Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building in Capestone, Mango Hill ?

Page 8 of 12
butters7388
Did anyone buy unregistered land? Did the developer meet their timeframe for registration? Was it registered early before any building works could actually take place?

We have a contract on land in the next release. I had a look last weekend and it looks like a November completion is highly unlikely.

Our land was unregistered and was registered in the timeframe quoted by developer.
jaedencook
Yay! Thats fantastic Deucecoupe- we cannot wait to see actual physical progress! Congrats! When is your expected completion?

Yes we are very excited. The builder quoted 16wks from beginning of construction, so I'm hoping it will be ready early December.
deucecoupe
jaedencook
Yay! Thats fantastic Deucecoupe- we cannot wait to see actual physical progress! Congrats! When is your expected completion?

Yes we are very excited. The builder quoted 16wks from beginning of construction, so I'm hoping it will be ready early December.

16wks.... wow.... 40 weeks been quoted ..still waiting to be started
So we are essentially deciding between two houses with different builders. We have quotes from both, and I have tried to compare like with like where possible. We are planning on including a pool.

All the costs/inclusions are very similar all except for 1 area. Concrete piering and some site works.

Builder 1 (Plantation) has provisioned for some piering on the slab near where the pool will go. Otherwise has said piering for the rest of the slab not required, his reasoning was the soil would be compacted. Builder 2 (GJ) has provisioned for similar piering for the pool area and has said piering is required for the rest slab. This builder has also added costs for temporary fencing, tight sight, and are charging for us putting a pool in (presumably for access to power and what not?). Builder 1 has said these costs are already factored in with them.

All up the difference is around $20K and could be a deciding factor.

For those of you far enough along, was concrete piering for the slab required? Just wondering if Builder 1 will spring the piering requirement further down the track.
Bug82- just saw this post which explains why you may require piers. All I can say is that we have found the costs with Plantation have remained pretty consistent from preliminary quotation to tender to contract. Some costs changed slightly but some went up and some went down so it ended up pretty in line with our original expectations.

We tried to avoid 'provisional costs' as much as possible- are you able to access your block for site surveys and soil tests? If you can then they will be able to give you more accurate costings and really do not have any excuse to change costs after these tests are completed.

Goodluck with your decision!!!
caitnkase
0434673975 business name is Chris brown constructions

Thanks for sharing this info.

I tried in vain to obtain quotes for concreting from a few people, but they didnt bother getting back with a quote despite me sending the siting plan as they had asked for. Maybe it could be that they didnt want to waste their time considering my build has not yet started. Anyway, it's their loss. I shall give Chris a call once my build has commenced.

I got a fencing quote from Northside Fencing, who came down to the site by appointment, measured and got back to me with a quote on the same day. Good on them!
Try calling Manny from MPA concrete (http://www.mpaconcretesolutions.com). I have seen his work, he has done lot of work around in Mango Hill

Hi all, just got our contract YAY. Builder has stuffed up and made our master massive but means we would need a rear boundary relaxation (corner block). Has anyone tried to do it? We don't think they will even let us but before we get the builder to reduce our master, we thought we would ask
caitnkase
Hi all, just got our contract YAY. Builder has stuffed up and made our master massive but means we would need a rear boundary relaxation (corner block). Has anyone tried to do it? We don't think they will even let us but before we get the builder to reduce our master, we thought we would ask

I wouldn't sign anything until they get it right. A relaxation will require approval and likely additional expense.

We had a boundary relaxation needed on one design we liked and it was quoted at $1600 or so.

bug82
caitnkase

I wouldn't sign anything until they get it right. A relaxation will require approval and likely additional expense.

We had a boundary relaxation needed on one design we liked and it was quoted at $1600 or so.

Yes I think you're right, whilst it would be nice to have a massive master... I don't want the trouble of worrying about it being approved and the costs that come with it!
I am building on a corner block and my previous builder did some what similar and put garage on zero boundary to next door neighbour. The plan was never approved and ended up cancelling the whole contract as they were offering to cut and reduce the size of house to match requirements. If you have given Building guidelines to your builder, they should be able to read and follow setback plans.

My house is being handed over this week. I'm frantically trying to organize a landscaper, tiler and a fencer. And so far, I have not had many responses to any of the jobs. The ones who responded are apparently booked out until next year!! Who knew that finding tradies will be so hard!
lazybones1987
My house is being handed over this week. I'm frantically trying to organize a landscaper, tiler and a fencer. And so far, I have not had many responses to any of the jobs. The ones who responded are apparently booked out until next year!! Who knew that finding tradies will be so hard!

For fencing, try these guys : Northside Fencing. They were very professional when i contacted them to get a quote for my fencing.

If you do find a landscaper, share the info. I would need to contact one to get a Quote to include as part of my loan application.
qldben
lazybones1987

For fencing, try these guys : Northside Fencing. They were very professional when i contacted them to get a quote for my fencing.

If you do find a landscaper, share the info. I would need to contact one to get a Quote to include as part of my loan application.

I have already contacted Northside Fencing, however they consider the job to be "too small" and wouldn't take it on. I only require the side gates to be installed as the remaining 3 sides of the house are already covered by the neighbours' respective builders.

As far as landscaping goes, I spoke to a few that I found online and they just seem to be booked out!. Hopefully I will find someone reliable.
lazybones1987
qldben
lazybones1987

I have already contacted Northside Fencing, however they consider the job to be "too small" and wouldn't take it on. I only require the side gates to be installed as the remaining 3 sides of the house are already covered by the neighbours' respective builders.

As far as landscaping goes, I spoke to a few that I found online and they just seem to be booked out!. Hopefully I will find someone reliable.

Have you tried Chris brown?
lazybones1987

That's sad. No job should be considered too small.

caitnkase : Is Chris a landscaper? If yes, i would also probably reach out to him.

In other news... we got our soil test reports, and we got H2. Anyway, our site costs were fixed with Metricon, so that didnt end up with increasing costs. What soil types did others get in Capestone?
qldben
lazybones1987

That's sad. No job should be considered too small.

caitnkase : Is Chris a landscaper? If yes, i would also probably reach out to him.

In other news... we got our soil test reports, and we got H2. Anyway, our site costs were fixed with Metricon, so that didnt end up with increasing costs. What soil types did others get in Capestone?

Caithi
@Caitlin.S
CaitPes81
@Caito29
@caitlynroycee
@Caitlyn_Seth
@Caitleen23
caitnkase

Yea he is. He is doing my fencing, landscaping and concreting. Seems like a good guy and reasonably priced, he is also building in capestone and seen some good feedback about him on the capestone Fb page. I posted his number a couple of pages back but if you can't find it I'll re post it.
Yea he is. He is doing my fencing, landscaping and concreting. Seems like a good guy and reasonably priced, he is also building in capestone and seen some good feedback about him on the capestone Fb page. I posted his number a couple of pages back but if you can't find it I'll re post it.
caitnkase

Thanks for that. I shall look for his contact details.

Damn, i dont know what happened with my last post.. i got a SQL syntax error when posting, and thought i lost the typed content. So, i typed it all again, and posted, just to see my post actually went through, with some gibberish thrown in. LOL!
qldben
caitnkase

Thanks for that. I shall look for his contact details.

Damn, i dont know what happened with my last post.. i got a SQL syntax error when posting, and thought i lost the typed content. So, i typed it all again, and posted, just to see my post actually went through, with some gibberish thrown in. LOL!

Haha me to I tried to reply and got that error so 'discarded' and typed in the main section instead of a reply and now it's on there twice. Oops!
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum