Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Colour questions?

Page 8 of 20
Having trouble picking gutter, fascia and garage door colour.
Caramel
Hi Michelle

We are having a hard time deciding on some of our colours for our single storey house.

Bricks - PGH Blackett sand stock off white raked.
Roof - Bristile Classic Nickel colour
Windows - Dowell White gloss
Gutter - ??? Maybe monument
Fascia - ??? Maybe surfmist
Front door - Stained
Garage doors - ??? Not sure maybe wood look or surfmist

Our house is quite wide approx 21m which includes a 3 car garage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bricks - PGH Blackett sand stock off white raked.
Roof - Bristile Classic Nickel colour
Windows - Dowell White gloss
Gutter - monument
Fascia - Monument
Front door - Stained
Garage doors -Timber look.

If you haven't purchased your windows yet I would think about a grey or charcoal .

Add lots of colour with your garden landscaping

Hope this helps, enjoy your new home.
Thank you so much for your help.
My pleasure, if you have any questions along the way let me know
Just an example of the work I do.....
Featured on Scyons website.

https://www.scyon.com.au/products/

that's beautiful Michelle! I am in love with blues recently, and was wondering if you could help.

I am thinking of a blue and grey kitchen - probably Dulux Snoop or Pit Stop for the island bench with a marble top, and Milton Moon on the cabinets everywhere else. Just wondering if you think these two would be a good combination? I've been told by some that Milton Moon 'throws blue', and I don't want the home looking too blue or cool. The other issue I have now are with the walls - we have to go with Taubmans and not Dulux, and I'm struggling to think of a nice white (not too cool or creamy perhaps slightly grey) that would go well with the colours, and still make Milton Moon pop as the kitchen has full length pantry cabinets in that colour. The trims and ceiling are in Taubmans Elusive White if that helps.
Good morning...Buildingourfirstnest..... lots to consider.
I'll pop in tonight and sort through it all for you.
thanks lovely! Even though the thread is relatively 'old', I've gleaned lots of help with my external colours from your past comments, and am glad you're back to help
Hi Michelle,

Asking for exterior render colour help, please!

We've got a two-storey build with a flat rendered facade; Evening Haze Colorbond roof, white (uPVC) window frames, and (probably) Colorbond Mangrove for gutters, fascia and pergola. We're generally referencing Australian bush colours so the house blends in a little with its surrounds (it's a rebuild in an established early 1970s suburb, and backs directly onto a linear reserve with lots of tall eucalypts).

The house will be entirely rendered cladding (no bricks) - we're after a lighter colour for the render, but not so light that it shows dirt easily and/or blinds the neighbourhood when the full northern sun is on it!

We've settled on "Antique White USA" for the interior wall colour and would ideally (but not essentially) like to carry a reference through to the outside render. We've tried it in double-strength but still think it looks a little light - do you have any suggestions that could help us?
Hi algonon, will try and get to you after I help previous post.

Buildingourfirstnest
that's beautiful Michelle! I am in love with blues recently, and was wondering if you could help.

First....its not really blue its a Grey/Blue. More grey, but looks blue in photos.

I am thinking of a blue and grey kitchen - probably Dulux Snoop or Pit Stop for the island bench with a marble top, and Milton Moon on the cabinets everywhere else. Just wondering if you think these two would be a good combination? I've been told by some that Milton Moon 'throws blue', I have Milton Moon here in my office, its a beautiful grey. Just make sure whoever sprays your cupboards with the 2 pack they use DULUX and you will get the true colour!
and I don't want the home looking too blue or cool. The other issue I have now are with the walls - we have to go with Taubmans and not Dulux, and I'm struggling to think of a nice white (not too cool or creamy perhaps slightly grey) that would go well with the colours, and still make Milton Moon pop as the kitchen has full length pantry cabinets in that colour. The trims and ceiling are in Taubmans Elusive White if that helps.

Below are your colours - and this is why I don't use Taubmans.... I can't get a true colour from them off the net. Fortunately I have the fandeck here in my office, the colour I have chosen for you is NOTHING like what I was able to find on the net. I suggest you get a sample pot of Alpine Snow... its a neutral off white. NOT BUTTER!!! as shown on the net and in my mood board. With the Dulux colours....SO pleased you chose Dulux Pitt Stop as one of your colours, its one of my all time OLD favourites from 15 years ago!!
Get a sample pot of both Pit Stop and Alpine Snow... paint them up on a board, 2 coats of both colours.
Let me know how you go.

Just so you all know for those that don't..... all paint companies can mix each others paints from their own base colour.
So if I recommend a Dulux colour and you need Taubmans it can be done. Just ask for the most professional mixer to do this for you in the store!!

Michelle
Buildingourfirstnest

First....its not really blue its a Grey/Blue. More grey, but looks blue in photos.

I am thinking of a blue and grey kitchen - probably Dulux Snoop or Pit Stop for the island bench with a marble top, and Milton Moon on the cabinets everywhere else. Just wondering if you think these two would be a good combination? I've been told by some that Milton Moon 'throws blue', I have Milton Moon here in my office, its a beautiful grey. Just make sure whoever sprays your cupboards with the 2 pack they use DULUX and you will get the true colour!
and I don't want the home looking too blue or cool. The other issue I have now are with the walls - we have to go with Taubmans and not Dulux, and I'm struggling to think of a nice white (not too cool or creamy perhaps slightly grey) that would go well with the colours, and still make Milton Moon pop as the kitchen has full length pantry cabinets in that colour. The trims and ceiling are in Taubmans Elusive White if that helps.

Below are your colours - and this is why I don't use Taubmans.... I can't get a true colour from them off the net. Fortunately I have the fandeck here in my office, the colour I have chosen for you is NOTHING like what I was able to find on the net. I suggest you get a sample pot of Alpine Snow... its a neutral off white. NOT BUTTER!!! as shown on the net and in my mood board. With the Dulux colours....SO pleased you chose Dulux Pitt Stop as one of your colours, its one of my all time OLD favourites from 15 years ago!!
Get a sample pot of both Pit Stop and Alpine Snow... paint them up on a board, 2 coats of both colours.
Let me know how you go.

SNAP. I'm going with Caesarstone Turbine Grey (although like your swatch, marble was my first choice but too expensive/upkeep too difficult!!)

I'm probably going with Snoop over Pit stop - I got a sample of the colours and think Pit stop would be a little too dark with the stone and in general. I do love the colour though!

I actually got Miss Universe 200% which I was told was Lexicon half strength although it does seem a little brighter in my opinion. Would that be too "cool" o? The other colour I was looking at was cotton sheets (based on the fandeck), but again, I was concerned with the colour looking muddy next to Milton Moon. I'll pop to Bunnings to try Alpine Snow too!!

Leading on to another question, we actually chose Swedish Blue from Taubmans as a feature wall colour in the living area directly opposite the kitchen, but I will have to change it as Swedish Blue does not go with Snoop at all. This is probably personal choice, but would I be better off with no feature wall colour, and using pops of blue in my cushions (style of house is transitional/casual hamptons as cabinetry is shaker style), or would a blue feature wall be alright? If so, should I get Snoop (but in Taubmans base) on the feature wall to complement the island?

Thanks very much for your help Michelle! Before starting on this journey, I never knew how many shades of white (and blue and grey) there were! I have a newfound and profound appreciation for colour consultants now!
Good morning.... this is a post for colour. If you would like to post your question in the garden or landscaping forum and tag me I'll pop in and give you an answer over the weekend,

Thanks...
algernon
Hi Michelle,

We've got a two-storey build with a flat rendered facade; Evening Haze Colorbond roof, white (uPVC) window frames, and (probably) Colorbond Mangrove for gutters, fascia and pergola. We're generally referencing Australian bush colours so the house blends in a little with its surrounds (it's a rebuild in an established early 1970s suburb, and backs directly onto a linear reserve with lots of tall eucalypts).

The house will be entirely rendered cladding (no bricks) - we're after a lighter colour for the render, but not so light that it shows dirt easily and/or blinds the neighbourhood when the full northern sun is on it!

We've settled on "Antique White USA" for the interior wall colour and would ideally (but not essentially) like to carry a reference through to the outside render. We've tried it in double-strength but still think it looks a little light - do you have any suggestions that could help us?

Good morning.... sorry for my late reply. Do you still need help?
Michelle
algernon
Hi Michelle,

Good morning.... sorry for my late reply. Do you still need help?

Yes, please! We're currently leaning towards Paperbark (from the Colorbond range), in part because a neighbour has painted their house in that colour, but still are undecided and are starting to run out of time to decide.
Can you post a photo of your elevation please??
A little bit late, sorry been a bit caught up.
This months specials, get in quick, although I do get busy I will honour all consults if they run over to November!

michelle@denovoconcepts.com

Michelle
Can you post a photo of your elevation please??

Related
13/09/2023
decoration and colour questions

Interior Decorating Lounge

Thanks for that! Yeah, I was thinking timber front door.

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum