Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in the Southern Highlands

Page 8 of 8
Wow it's been awhile since I posted.
Cornice was complete except they missed one built in and the kitchen bulkhead. These were completed this week.
Kitchen went in as well before xmas.
Bathrooms were water proofed also. We were suppose to be tiles before xmas, tiler was booked but picked up that the tile company order in the wrong bathroom floor tiles.
Then to find out that they are on back order and wouldn't arrive in site until mid Jan.
This was disappointing but was happy to wait. Now we have passed mid Jan and still no tiles.

But did get a nice surprise this week having the painters show up. They have begun filling and prepping.
Anyways just happy to have something happening.
our split
Water tank and garage door were also installed before xmas

It's coming together beautifully!
Hey...We are also building in the southern highlands! That's if our block ever registers ? it's driving us crazy not being able to progress and our tender is almost up!
deejay08
Hey...We are also building in the southern highlands! That's if our block ever registers
it's driving us crazy not being able to progress and our tender is almost up!

Oh no. The waiting sucks soo much. Where about are you building and who with?

caff
It's coming together beautifully!

Thanks caff. I will have to jump over to your thread and have a look at yours too

KezHam
deejay08
Hey...We are also building in the southern highlands! That's if our block ever registers

KezHam
deejay08

It certainly does! We are building in the Balaclava St subdivision at Braemar. It's kind of in between Nattai Ponds and Renwick. Looking forward to becoming highlanders! We've lived in the Wollondilly for about ten years so quite familiar with Mittagong and Bowral as we shop and dine up there regularly. We love our design as we've made a lot changes to tailor it to suit us perfectly. I loved the Bridgwater design you've chosen but when we walked into our display it instantly felt like 'us' if that makes sense...we wanted a split level but our block is reasonably flat so it would of been $ spent for no real reason...but oh how I love split level homes! It gives another dimension and feel to a house.

YES! We have foot paths! Getting closer hopefully

Yay for footpaths!! I've never knew there was another subdivision out that way.
Never heard of Ansa Homes but sounds like the right builder for you guys.
I love the split in our house esp the ceiling above.
So painters finished painting our house. It wasn't until I drove passed to see a white front door
that I realise that something as gone wrong.
They painted our house the colours of the other gj house getting built about 5 doors down

We had a walk through after talking with SS and having a big think over the w/e that we are going to keep the inside colour but they def have to change the outside. It looks gross.

Half the electrical fit out has been completed but because we still have no bathroom floors tiles it can't be finished until wet area tiling is done.

We also had our kitchen bench tops installed

And these are the pendants we have decided on and the electricians will install when the return

Omg! Bet you're not too happy about that stuff up....kitchen looks fab! I loooove your pendants! Are they from freedom?

Deejay. How are you going? Have you received keys yet??

It's been a while since I've updated but we finally received our keys last Tuesday. Whooo hooo
spent a couple days moving all stuff from the in laws and the storage shed and then left for a short holiday to see family up north.
Can't wait to get back and start unpacking and organising the house.

That's fantastic!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Kez - have you got any pics to share?
How are you finding your house, floorplan etc now you've been in for a while
Related
27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum