Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone bought in Emerald Hills Leppington NSW?

Page 8 of 14
Ange_
Just dropping in to say Hello and get to know my neighbours.
Looking forward to the registration

Lot number 1191 with Eden Brae Homes

Hey Ange,

Ye 4-6 weeks - wicked excited! I thought you were next to me but you're not but pretty cool all the same
Rumour has it there will be an aldi and maybe a Coles/woolies too

How are you going with your colour selections? Did you guys finalise everything? I started this week.
Figs01
Rumour has it there will be an aldi and maybe a Coles/woolies too

Unlikely there would be a Coles, as there is Coles being built in the adjacent estate Willowdale.

I'm guessing Woolies atm, as there is Aldi's in Village Square.
Here are some photos taken on the 12/02/2017.

Stage 1b: http://imgur.com/wpGT7ek

From the lookout: http://imgur.com/XI0um7i
Hi All
We're due to register end of March
As I'm guessing some of you have bought a house and land package (split contract) I was just wondering if any of knew at what point you're supposed to pay the stamp duty on the land? Our lawyer told us it would happen when the land registered, but they just rang to say they've been given conflicting information (that it should have been paid within 3 months of contract exchange). They say they're confident the advice they gave was correct wondering if anybody here had any experience?
Cheers!
nikel66
Hi All
We're due to register end of March
As I'm guessing some of you have bought a house and land package (split contract) I was just wondering if any of knew at what point you're supposed to pay the stamp duty on the land? Our lawyer told us it would happen when the land registered, but they just rang to say they've been given conflicting information (that it should have been paid within 3 months of contract exchange). They say they're confident the advice they gave was correct wondering if anybody here had any experience?
Cheers!

We have purchased house & land package in stage 1 and are expecting the land to register in Late March with settlement in April and according to gov site and our solicitor the Stamp duty is payable 3 months after settlement on the land so thinking it will be due July. Hope that helps
Thanks for this, your answer was reassuring as this is what we've always thought - that it wasn't paid until after it registered and the contract settled. The OSR seems to be muddying the waters with conflicting information. Our lawyer is currently trying to sort it out.
Hi All,

Pat Kontista Reserve in Leppington is getting a playground upgrade which 5 to 10 mins drive from emerald hills. You may interested in this park and you can share your thoughts or expectation with Council.

http://www.camden.nsw.gov.au/community/participation/your-parks-your-voice/
http://www.camden.nsw.gov.au/assets/pdf/Community/FacilitiesAndServices/Exhibition-Poster-Pat-Kontista-Reserve.pdf
Does anyone know if the sports fields will just be a grassed area or will it include other things such as basketball courts and so on?
Land registered !!!
wall-e
Land registered !!!

Congrats wall-e

What stage were you btw. I know you were lot 1150. I'm assuming 1c?
1b was registered today and 1c will apparently be registered in 2 weeks time

Evil R

1193 registered with settlement due on 14th march
it just got real!!!
Evil R

Hmmm we're stage 1B too but bordering stage 1A and we haven't heard word from our builders and our solicitor hasn't heard anything either yet
Figs01
Evil R

Quote:
Hmmm we're stage 1B too but bordering stage 1A and we haven't heard word from our builders and our solicitor hasn't heard anything either yet

You should really contact your solicitor and probably organize your finances. Settlement is a week away for us.
Our lot was registered last week on the 28th with a settlement date of 14th March - however our lawyer did not receive any notice from Masterton or the developer - so now our new settlement date is the 21st of March.
Just heard from our mortgage broker (who is trying to arrange for a valuer to get onsite) that due to the wet weather 1C won't be registering now til early April.
RT1
Does anyone know if the sports fields will just be a grassed area or will it include other things such as basketball courts and so on?

It says sports fields and cricket nets. Anyway I posted questions here .

Figs01
Figs01
Our lot was registered last week on the 28th with a settlement date of 14th March - however our lawyer did not receive any notice from Masterton or the developer - so now our new settlement date is the 21st of March.

Congrats Figs01.

-
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum