of the blinds so you can see the actual colour
That website is awesome! Thanks 😊
Sarah159
That website is awesome! Thanks 😊

Yes it is
love that you can ask for samples to see the actual colour before you buy
Yeh there is a great selection. I think ill probably just get white double rollers. I need to get a really good blockout roller on tracks for the master bedroom though bcos my husband is a shift worker and needs it really dark. I found a SA company called Ziptrack so will probably get it from there. And also need panel glide blinds for the sliding doors at the back and the laundry, I dont think that online store sells them though
Interested in how you find both those styles of blinds as have the same concerns - though will probably go for an external roller Shutter for the bedroom at front for added security. I like the look of the panel glide blinds though - had not looked at them before now
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum