Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Homes by CMA - Ascot 260

Page 8 of 15
maddielouxx
I have also had issues with CMA today!
They have screwed up my tiling and niches and then have out right l!ed about it and just told me 'it's not finished' - then don't send me invoices for my money then if it is not finished. I also have a whole week this week of them doing nothing on my house because they have over booked people on other sites.

I don't know about you guys, but I am a 25 (just turned 25 last month) single female building my first house and this is definitely the most stressed I have been. Must be so much better with a partner on days like today

Good luck guys!

Wow Maddie. I was wondering why it sounded like you were having smooth sailing when we weren't. Turns out you just hid it better.

They did my tiling before benches because of scheduling. Now we have tiles that don't sit even right under our island bench. We will be requesting this be fixed as it is very obvious. More than once they have issued invoices for incomplete jobs. It seems the office girl doesn't work every day so she does them on the days she is there. That's not my problem, quite frankly. They should issue them to their customers advantage not theirs. Scubabe has had issues with this too.

Scubabe is doing it by herself and I am being her sounding board when required. You are more than welcome into the cma fold. Just PM us. We are all on this journey together! Ps, I checked out your house when it was at frame stage ~ pretty sure it was yours. Few houses down from another CMA?

Our niches still haven't been finished or splash backs (that I'm aware of) because the cabinetry went in after. And the tilers were smoking in my house! We are meeting onsite with Sam and Chris (director) tomorrow at 3 so I will be bringing up everything then!

Building our forever home!
Thanks lovely!

Yes, that is my house. A few down from another CMA which started after mine but is now way ahead of mine.
It is sad really as it HAS actually been smooth sailing for me haha (minus my bank - the bank has been my issue), up until this week. They are ahead of schedule with my build and even moved my tiling and driveway forward. It's just the admin that I am having an issue with, my SS is amazing and has even tried to move painting forward but the painters are being difficult apparently. He has met with me twice and gone through everything with me and he replies straight away to my emails. I have a different SS to you two, that could be the issue? My house is very small and I changed barley anything from the plans so it might just be a little easier as well. But I think above all, I am just trying to not let it get to me too much as I am so grateful and proud of myself for even getting to this stage.

It is such a shame to hear about all of those issues, I cannot believe they did all of that before tiling, that makes no sense whatsoever. Please keep us updated - we will all have beautiful houses by the end of it all.
Ps. The tilers are also smoking in my house, which is in fact against the law. But I am not sure what to do about it? They leave their butts every where.
maddielouxx
Ps. The tilers are also smoking in my house, which is in fact against the law. But I am not sure what to do about it? They leave their butts every where.

We had ash in our cutlery draw! I will discuss this with the director tomorrow

Our electricians are on site today. I know this because he messaged me directly. The tradies (with the exception of the tilers) have been great during this build.

I'm excited about seeing all our fancy (expensive) gadgets fitted. Thanks husband for not killing me over spontaneous purchases

We still have not come to a resolution over the neighbouring retaining. We have given it until the end of next week for them to contact us to arrange something otherwise we pull the fencing off that side in the contract.

We have made every attempt this week to try get in contact- calling Metricon to pass along our details. Visiting stockland and not moving til they called and left a voicemail then emailed. Sent a request to council for adjoining neighbours details. I can't think of any other options as I don't think they visit their build site, especially not while we are there

No site super. A personal issue came up and he had to reschedule. But we met with the electrician and paid for our cash jobs and checked out their handy work.

Pendant lights

Internal paint colours

Alfresco fan

Still a fair bit to do and just under 2 months to do it in. The estate is booming though. Everything is coming together so nicely!

Looking amazing! I must drop off my lights next week.
What more do you have to be done? It is look great - I am assuming you are getting landscaping and fences through CMA?

Keep us updated!
Love those pendants
D They just pop and look so good with your kitchen.
maddielouxx
What more do you have to be done? It is look great - I am assuming you are getting landscaping and fences through CMA?

Keep us updated!

I'm not 100% sure what else needs to be done. Looks like some wire got delivered for the driveway today. So scheduled for the very near future. Electrician told us plumbing stuff next week then appliances the week after. But I'm taking his word for it so I could be talking rubbish.

Painting isn't finished but mostly done.
Tilers have to come back and finish niches and splashbacks.
Security screen and blinds.
Carpets
Shelving - wardrobes, laundry, pantry
Appliances
Sinks, taps, bath and toilets
Caulking
Driveway

CMA aren't doing our landscaping. Just fencing and retaining - ugh! I hate that word right now!

I've just spent an extra hour at work trying to research what rights we have in regards to retaining. QLD is ****! I wish they would just say straight out who is responsible instead of so much grey areas!

aloenyx
Love those pendants
D They just pop and look so good with your kitchen.

Thanks Dawn. These are just the standard builders range one. Husband was outside calling me to help him take photos of the boundary/retaining saga and I found myself distracted and staring at the kitchen. I am so happy with how it is all coming together. Super happy with our colour choices.

Gorgeous kitchen
charlibear
Gorgeous kitchen

Thanks Charli. I'm looking forward to being able to have more than one person in there at a time. The only problem we should have will be keeping the kids (2 cats) off the bench and out of the pantry. They have figured out how to open sliding doors. Crafty buggers!

Who does the retaining favour? Are you on the high side or the low side?

butters7388
Who does the retaining favour? Are you on the high side or the low side?

Hi Butters,

We are on the low side. They need to fill their block.

Here is a pic for your reference. Lol. This is their garage which is built on the boundary - this is also their temporary fencing on our dirt

1sttimer_stoneridge
maddielouxx

Keep us updated!

I'm not 100% sure what else needs to be done. Looks like some wire got delivered for the driveway today. So scheduled for the very near future. Electrician told us plumbing stuff next week then appliances the week after. But I'm taking his word for it so I could be talking rubbish.

Carpets
Appliances
Caulking
Driveway

CMA aren't doing our landscaping. Just fencing and retaining - ugh! I hate that word right now!

I've just spent an extra hour at work trying to research what rights we have in regards to refusing to pay for their retaining. QLD is ****! I wish they would just say straight out who is responsible instead of so much grey areas!

Sounds very pleasing! I think I am about the same - except my driveway is down already (very odd but maybe there was a space in booking or something). We will change the word retaining to 'he who shall not be named' haha.

CMA are actually fixing the broken retaining wall that was already there on one side, they said they will fix it just in case it was their tradies who broke it/damaged it (I actually think it was the neighbours builders who destroyed more than just a retaining wall).

I'm honestly thinking that it won't be long for you now at all. VERY exciting!
maddielouxx
1sttimer_stoneridge
maddielouxx

Keep us updated!

Carpets
Appliances
Caulking
Driveway

I've just spent an extra hour at work trying to research what rights we have in regards to refusing to pay for their retaining. QLD is ****! I wish they would just say straight out who is responsible instead of so much grey areas!

Sounds very pleasing! I think I am about the same - except my driveway is down already (very odd but maybe there was a space in booking or something). We will change the word retaining to 'he who shall not be named' haha.

CMA are actually fixing the broken retaining wall that was already there on one side, they said they will fix it just in case it was their tradies who broke it/damaged it (I actually think it was the neighbours builders who destroyed more than just a retaining wall).

I'm honestly thinking that it won't be long for you now at all. VERY exciting!

Apparently we are on schedule for PCI 26/7!!

We had a similar issue on our block. We were the lower block and cut our block slightly and it was our responsibility. Then the neighbours decided to fill their block so they proposed to us that we should go halves. In the end they paid for the lot as they filled their block substantially.

butters7388
We had a similar issue on our block. We were the lower block and cut our block slightly and it was our responsibility. Then the neighbours decided to fill their block so they proposed to us that we should go halves. In the end they paid for the lot as they filled their block substantially.

I hope our neighbours come to the party. We really can't afford to pay for their retaining when we are paying so much for the other side and have to pay to turf as well! We aren't rolling in it. Every cent we have is going into this expensive patch of dirt!

I wonder if today will bring us a driveway...

Ooh fingers crossed for you
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum