Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with DAH - N & J - Resort/Amari Mix

Page 8 of 10
I know that sponge well!!
We have the opposite problem we need more backyard!!
We are doing liquid limestone paving, decking and then a small patch of grass (have you thought about grass...much cheaper than alot of other options) We will have very very small garden bed for a creeper to cover up the fence and give us some greenery and also very small gadren bed on the perimeter too.

Im jealous... if I was you I would have extra paving around the pool for sun lounges and sunbaking
A water feature to fill up space??? Or a nice zen garden... depending on the look ur going for?
Or even a bali hut to lounge in?
How little are your kids do they need a swing set?

I just googled landscaping pics for ideas!!
Excited to Build
I know that sponge well!!
We have the opposite problem we need more backyard!!
We are doing liquid limestone paving, decking and then a small patch of grass (have you thought about grass...much cheaper than alot of other options) We will have very very small garden bed for a creeper to cover up the fence and give us some greenery and also very small gadren bed on the perimeter too.

Im jealous... if I was you I would have extra paving around the pool for sun lounges and sunbaking
A water feature to fill up space??? Or a nice zen garden... depending on the look ur going for?
Or even a bali hut to lounge in?
How little are your kids do they need a swing set?

I just googled landscaping pics for ideas!!

Thank you - some fab ideas - I was thinking some grass, but hubby is ???? about it! Kids are little so it would be nice. We have bought a hut type thing for the far corner of the garden to put some outside sofas and small table on. I love your idea about extra space for sun loungers.....

I just can't visualise what it will look like - not like me! I like the idea of greener covering fences too... mmmm - how to put it all together????? Hopefully you do yours first and put a pic on here and I can copy - lol!!! Never had to even think about landscaping before ???

Thank you

Pops xxx
I know it's a whole new thing to consider once the the house is done isn't it? I'm finding it hard to work out what to put where with the skip and the loo in the front garden
Got some ideas though and googling is a godsend!
Mclaren
I know it's a whole new thing to consider once the the house is done isn't it? I'm finding it hard to work out what to put where with the skip and the loo in the front garden
Got some ideas though and googling is a godsend!

I would perhaps have some climbing plant thingies up the side of the portaloo to help it blend and fill the skip with water - voila - pool xxx
Ooohh that sounds nice - I'd probably need some palms and other screening plants so that everyone couldn't see us in the pool when they drive past and be jealous
Ooh Im jealous already!!

Loving the palms idea!!!
Hurrah for our innovative thinking......
Mclaren
You've been busy - I'm thinking we should get the window coverings sorted out soon
Don't want to live in a fishbowl

Lol, fishbowls are nice - but maybe not forever!
We got alot done in a short time so I am pleased. It wasn't as bad as we thought - keep us updated on how it goes....

Pops xxx
So, the electrics quote is in, as follows:

56 downlights
3 bedroom oysters
3 kitchen pendants - fitting only
4 external up/down lights
1 LED kitchen - fitting only
1 LED theatre - fitting only

$4,500

The electrician is providing the 56 downlights and 4 external up/down lights. We have cabling through DAH and junction boxes that we have already paid for.

What do you think?

Also, met with a landscape designer today - who I just love love love!!! Well I guess I should wait for the quote before I fall in love!!! Anyway, he has come up with some great ideas - we 'may' be having a herb garden, a vegetable garden and fruit trees/plants - so a real organic, simple garden that provides us with food - yum yum! I am waiting for quote, but he was great. Yesterday I was lost and now we have a theme for the garden! Our garden is going to have things in we can use for cooking!!! So so excited - lets hope its cheap! He is also quoting us for paving around pool and down side of house, for installing semi-frameless glass fencing, gates to side of house and front garden with postbox! I have no idea what to expect, apart from a shock I assume!!!!

Pops xxx
Can't help with electrician quote but would love to hear the landscape quote when it comes in, I have NO idea what to do with our backyard
electrical quote is good!!!

Nice work!!

Garden Sounds lovely! I am just getting landscaper to do the retic and lawn. I might grab his number if he quote wells!!
tinkster
Can't help with electrician quote but would love to hear the landscape quote when it comes in, I have NO idea what to do with our backyard

I will let you know as soon as I get it! He is also doing the retic, but I will put a breakdown so you have an idea.

Pops xxx
sheznay
electrical quote is good!!!

Nice work!!

Garden Sounds lovely! I am just getting landscaper to do the retic and lawn. I might grab his number if he quote wells!!

So $4,500 for electrical fitting/s is good. We have no idea so that helps...

I will let you know with the landscaping. He is also doing lawn and retic for us so hopefully he breaks down his quote so I can understand and also share the info! I am quite scared of what he is going to say as I probably have a budget of 50 cents with the way this house is eating money!!!

Pops xxx
Hi Pops, only 56 downlights - we've got 61!!
I'd love to hear about your landscaping when you get the quote - like everyone else looking for ideas and yours sounds lovely - I want to grow vegies and fruit too!!
Popsicals
So, the electrics quote is in, as follows:

56 downlights
3 bedroom oysters
3 kitchen pendants - fitting only
4 external up/down lights
1 LED kitchen - fitting only
1 LED theatre - fitting only

$4,500

The electrician is providing the 56 downlights and 4 external up/down lights. We have cabling through DAH and junction boxes that we have already paid for.

What do you think?

Also, met with a landscape designer today - who I just love love love!!! Well I guess I should wait for the quote before I fall in love!!! Anyway, he has come up with some great ideas - we 'may' be having a herb garden, a vegetable garden and fruit trees/plants - so a real organic, simple garden that provides us with food - yum yum! I am waiting for quote, but he was great. Yesterday I was lost and now we have a theme for the garden! Our garden is going to have things in we can use for cooking!!! So so excited - lets hope its cheap! He is also quoting us for paving around pool and down side of house, for installing semi-frameless glass fencing, gates to side of house and front garden with postbox! I have no idea what to expect, apart from a shock I assume!!!!

Pops xxx

Wow, the pricing for the electrical is pretty good. I have heard that we are looking at a small fortune for ours, so we are thinking we might have to do our downlights after hand over. Your landscaping ideas sound awesome. We are doing out own landscaping, and I have been looking at websites for inspiration. We had better have some money left, because I have big plans lol.
Pops!!! That is awesome for electrical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first quote was going to be about 10K so have a friend doing a cashy for about the same price as above!!

Can you PM the details for your electrician and landscaper as I need paving and pool fence and I am also wanting fruit, trees, herbs and a veg garden for my bubba!!
Ha ha looks like I may end up copying you!!
Excited to Build
Pops!!! That is awesome for electrical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first quote was going to be about 10K so have a friend doing a cashy for about the same price as above!!

Can you PM the details for your electrician and landscaper as I need paving and pool fence and I am also wanting fruit, trees, herbs and a veg garden for my bubba!!

Hehe. I think everyone is copying each other

We have a corner reserved for vege gardens, fruit trees and chooks. I have been growing veges and herbs in buckets and it is awesome. I also enjoy pottering around out there - very relaxing. Fresh herbs are yummo in cooking!!
Tamara1975
Excited to Build

Hehe. I think everyone is copying each other

We have a corner reserved for vege gardens, fruit trees and chooks. I have been growing veges and herbs in buckets and it is awesome. I also enjoy pottering around out there - very relaxing. Fresh herbs are yummo in cooking!!

Oooh at least you have some experience. I know nothing - here's hoping, if it goes ahead, that I don't kill everything!!!!
Excited to Build

Ha ha, I have PM'd you

Pops xxx
Mclaren
Hi Pops, only 56 downlights - we've got 61!!
I'd love to hear about your landscaping when you get the quote - like everyone else looking for ideas and yours sounds lovely - I want to grow vegies and fruit too!!

Just 56 downlights for us and we have other lights too and LED lights!!!!
Looks like we will all have the same!!!
We all have EXCELLENT taste!!!

Pops xxx
Related
26/07/2023
Builder used the wrong concrete mix

Building A New House

there is only 20% difference in concrete strength between 20 mpa and 25 mpa, so check with your engineer first if it fits his calculation tolerances. There are ways to…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum