Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Greenvale Gardens, Greenvale VIC - Boutique Homes

Page 8 of 9
Quick one for anyone currently living in the estate area? What is the approx rates you pay each quarter? Just trying to finalise the financials once we move in ( 1st home buyer so new to the process). We got issues out rates notice today for the land but guessing this will increase in price once we out our house on it? Hopefully not by too much! Cheers in advance
Hi Josh,

We got our notice which was about $340 per quarter which I assumed was for land & improvements as it seemed like a lot.
LauraMac_311
Hi Josh,

We got our notice which was about $340 per quarter which I assumed was for land & improvements as it seemed like a lot.

Hmm.. That's the same as what we got but it just had our land value on it? I'm hoping it won't change when we put our house on it??
That is really interesting.

When we were looking at an established house in Gowanbrae (same council I believe) the rates were $321 per quarter for a house of similar value.

I suppose we'll find out when we get the next rates notice!!
Fingers crossed that they include the house! Or else I'm guessing will be a nasty jump in price
Hi Guys,

Just paid my rates notice yesterday. 4 Bedroom house on 512sqm Land $498 per quarter. LauraMac_311, are you living in the house yet? Don't be surprised if that jumps once you get your occupancy certificate. I have been living in Greenvale for the last 27 years, you will find rates in Greenvale are always more than other suburbs in Hume, nothing new.
Thanks Mr cool. Our block is about 475 but also building a four bedroom house. Hopefully our rates might be a little less than that
back to playing with the budget for me haha
Haha same here! I had only budgeted about $350 in total!
Lol I was a bit more generous I allocated $420 but still going to fall short!
Hi

We are currently building in Posy street and was wondering if any one had a good fencing experience and could recommend someone.

Thanks
Hello,

We are using Melbourne Fence Company in South Morang with our fences due to start tomorrow!

So while I cannot comment on the workmanship yet, thus far the company director Alex has been great to deal with and is provides excellent customer service and communication.

I found his quote to be mid-range as well, not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive either.

Alex Spasovski
Operations Manager

Ph: (03) 8407 3538
Mob: 0402 539 333
E-mail: info@melbournefencecompany.com.au
Web: www.melbournefencecompany.com.au
Address: P.O Box: 556 South Morang, Victoria 3752
Hi everyone,

I wanted to alert any one who is building on Blueberry Street that I have just found out (2 weeks before we're due to move in) that our street does not have the infrastructure installed to support Opticomm.

After I couldn't find my address on their website, I called Opticomm 4 weeks ago and after following up with them 3 times for an answer I was told yesterday that it is yet to be designed for our area with no date planned for this to occur. While they have installed the relevant cabling for all other streets on this side of the estate, it seems they forgot Blueberry!

I have spoken to my builder who has suggested the following -

"The best way to speed up the process of getting Opticomm to install the infrastructure is to get the neighbors to work together and approach Opticomm as a group, I have heard a couple of times that this may speed up the process of them installing the fibre"

So I am hoping anyone else who is building on Blueberry street might be able to join my cause in getting the infrastructure installed as I am sure no one wants to face the prospect of no phone/TV/internet for the foreseeable future!

Cheers,

Laura
Hey. Its been a while since I have checked out this forum. We are getting close to the end of our build. Building on the corner of posy st. So excited to move in. Hopefully by the end of July.
Porter Davis have been really good so far.
Lauramac - Thanks for the info about Opticomm.. Never thought to even check. Luckily i did a quick check on the website and our property has been connected. Hope it all works out for you... Would be a huge pain having no internet connection.

As for the rates.. I haven't received anything as yet? No sure as to why..
Got the latest on the park.. Get this.. It's going to start in 2 weeks ( believe it when I see it) & weather permitting it should be finished by December.... So basically 6 months to build one tiny little square of the park! If they work at that rate then I guess the whole park will be about 2 years until completion....
Hi Neighbourinos!
My wife and I are building with Porter Davis on Iris Grove. Scheduled to start building in August.
Been following this forum for a while now, and thought I would finally jump on and say hi.
Its been helpful reading the comments.
Its our first time building and would love to hear any advice or suggestions about building.

Cheers
Hoods
We are also building with Porter Davis on Iris Grove, we're building the Essex and our start is scheduled for August. We're lot 537, which lot are you?
Hi Neighbour!!! we are Lot 536. Building the Dunedin 29.
Hi Neighbour! I'm sure as our homes begin construction we'll be seeing each other soon.

In regards to fencing, can anyone verify that the required height for fencing is 2m including capping? We've just received a quote for out back fence that lists the height as 1.8m, we want to make sure it's the correct height before it's built, as it would be a pain to have to get it re-done if it's not the correct height.
Fortcon
Hi Neighbour! I'm sure as our homes begin construction we'll be seeing each other soon.

In regards to fencing, can anyone verify that the required height for fencing is 2m including capping? We've just received a quote for out back fence that lists the height as 1.8m, we want to make sure it's the correct height before it's built, as it would be a pain to have to get it re-done if it's not the correct height.

Pretty sure the maximum height is 2M for the fence but no issues if you build it to 1.8m. Should state it in your million page land contract.
Hi Guys,

I believe that in Greenvale Gardens that the guidelines are as follows.

Construct a minimum 1.8m Timber paling fence with a maximum of 2m. I do however know that the perimeter of the estate has been done as per design guidelines which measures to be 1.95m exposed posts, with capping (which is considered a standard height).

If you do have any questions or require a quote, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Alex Spasovski
Melbourne Fence Company
Ph:8407 3538
Mob:0402539333
E:info@melbournefencecompany.com.au
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum