Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Marina Q1 with Henley - South East Melbourne

Page 8 of 8
sarzaaa88
Here's a pic of the kitchen. Still unpacking the rest

As for your land, how long ago did you purchase it? Have they received all the permits they need?

Reason being, in the SE we have an estate called Brompton and they can't get permits from the council. I had originally bought land there 2 years ago and it kept being delayed but we weren't told why. 2 years on and still nothing!

Hi Saarz, I purchased last october. the estate is 70 percent build already and everything is sold out now. Just a patch they need to work on. Their excuse is that coz there are so many estates in the areas they are having hard time getting contractors to work.
cant decide
sarzaaa88
afterashok
[quote="sarzaaa88"][quote="afterashok"]Very dissapointed with the land release process i think theu will extend that to feb 2018 again. Original was june 2017. So comstruction start is no where near. I will have to pay builder monthly 900 delay for delays past november. Not sure if developer should compensate for it ?

That is very annoying! Have they done anything on the land yet, like cut out for roads?

Yes I will post pics soon, just so much too do unpacking and finishing things off

naah its just barren land the moment, with piles of dirt. no roads or anything yet..

Yup waiting for the pics.. Good to see everything finished up for you so quickly and you already in..

As for your land, how long ago did you purchase it? Have they received all the permits they need?

Reason being, in the SE we have an estate called Brompton and they can't get permits from the council. I had originally bought land there 2 years ago and it kept being delayed but we weren't told why. 2 years on and still nothing!

[/quote]

Congratulations
, your new home looks great! Looking forward to seeing more pics once you have had time to unpack.

[/quote]
Hi saarza
Kitchen looken superb .
That induction looks great .
Congratulations !

Whats the update saarz all moved more than a month now. So what are the things you noticed. Where are the update pics ?

Can you please update us with new pics and how everything is. Many thanks.
sumitsharma17
cant decide
Congratulations
, your new home looks great! Looking forward to seeing more pics once you have had time to unpack.

Hi saarza
Kitchen looken superb .
Congratulations !

sarzaaa88
Hi Afterashok,

I wish I had good news to report. Dealing with Henley have been an absolute nightmare since handover. After further cleaning and use of the house so many things have come to my attention. Luckily everything so far is cosmetic but the major one is my Cat 5 Porcelain tiles in all wet areas.

Long story short, over the past month I have had my Supervisor back, his Supervisor, the tilers and yesterday the regional manager of Henley. I will know today what their final decision is regarding my tiles. It's looking like we will end up at VCAT.

My only advise to anyone reading this is to make sure you demand a proper cleaner come through before handover and don't accept just a builders clean. Their trades really don't care about your house and what is done to it.

Hi Saarz,

So sorry to hear this, hopefully all your issues get resolved soon. Just out of curiosity What did you find ? scratches or marks on tiles. ?
sarzaaa88
sumitsharma17
cant decide
Congratulations

Hi saarza
Kitchen looken superb .
Congratulations !

sarzaaa88
sarzaaa88
sumitsharma17
[quote="cant decide"][quote="sarzaaa88"][quote="afterashok"][quote="sarzaaa88"][quote="afterashok"]Very dissapointed with the land release process i think theu will extend that to feb 2018 again. Original was june 2017. So comstruction start is no where near. I will have to pay builder monthly 900 delay for delays past november. Not sure if developer should compensate for it ?

That is very annoying! Have they done anything on the land yet, like cut out for roads?

Yes I will post pics soon, just so much too do unpacking and finishing things off

naah its just barren land the moment, with piles of dirt. no roads or anything yet..

Yup waiting for the pics.. Good to see everything finished up for you so quickly and you already in..

[/quote]

Congratulations

[/quote]
Hi saarza
Kitchen looken superb .
Congratulations !

[/quote]

Hi Afterashok,

I wish I had good news to report. Dealing with Henley have been an absolute nightmare since handover. After further cleaning and use of the house so many things have come to my attention. Luckily everything so far is cosmetic but the major one is my Cat 5 Porcelain tiles in all wet areas.

Long story short, over the past month I have had my Supervisor back, his Supervisor, the tilers and yesterday the regional manager of Henley. I will know today what their final decision is regarding my tiles. It's looking like we will end up at VCAT.

My only advise to anyone reading this is to make sure you demand a proper cleaner come through before handover and don't accept just a builders clean. Their trades really don't care about your house and what is done to it.

[/quote]

The grout was all different depths, chipped corners of some tiles, lipping on some tiles, efflorescence in the grout, abrasions to the surface of the tile and glue coming through the grout. Mix all of this with dirt and you have a nightmare.

I picked this up at handover and was told to scrub it and it will come clean because henley only do a builders clean. So I did what they suggested and no amount of scrubbing would remove the dirt.

Then I gave them the opportunity to fix the tiles so they removed the badly damaged ones and damaged my doors and other tiles in the process. They didn't use dropsheets or nothing and the tiler had the balls to tell me I'm being fussy. It escalated very quickly. Here are a few photos of the current state after henley have tried to fix it.

[/quote]

Wow it looks like they need to regrout. You must be so ** off
. My tiling starts today I was already worried but now I'm really stressing, I spent a fair bit upgrading tiles. Did you use a private inspector? There is no way I will be accepting handover until they fix everything, I don't care how long I have to wait. I really hope they resolve it without you having to take it to VCAT.

Yes the tiles all need to come up along with the grout. I just had an email from Mark Glenn the regional manager and Henley don't see an issue with the tiles and will only clean the grout. They constantly brush the issue aside because they don't want to pay yet they're quick to take our money.

The problem is you will never pick everything up before handover. You'll be doing something and you'll notice something else. My handover was what I thought perfect. Apart from windows that were scratched and waiting on a new roller door all paintwork was fine and nothing structural except for a broken roof truss which they fixed straight away.

It's hard when you say I want that fixed at the inspection but they don't agree because your "too close". Regardless of what any private inspectors say, these builders say and do what they like. There are so many clauses and tolerances, it's up to you how far you want to fight it and what your willing to accept.

So I've just lodged a complaint with the DBDRV and waiting to hear back from them. Henley are trying to say they are within tolerance because you can't view your tiles under artificial lights only natural sunlight. So basically walk around in the dark so you don't see how crap their quality is

Hi saarza
How did you go with henley ? Did they comeback to fix ?
Must be so annoying .

sumitsharma17
Hi saarza
Must be so annoying .

Hi Sumit,

Yes they have fixed everything now.

How's your build going?
sarzaaa88
sumitsharma17
Hi saarza
Must be so annoying .

Hi Sumit,

They've only come back to fix the quick and easy things that they think need to be fixed.

I've had to get Darbecca to do a report on my tiles and they've found even more things wrong with them along with a few other items. I've given Henley another 7 days to respond to this and if not it will have to be settled at the tribunal with all my evidence and findings. Darbeccas report said it all needs to be reworked but Henley will talk their way out of anything!

How's your build going?

Hi saarz
Thats really awful of henley!
We have been struggling to get to site . Still waiting since we signed our contract on 7th april.
Just got our ss allotted today. Hiw many months did they took for your build ?
I hope they get it done quick and nice .
Are you following henley/plantation/edgewater page on facebook ? It is quite usefull !

I hope henley admit their mistake and fix all your issues .

sarzaaa88
Yes the tiles all need to come up along with the grout. I just had an email from Mark Glenn the regional manager and Henley don't see an issue with the tiles and will only clean the grout. They constantly brush the issue aside because they don't want to pay yet they're quick to take our money.

The problem is you will never pick everything up before handover. You'll be doing something and you'll notice something else. My handover was what I thought perfect. Apart from windows that were scratched and waiting on a new roller door all paintwork was fine and nothing structural except for a broken roof truss which they fixed straight away.

It's hard when you say I want that fixed at the inspection but they don't agree because your "too close". Regardless of what any private inspectors say, these builders say and do what they like. There are so many clauses and tolerances, it's up to you how far you want to fight it and what your willing to accept.

So I've just lodged a complaint with the DBDRV and waiting to hear back from them. Henley are trying to say they are within tolerance because you can't view your tiles under artificial lights only natural sunlight. So basically walk around in the dark so you don't see how crap their quality is

Hi Sarah,

We just submitted our DBDRV application this morning after meeting with Mark Glenn from Henley. Our build is past completion date and has major issues with brickwork. They are using delay tactics with us and hoping that we will give in. Would you know how long DBDRV take to get back?

Hoping they fix the tiles soon.
Hi Everyone

I am building Marina q1 probably the last one as it’s discountinued now and the job is about to hit site now and I would like to appoint a building inspector hence wanted to understand if anyone has previously appointed one and was it beneficial? Also if anyone can recommend a good inspector that would be highly appreciated.
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum