Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Arden homes Votivo 37 in South East

Page 8 of 27
Ohhhh what’s happened to the slab, did something go wrong?
What’s happened pEast?

The slab is done - the tradies were just finishing levelling the slab - but will check the part in photo 2 tomorrow morning - I owe, I owe so off to work I go (something like that probably) - have received the invoice for the slab and NHI
pEast
The slab is done - the tradies were just finishing levelling the slab - but will check the part in photo 2 tomorrow morning - I owe, I owe so off to work I go (something like that probably) - have received the invoice for the slab and NHI

Lol I’m hearing ya. Just paid our invoice. Yikes
Wow!
Nice. Were all the problems fixed prior to pour?
pEast
The report

The photos sent after rectification work :

Can anyone please help in identifying which issues these 4 photos relate to as per photos - especially point 4,5 and 6 of the report

pEast
pEast
The report

The photos sent after rectification work :

So don't arden have their own inspector anyway to check for these defects?

Well the tradies started around 0730 and were gone by 1500 - I went to site at exactly at 1500 hoping that Arden's inspector would be on site - These are so easy to pick and I wonder what role does Arden's surveyor play - I have taken photos from a Simonds house which had form work done on the same day - All I can say those pods in garage were just thrown but at Simonds every pods as per item 6 of the report was properly laid and their tradies started work around 0700 and finished around
So visited the site at noon today and it is cleaned all around

pEast

It looks much better once they do that, doesn't it.
Bri1234
pEast

Yes - it was looking terrible before it
pEast
Bri1234
pEast

I was really worried about how much yard space we had until they smoothed out the dirt and cleared it up.
Bri1234
pEast
Bri1234
[quote="pEast"]So visited the site at noon today and it is cleaned all around

I was really worried about how much yard space we had until they smoothed out the dirt and cleared it up.[/quote]

How much do you have Bri?

Not a huge amount Ezza
2m on right
2.5m back
3.6m left
1m left where garage is
We knew it wouldn’t be much but enough for our 2 little dogs

Have you got much?
We have 1.6 down the side with garage so nothing zone. 3m down other side we hope to concrete for the kids bikes and just under 8m at back of house.

Do you have alfresco?

How about u pEast? How much garden do u have?

Must admit ours doesn’t look like much when just dirt and a slab!

Ezza78
We have 1.6 down the side with garage so nothing zone. 3m down other side we hope to concrete for the kids bikes and just under 8m at back of house.

Do you have alfresco?

I just don’t like lawn mowing/pruning trees - I am glad i’m now over pruning 2 apple 🍎 🌳, a plump a nectarine and orange And 2 other trees - in fact so delighted cos council had sent me notice to prune the corner tree or they gonna do it @$3000 - am I glad
So all I have is around 1.7 at garage end and 1.9 other end and 5 metres of backyard -
Ezza78

Do you have alfresco?

Yep we have an alfresco. Looking forward to a nice cuppa out there in the morning.

We're not fussed about having too much yard. Just enough for the dogs. We both hate mowing and yard work. I'd happily concrete the front yard but I don't think we are allowed, lol
Bri1234
Ezza78

Do you have alfresco?

Yep we have an alfresco. Looking forward to a nice cuppa out there in the morning.

We're not fussed about having too much yard. Just enough for the dogs. We both hate mowing and yard work. I'd happily concrete the front yard but I don't think we are allowed, lol

same here - that's all I want to do as well
Week 4 -
It has been 2 days now and SS is to still give clarification regarding points 4,5 and 6 of NHI - because those issues rectification photos r not there.
Further no activity so far - no frames on site
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum