Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Trentham Build - The Baby Bordeaux

Page 8 of 12
Bethany
Quirmeball1280
Bethany
When was your walk through? Ours was almost two weeks ago and nothing has been done since as far as we are aware. Most of the house is really good but our kitchen tiling has been a real problem. We chose the herringbone marble mosaics and the tiler has done really rough cuts, which we just can't accept! Seems they are having a lot of trouble on getting him back and figuring out how to fix it. We're in for the long game though, just want things to be done right. Have they given you any idea of handover date yet?

Where you have had a walk through, is the practical completion payment milestone immediately payable or is it possible to hold back payment until any major issues from the walk through are fixed?

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846

We are in Vic so not sure if it’s the same. Our contract states that builder can issue final invoice when they either get certificate of occupancy or claim they are completed works, if you provide in writing a list of defects (which is what you do at your inspection) it means you don’t have to pay at that stage. Our SS has told us that we just pay at handover - we give him a bank cheque and he gives us keys.

Our ss said the same thing. You don’t have to pay for something that’s not completed. It’s just like anything. You put a deposit down then pay for it once it’s completed.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi

I like to see picture of standard kitchen drawers please. Do they have metal sides? if you are building in Sydney can you please post a photo.

thanks
Nearly 3 weeks since final walk through and nothing has been done! Apart from the concrete we organised ourselves of course... Apparently they ordered the wrong tiles in and the new ones to fix the splashback will be in next week. They’ve agreed to install the extra handrail for the staircase that was on the plans but not installed. These two things are planned for next week. Our other item of concern, the plaster reveals for our arch windows, has apparently been escalated to state or something to get assessed. Can’t believe it’s dragging out so much when it’s 95% finished. Lol.
I've just read your thread Bethany - your house looks fantastic. Very sophisticated! I hope you're in soon, the wait must be killing you! Can't wait to see what you do after handover.
Thanks bec! Yeah overall we are very happy with how it’s all come up. We’ve got lots of plans for after handover but it all adds up so it’ll be a bit at a time for landscaping and alfresco stuff. We’ve honestly had to become a bit passive about the wait, it’d be too stressful and disappointing if we were paying all our attention to it. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer...
I know exactly what you mean Bethany.

We also had our weeks ago. Everything is pretty much done except we still have that creaking upstairs cos of the steel beam. So now the plaster has to get pulled down and they have to check it all out. It could be awhile away. I sure hope not. If it wasn’t for the creaking we would be in there now. Cos splashback has been done now.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Bethany
Thanks bec! Yeah overall we are very happy with how it’s all come up. We’ve got lots of plans for after handover but it all adds up so it’ll be a bit at a time for landscaping and alfresco stuff. We’ve honestly had to become a bit passive about the wait, it’d be too stressful and disappointing if we were paying all our attention to it. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer...

It's really beautiful. I'm sure the wait is going to be more than worth it in the end! Are you still planning on using the Karndean? Looking forward to seeing how that turns out
Thanks so much. 😊 Yep the Karndean has been sitting in storage at our flooring place since probably September, had it all ordered in since the house was looking at being finished before Christmas last year. Lol. The Karndean planks look so nice, can’t wait for flooring to be in!
Wow! Hahaha! Yeah you've been prepared for quite some time now haven't you. It's going to look so amazing, I have a full board sample of it & thought it was really nice too. I've fallen in love with Cambridge though, it goes amazing with our wall colour tapestry beige. Just have to take the leap to buy it & have it installed. We currently have a spotted gum premium laminate in our house & I absolutely hate it. I mean it looks great, it looks exactly like hardwood & is often confused for it, but it's just terrible to maintain or clean with kids in the house.
Yeah we’ve been delayed for quite some time too though. 🙁 We installed a different range Karndean vinyl in our old house and I loved it, easy to clean, pretty hardy stuff and I love that you can replace a damaged plank quite easily unlike floating floors. I’ll definitely post up pics once our flooring is done!
Bethany
Yeah we’ve been delayed for quite some time too though. 🙁 We installed a different range Karndean vinyl in our old house and I loved it, easy to clean, pretty hardy stuff and I love that you can replace a damaged plank quite easily unlike floating floors. I’ll definitely post up pics once our flooring is done!

That has to be a massive bonus doesn't it. We have so many damaged planks on our floor & they are too hard to remove to replace. Best of luck with your wait, I'll keep a look out for the "we're in" post
Found out yesterday that M are going to be fixing our plaster reveals to have the arch shape finish. 😁 I’m so pleased about this as it means every issue we have brought up will be getting fixed so hopefully it will be a happy ending for our building journey! Still waiting on the tiler to come back and fix the splashback, hoping to hear from SS this week with some positive news about it.
Bethany where are you building this? Did they charge to seperate the garage from the home?

Looks fab,

Darren.
pietrzakd
Bethany where are you building this? Did they charge to seperate the garage from the home?

Looks fab,

Darren.

Building in Gippsland in regional Vic. Yeah it did cost to separate the garage, from memory it was about 2k including the provision for windows and new wall for the room where the garage gets taken from.
Bethany
Found out yesterday that M are going to be fixing our plaster reveals to have the arch shape finish.
I’m so pleased about this as it means every issue we have brought up will be getting fixed so hopefully it will be a happy ending for our building journey! Still waiting on the tiler to come back and fix the splashback, hoping to hear from SS this week with some positive news about it.

That’s great. Glad they are fixing it all for you. Better that way then after. You don’t wanna have tradies knocking on your door. Well at least I don’t. Did they give you a indication of pci?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Bethany
Found out yesterday that M are going to be fixing our plaster reveals to have the arch shape finish.
I’m so pleased about this as it means every issue we have brought up will be getting fixed so hopefully it will be a happy ending for our building journey! Still waiting on the tiler to come back and fix the splashback, hoping to hear from SS this week with some positive news about it.

That’s great. Glad they are fixing it all for you. Better that way then after. You don’t wanna have tradies knocking on your door. Well at least I don’t. Did they give you a indication of pci?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Handover actually happened yesterday morning! Yeah certain things we wanted sorted before accepting the house and moving in, still a few things we will be keeping our eye on but overall we’re pretty happy. I’ll post pics over the weekend, I didn’t even get a chance to take any yesterday as I had to run off to work. Flooring is booked for next week and should be moving in a couple of weeks! 👏
Congrats Beth, that’s awesome that you have handover already!
Can’t wait to see the pics.

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Bethany
Nearly 3 weeks since final walk through and nothing has been done! Apart from the concrete we organised ourselves of course... Apparently they ordered the wrong tiles in and the new ones to fix the splashback will be in next week. They’ve agreed to install the extra handrail for the staircase that was on the plans but not installed. These two things are planned for next week. Our other item of concern, the plaster reveals for our arch windows, has apparently been escalated to state or something to get assessed. Can’t believe it’s dragging out so much when it’s 95% finished. Lol.
Our 5% was dragged out for 2.5months.

Make sure they fix everything before you accept the house. They keep on telling you that they are contactable post handover. From our experience over the last 3 weeks it has but ignore us - no response.

Bethany
Doulton777
Bethany

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Handover actually happened yesterday morning! Yeah certain things we wanted sorted before accepting the house and moving in, still a few things we will be keeping our eye on but overall we’re pretty happy. I’ll post pics over the weekend, I didn’t even get a chance to take any yesterday as I had to run off to work. Flooring is booked for next week and should be moving in a couple of weeks!

Oh yay congrats

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Bethany
Our 5% was dragged out for 2.5months.

Make sure they fix everything before you accept the house. They keep on telling you that they are contactable post handover. From our experience over the last 3 weeks it has but ignore us - no response.

Yeah ours was dragged out about 6 weeks. After a month I sent an email saying that if we didn't have confirmation of works being completed by the end of the week we'd be submitting to Domestic Dispute Resolution... The next day we were told it was all going to be done and then finally trades were on site that week. I'm sure there will still be some things we will want done after our 3 months but hopefully all relatively minor.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum