Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 70 of 82
shazaw
ehhc
It’s nerve racking knowing PCI is coming... what time is PCI?

but you guys have kept open channel with your SS and you guys seem to meet onsite quite abit.
confident you’ll be fine

When is private inspector going through, before or after PCI?
And did you sort out the final variation?

PCI 12pm, yes Private inspector will be on site at the same time.

For final variation ...no... still not sorted out yet.

Again SS is suggesting to do flooring before handover and I can start on landscaping.
Gas is now major problem, he has 7 houses waiting for gas meter to be connected.

Silicon for all wet area and kitchen started this afternoon.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624

How would you do flooring, will he give you the keys before handover?

Your SS is so nice. My SS really sucks and he’s really **. He wouldn’t let our inspector come in before or during PCI and is now avoiding the questions I had about outstanding items. I think I’m going to have a bad handover day.

Hi all,

I thought I would share my garage lol. This is from Clarendon though

ehhc
The_Joneses

This is the inside of our garage, just in case you want another reference. I quite like the look of the bricks inside.

Lol see everyone has the jamb installed

I did had a closer look, the jamb does lessen the gap between roller door and bricks.

shazaw
ehhc
The_Joneses

This is the inside of our garage, just in case you want another reference. I quite like the look of the bricks inside.

Lol see everyone has the jamb installed

I did had a closer look, the jamb does lessen the gap between roller door and bricks.

Does mine have a jamb? What is a jamb???

k3nnis
Hi all,

Finally, someone without a jamb! Lol
It’s just the timber piece that the garage door brackets bolt onto. Mine just bolts up to bricks, which I don’t mind for the front door, but I have a rear roller door and the tracks can’t sit vertically plumb without a jamb. SS is refusing to get it installed.

trimum
Good luck for tomorrow shazaw!! Let us know how you get on. We have ours scheduled and confirmed for 3 weeks time on 27th April.

Thank you trimum, I do feel apologetic that I'm having PCI before you. I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight, I'm going over my list of outstanding items and defects so I don't miss anythings when we meet with SS and Private inspector.

I will let you know as soon as I get back.

ehhc
k3nnis
Hi all,

Finally, someone without a jamb! Lol
It’s just the timber piece that the garage door brackets bolt onto. Mine just bolts up to bricks, which I don’t mind for the front door, but I have a rear roller door and the tracks can’t sit vertically plumb without a jamb. SS is refusing to get it installed.

LOL you got to have a jamb!! for the back roller door.

ehhc
How would you do flooring, will he give you the keys before handover?

Your SS is so nice. My SS really sucks and he’s really **. He wouldn’t let our inspector come in before or during PCI and is now avoiding the questions I had about outstanding items. I think I’m going to have a bad handover day.

Flooring Co will have to get in touch with SS and he will let them in for them to measure and again when they come to install carpet or laminate my SS will open door for them.

Some time I feel SS is sweet talking, maybe he needed evaluation from clients...

Good luck shazaw, go to town on the list and and be specific on the items. You’ll be right

ehhc
Good luck shazaw, go to town on the list and and be specific on the items. You’ll be right

Hahha. So it’s better to have a jamb?

Good luck Shazaw

Good luck today

shazaw
trimum
Good luck for tomorrow shazaw!! Let us know how you get on. We have ours scheduled and confirmed for 3 weeks time on 27th April.

Thank you trimum, I do feel apologetic that I'm having PCI before you. I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight, I'm going over my list of outstanding items and defects so I don't miss anythings when we meet with SS and Private inspector.

I will let you know as soon as I get back.

Please don’t feel bad!! I genuinely feel nothing but happiness that you and ehhc are nearly at the end and when you get your keys which I am sure will be before us, I will be doing many happy dances for your both!! I know our day will come and we have our PCI date to work to so it’s all good!!

Thank you everyone for your support, somehow I did managed to fall asleep last night and feels fresh this morning...so this is a good sign

We had a PCI picnic lunch.
Gas cooktop installed.
Aircon unit arrived this afternoon.
shazaw
We had a PCI picnic lunch.

Love this!!

Not too many blue dots. Mainly in hallway and staircase.

PCI went really well, normal outstanding items are going to be fix. Most should resolved by next week.
Private inspector was on time and he was there for 4 hrs.
last week SS mention that he will only be there for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours but be stayed for 4 hours.
There was a variation invoice needed to resolve with SS and same time with Head office. We will know more about it by Monday.

I will also get report from Private inspector on Monday.

Pretty much two weeks work. SS is very concern with Gas... He mention a family moved in during easter still waiting for gas connection. Even If I wants to move in after electrical connection ... I can't!!
NO GAS.... NO HOT WATER!!

shazaw
PCI went really well, normal outstanding items are going to be fix. Most should resolved by next week.
Private inspector was on time and he was there for 4 hrs.
last week SS mention that he will only be there for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours but be stayed for 4 hours.
There was a variation invoice needed to resolve with SS and same time with Head office. We will know more about it by Monday.

I will also get report from Private inspector on Monday.

Pretty much two weeks work. SS is very concern with Gas... He mention a family moved in during easter still waiting for gas connection. Even If I wants to move in after electrical connection ... I can't!!
NO GAS.... NO HOT WATER!!

i am glad to hear there wasn’t any surprises. Won’t be long now

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum