Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BL- Coral - Grange 26 - Week 21 - its like a lottery

Page 8 of 26
Selections - exciting!!!

NicMac03
How did all your selections go, did you work it all out?

It's still getting sorted
C have been really good though have left it in my hubby's hands for the time being

BrownDog77
NicMac03
How did all your selections go, did you work it all out?

It's still getting sorted
C have been really good though have left it in my hubby's hands for the time being

Well hopefully it all works out

Following along and loving your selections
Thank you
I hope it comes together. We are up at pt Mac today checking out the Grange display and for all those building the Grange unseen like us I'm happy to say it's even better in real life
it will post pics on way hm -there's lots

BrownDog77
Thank you
I hope it comes together. We are up at pt Mac today checking out the Grange display and for all those building the Grange unseen like us I'm happy to say it's even better in real life

Awesome can't wait to see! We've been wanting to get to the one on the Gold Coast but haven't had time.

It's a great display isn't it. I was amazed how much larger the home felt I think it's because the decking goes out so far making the living area feel huge

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out
Grange 26 -Port Macquarie Display (with IT hub option).

More Display pics

Milestone
It's a great display isn't it. I was amazed how much larger the home felt I think it's because the decking goes out so far making the living area feel huge

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out

Yes we loved it thank goodness
my hubby wants to deck & extend now after seeing it
not sure where we are getting the $ tree from though lol

Tracyt
BrownDog77
Thank you

Awesome can't wait to see! We've been wanting to get to the one on the Gold Coast but haven't had time.

I went to the Grange display at yarrabilba Tracyt...

BrownDog77
Hi Everyone

I have been stalking everyones threads for ages and figured I might as well start my own.
Thanks to everyone on here for sharing ideas, experiences and other really helpful information. We are first time builders/ home owners building at Billys Lookout, Teralba, Newie. Our land doesn't register until Jan 2016. We have signed with Coral building one of their new designs Grange 26 and although I've read good and bad things about most builds on here we are hoping as Im sure everyone is that its mostly a good experience.
My motto is "Expect the worst and then we can only be pleasantly suprised" Would love to know of any other Billy's Lookout builds on here as Stage 1 and 3 are up and running.

Thanks B
SaveSave

Timeline:

27 July 2016: Deposit paid on land
22 Oct 2016: Deposit / Preliminary Agreement signed Coral Homes
22 Feb 2017: Land registered
SaveSave
10 Mar 2017: Tile Appt/ Selections
11 Mar 2017: Contracts signed (with variations to come)
14 Mar 2017: We own some land!

31st Mar 2017: Colours Selection

Facade:

Roof: Bristle concrete Classic Profile: Gunmetal
Brick: PGH Foundations Stone
Mortar: off white / ironed
Gutters / Fascia: Basalt
Eaves: Surfmist
Main Render: Surfmist
Piers: Shale Grey
Portico Timber: Walnut
Garage Door: Seville profile Basalt
Front Door: XS26 1200mm walnut stain
Windows / Sliding doors: AGL surfmist
Alfresco Posts: walnut stain (upgrade)
Watertank: Dune
Down pipes / Electrical box / External Garage door: Natural Wool

Kitchen:

Benchtop: Caesarstone 20mm Fresh Concrete
Cabinetry: Laminex Ghostgum
Feature Shelf Island: Laminex sublime teak

Ensuite/Bathroom/Laundry

Benchtop: 40mm Caesarstone Osprey
Cabinets: Laminex Sublime Teak

Interior paint:

Walls: Dulux Highgate
Trims / Doors: Dulux white on white (aqua enamel)

Flooring:

Classic 1050 Laminate: Spotted Gum

Carpet: standard range grey with 10mm underlay
SaveSave

Yeah love your finishes choices! Also let me know how the fresh concrete goes. I was really keen on the sleek concrete as my benchtop but then worried how the non-glossy caesarstones would wear/mark and how easy they were to clean. They look stunning though!
klea
Tracyt
BrownDog77
Thank you

I went to the Grange display at yarrabilba Tracyt...

Thank you Klea!!! We are hoping to check it out on person in a couple of weeks. It looks stunning 😍

How are things going your end BrownDog?

Tracyt

C want to move house back due to driveway slope or charge us for more fill?! It's in hubby's hands so we are on hold at present
not sure why we are only being told this now though
will update all upgrades etc this wknd

BrownDog77
Tracyt

C want to move house back due to driveway slope or charge us for more fill?! It's in hubby's hands so we are on hold at present
not sure why we are only being told this now though
will update all upgrades etc this wknd

😠 This is what annoys me too. Most things that have road blocked us are other people's mistakes! First with Coral, then the bank.

I hope it is sorted out soon. I think it's to bad for them. They have all the information when they do tender and the contract. Nothing has changed so they should wear it.

We paid our balance of deposit on Wednesday, I was in a hurry to get it in so we could book our colour selection so I just paid what the invoice said. Only to realise an hour later that they didn't take off the $2750 we had already paid! Now I've had to request they send that amount back. Not holding my breath it will be back any time soon.

I can't wait to be out of the administration stage.

Hi BrownDog77

I'm also building a Coral home a noosa 26. I'm chose the standard carpet also what colour did you go for you said grey but there was no carpet named grey?
Corryn
Hi BrownDog77

I'm also building a Coral home a noosa 26. I'm chose the standard carpet also what colour did you go for you said grey but there was no carpet named grey?

Hi Corryn will have to check name on selections form as we just chose a greyish colour but there was no name on it just a number from memory.

We also are first time builders/home owners building at Billys Lookout! We are in stage 9 so wont have our land registered until the end of the year. We have chosen to go with Coral Grange 28. Look forward to seeing your house come together!
Hi BrownDog77,

Out of interest, did you check out any of the other displays at Port Macquarie? Thoughts on the overall display village?

Cheers
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum