Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 8 of 33
Hi all,

I have not bought land yet but have been considering Mulgoa Rise. Can anyone please tell me why you chose the estate over others such as Jordan Springs and Caddens? My husband and I do not want to go out Jordan Springs way and would prefer to stay close to the M4. We were originally considering Caddens as my husband was adamant that he did not want to live in 'Glenmore Park' but due to the competition to acquire a decent size block of land (we want at least a 600-700 square metre block) I thought we should consider other areas.

I know there are a couple of blocks available at the moment in 3C - does anyone know when the next release might be?

Your views and suggestions would be appreciated!
I think the most objection to glenmore park is the glenmore park rat race (glenmore parkway) but since we have bradley street as our main road its pretty good. They are digging out another stage now so it will be some time before that is available. it will be a couple of years before this area is fully finished with the shopping centre due to the accc & woolworths rejection. The only other estate close by is oran park which is 20 mins from penrith. I crossed off jordan springs due to the munitions buried there.
GoodLife
rosewood
The hoods that are around mulgoa rise have just moved from glenmore ridge to the new streets. We had Graffiti everywhere & they had been kicking over all the retaining walls. they will go away once a few houses start building. I chased some kids off around my house last xmas which only resulted in a brick through my windows.

If only we had a few machine guns and ski masks...

so does the council end up cleaning the graffiti?

yes the council hires a contractor but they are slow doing it & only after they get several phone calls. The padmount substations are cleaned up by endeavour energy. I rang them before & they came out & resprayed the one next door to my block but they don't do it when its just vacant land.
We were also considering Caddens but the steep hills turned us off along with need to camp out on release day for the best blocks.

We have lived in Glenmore Park for 13 years and live the area. Our kids are in good schools and we are happy we are not moving out if the area - although we were surprised that we are still Glenmore Park and not Mulgoa Rise or Mulgoa.

Not sure when the next release will be. My advice is to call/visit Jeff in the sales office. He was very helpful in the process of purchasing a block.
Thanks for that rosewood and twhjc2014, I contacted the sales office at Mulgoa Rise and they said that the next release was expected late January to early February. Caddens have said anytime time from late January to March (although that was said over a month ago so I might check to see what the latest is).

We want to stay in the Penrith as it is were our friends, family and my work is. Have many of you had problems with valuations with the bank? On the forum people have had some problems in Caddens as they look at the value of the Kingswood area.
We are in the latest release 3c and our land valuation came in almost $30k short mainly because the valuer was comparing the block to ones in the previous releases (stage 2). Prices of blocks have increased steadily in every release so the difference should be made up when further land is released/settled.
Still it was a shock at the time!
Thanks twhjc2014, I was just looking at previous posts and noticed that you have gone with Wisdom. We are thinking of going with them too, we love the Ambassador design, which design have you gone with? We would also like a pool so I will be following your build with interest!
Hi VandM we love Wisdom Homes and decided to go with them despite having to pay a little more. The Ambassador is a lovely design and we were actually talking to the sales man at The Ponds about that design and making a few changes when he informed us of a new design The Newport. It is exactly what we are after so that is the design we chose. It is not on the website but get them to show it to you.
We are in the process of getting pool quotes now - exciting times!
VandM
Hi all,

I have not bought land yet but have been considering Mulgoa Rise. Can anyone please tell me why you chose the estate over others such as Jordan Springs and Caddens? My husband and I do not want to go out Jordan Springs way and would prefer to stay close to the M4. We were originally considering Caddens as my husband was adamant that he did not want to live in 'Glenmore Park' but due to the competition to acquire a decent size block of land (we want at least a 600-700 square metre block) I thought we should consider other areas.

I know there are a couple of blocks available at the moment in 3C - does anyone know when the next release might be?

Your views and suggestions would be appreciated!

My partner and I checked out all the new estates around Penrith before buying in Mulgoa Rise. Mulgoa Rise has by far the best location right next to the M4. It also 'feels' a whole lot nicer than Caddens and Jordan Springs. In my opinion Caddens felt too hilly and cramped and Jordan Springs felt a bit cheaper. Its also right across the Northern Rd from Cranebrook (Housing commission) and I know for a fact that many of the hoodlums from Cranebrook are making their way over to Jordan Springs causing trouble (friend is a resident and Police officer). I also feel that Jordan Springs is in a terrible location on the worst side of Penrith... imagine travelling to the M4 or GWH from there every day.

The positive for those two estates is obviously that they are cheaper.

Mulgoa Rise is very different to the rest of Glenmore Pk. The streets are wider and best of all straight. Not widing tight roads like the original Glenmore Pk. The Bradley street entry road also mitigates the 'one road in one road out' issue that the rest of Glenmore Pk suffers from.

And of course the main reason > it just felt like home. Have to follow your gut sometimes.
Thanks GoodLife, I actually went for a drive into Mulgoa Rise today and I really like the feel of it. I then drove into Caddens and I also felt that it was cramped and hilly. When we initially enquired into Caddens they said that the blocks are cheaper to allow for the extra site costs for filling etc. Although there are hills in Mulgoa Rise, a lot of it is quite flat in comparison. We might go and talk to the sales guy about the next release this weekend.

I totally agree about Jordan Springs - we definitely want to stay closer to the M4 as my husband drives to work. It does feel very pokey in there...my parents live in there and they have virtually no backyard (which is how they like it). At least the guidelines for Mulgoa Rise stipulate that you have to have a decent amount of room in your backyard! The positive though is the new centre that has just opened. The Woolies is huge! Would love to have something like that in walking distance.

twhjc2014, I might have a look at the Newport too....we were initially considering the Monte Carlo as it has the 5 beds we wanted but when we saw the Ambassador we just loved the design (I like how the laundry is right next to the kitchen as you walk through the butler's pantry). The other builder we may look into is Rawson as we have also liked some of their designs.
well bradley street may be one road & in out but the traffic lights should be installed some time this year & at least its a fairly straight road. woolworths should have been finished by now at the ridge but after the ACCC decision I don't know how long before we will see anything built close by. Most of the blocks at the ridge are small but everyone hasn't reduced the size of home so not much backyard. Although the developers told me the days of big back yards are gone as people still want their large living areas but don't want the backyards & prefer that community areas be built close by.
I much prefer Mulgoa Rise to the other two estates referred to. We were actually looking out at Luddenham or Silverdale at first. Silverdale would have added too much time to work travel times in the morning, and Luddenham is not connected to the sewer so I didn't fancy pumping out a pit every couple of weeks (otherwise I definitely would have purchased that block). The only estate that came close was Mulgoa Rise. I'm a school teacher so have some good ideas about the local schools and actually did some work at the current primary school for MR a few years back. It is an excellent school, with well behaved students and dedicated staff. Local schools played a massive role in our decision of where to buy. I also like that the blocks are large and that the guidelines exist to make the estate more attractive. Just my thoughts
Has anyone decided upon the pool builder. Narellan pools and nepean pools would be giving us their quote by next week. Blue heaven pools have given their approximate quote. We are not yet sure whether we should go for fiberglass or concrete. Can anyone suggest something?
@dream_home93 - silverdale is nice but for the properties valuations are down at silverdale & are very slow to increase. Recently listed as one of the suburbs that is not increasing in line with other suburbs.
In regard to increasing value, has anyone sought advice on the possible value of properties in Mulgoa Rise in the future? My husband seems to think that if we build a large house, we will not get a very good increase in the value of it in the future should we want to sell. He is so damn annoying, every suggestion I have for a suburb he shoots down. He has a very ingrained attitude of "there is no way I am living in Glenmore Park" - he wants to do a knockdown rebuild in a suburb like Leonay, the problem is that properties like that are a dime a dozen and I don't want to be waiting another 5 years for something to come up!!
I have built at Mugloa Rise as well, as a owner builder. Our house is behind the sales car park as you drive in. As a owner builder I can put you on to good trades people that I would recommed and have used on my house if needed.
We move in on the 21st Dec started at the end of April. It was hard work as a OB but my wife and I are happy overall as we choose the finishes that we wanted, and made a lot of changes to the design on the fly.I will upload photos of the finish inside.

We also check out the other estates but found Muloga Rise design and location suited to our needs with small kids.
Waterside/Jordan Springs to far from the M4. We time this back 2 years ago and average 15mins to reach the freeway. Never have been a fan of Caddens Rd, the road really needs to be fixed, to hilly and just seems cramp driving past.
the roundabout at Glenmore Park on Northern Rd will be changing to lights,a new roundabout at Bradley St and new on-ramp to the M4 from Kent St. (No set dates, but it is on the drawing baords to happen).
Hi PaulZ. Your home looks great. Would love to see some photos of the inside. We have bought at the top of Darug Ave and the house plans are with council for approval. We weren't as game as you being an owner builder - so we are building an Eden Brae. Getting excited about it all. Just want something to happen.
PaulZ
the roundabout at Glenmore Park on Northern Rd will be changing to lights,a new roundabout at Bradley St and new on-ramp to the M4 from Kent St. (No set dates, but it is on the drawing baords to happen).

I am wondering where you found this info about the parkway being changed to traffic lights as I read something on line where they submitted tenders for costings which included not to change the roundabout but to include bradley street lights as it was cheaper.
When I purchased my land at the ridge I asked the developer if we would be getting a roundabout at bradley street & they told me no it would be traffic lights. I see on the corner of bradley & northern rd the rta have their car counting unit there to calculate the flow of traffic.
Ah Sunrise... I think I've seen your application! If I am correct, I am about 5 or 6 blocks down from you. I think our DAs were registered on the same day as every time I search my DA, yours comes up too... Hoping we both get out of council quickly
Yes that's us. When I check Council I see your tender as well. Hope council do there thing quickly. Our build date is fast approaching. And of course we just want to see some action (like everyone else)
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum