Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 70 of 364
We paid our initial deposit in start of feb 2010.
Yer about the protruding plaster wall without fireplace, we opted with just the wall as i didn't want to spend 13k on a fake fireplace. For just the wall we paid $278, the wife and i kind of liked the idea of making it a feature wall behind the tv.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

Re the feature wall - that's what we were thinking of doing, but figured that once we put a TV lowline cabinet there and a wall-hung plasma it'll fill the space anyway! But I have to admit, I do love how the wall itself is made into a feature just by the wallpaper (in the display). it looks really effective. However, I would've thought it would be a little cheaper than $278. It's only a tiny bit of extra plaster afterall!
aldavies3
stillwaters
aldavies3
On a totally different note... Does anyone know how much CH charges for Category 2 kitchen pot drawer handles?

Are they charged different per each type of handle or is each category charged at a rate per category?

Its priced per category. I upgraded to Cat 2 pot drawers, pretty sure it was between $150-200 extra

Thank you stillwaters.

But please don't tell me that's $150-$200 per each handle? How many handles did you need? We need 6. What handles did you choose out of the Cat 2 range?

thats for all the pot drawers

I just checked my tender doc, its $190 to upgrade to Cat 2 for 10 handles
sarahq
Smelly Melly
Hi sarahq. I feel really sorry for you. I hope they are able to something about it. I really can't see what their problem with putting in a flatter alternative is. Did they tell you why? Can I ask where you have found this flatter alternative?

It'll be ok SM!
We have a pretty damn good argument... Weren't told anything of this expansion joint before it was installed, none of the display homes have any of these, and it is a safety hazard sticking up so much..

They just told us that this is what was installed by the installers. They don't know of any alternatives. When asked if it could be removed they said it would void the warranty. Don't ask me how all the timber laminate flooring in all the display homes I have seen is installed without it...

We found a much flatter one in Floorworld in Hoppers Crossing. They seemed to be quite standard too... I don't mind if it doesn't blend in entirely as long as it doesn't stick up so much...

Hi sarahq,

I have spoken to a couple of people from Carlisle homes (head office) and they said that if the expansion joint is sticking up, it's definitely a mistake and they will fix this. They were pretty sure it shouldn't be sticking up. So raise it up with a director at Carlisle homes, mentioning it's not the same quality as display homes and demand them to fix it. I am sure you have a better case here.

Cheers,
Huntclubber
WenZi07
huntclubber
WenZi07
Hi everyone, I just did my tender. Some of the upgrade prices are unacceptable.

I was charged more than $500 for an additional gas point in the garden???

Also, $531 for each zone for Ducted heating. (Currently standard ducted heating has no zone at all according to CH.)

I am building a double story house, how many zones do your guys think need? Would one zone be enough?

Has anyone received better price than mine for the above items? Do you think worth it?

Hi WenZi07,

Our SC advised that the zoning is included back in the quotation time but now saying that is not included.

They offer brivis 2PW20 ducted heating system with 8 points.

- upgrade unit is a MX21I (Approx 4 star unit) - $846

- upgrade unit is a MH23 (Approx 5 star unit) - $1150

Add zone shut down motor to MX21I or MH23 is $507 per zone motor up to a maximum 3 zones WITH OUT refrigerated cooling.

If refrigerated cooling is added to tender unit, it automaticly upgraded to a MX21I with 1 zone shut down closing 2 no points (client nominated) with 6 points always open due to refrigerated cooling unit needing min no of points open.

My house area is about 21 sq. Do you guys think the brivis 2PW20 ducted heating system with 8 points will be enough for my house (20 kw output)? and also in terms of running cost, is it worth while to have zoning for this unit?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi huntclubber, I forgot to say in my earlier post, I did ask both the sales consultant and colour consultant back to the quotation time, I was told the ducted heating has zoning function but at tender it's not?

Do you guys want to fight with CH together with me, maybe CH will compromise? Only me probably won't get result as I was told verbally no written evidence.

Hi WenZi07,

I am happy to join with you to talk to CH but my only concern is I don't have it in writing and they can easily say that they didn't say that (just like office politics). Do you have this in writing?

Huntclubber
Huntcubber,

We built a double with CH about a year ago and from memory (and as suggested) you would only get zoning if you go with the add on cooling. With heating it would be a waste of time to zone the house unless you upgrade to a high efficiency heater. Reason being is you will still be using the same amount of gas and the same fan speed to only heat 1/2 the house equaling zero gains and lots of noise. With the HE heaters they have a pressure sensor that will drop down the fan speed when a zone is closed, this means the noise from the registers is reduced and we are finding its cheaper to heat this house than our previous 23 square with a mid efficiency heater. We use the zoning for our A/C manually a fair bit but never with the heating. Last point regarding our setup we ended up doing it ourselves (we are in the A/C trade) and set it up with 2 thermostats and a seperate supply and return zone doing upstairs and downstairs (using the same heater & A/C unit) so in heating mode when upstairs gets to the correct temperature it will automatically close that zone and still run downstairs until that gets to temp. Dandy air (if that's who CH still use) should be able to do the same but at what cost I'm not sure. Hope this helps.
youngone1973
Huntcubber,

We built a double with CH about a year ago and from memory (and as suggested) you would only get zoning if you go with the add on cooling. With heating it would be a waste of time to zone the house unless you upgrade to a high efficiency heater. Reason being is you will still be using the same amount of gas and the same fan speed to only heat 1/2 the house equaling zero gains and lots of noise. With the HE heaters they have a pressure sensor that will drop down the fan speed when a zone is closed, this means the noise from the registers is reduced and we are finding its cheaper to heat this house than our previous 23 square with a mid efficiency heater. We use the zoning for our A/C manually a fair bit but never with the heating. Last point regarding our setup we ended up doing it ourselves (we are in the A/C trade) and set it up with 2 thermostats and a seperate supply and return zone doing upstairs and downstairs (using the same heater & A/C unit) so in heating mode when upstairs gets to the correct temperature it will automatically close that zone and still run downstairs until that gets to temp. Dandy air (if that's who CH still use) should be able to do the same but at what cost I'm not sure. Hope this helps.

Thanks youngone1973, that really helps.
sarahq
Smelly Melly
Ok so I heard back from CH regarding the laminate flooring expansion joint concern and I'm not happy!!!! Basically I was informed that the manufacturer who supplies the timber laminate flooring only does the expansion joints the one way. I was asked if I still wanted CH to install the laminate or if I would like it deleted so I could arrange for my own laminate to be installed after settlement. There is no way I am going to do it myself when I know that I only paid about $900 to get it done with them. I would have to come up with the balance myself if I did it after handover. This is basically what I said...
We definitely want the floor but without such an obvious join that is a tripping hazard. There was no mention of an expansion joint in the Contract Tender. The contract specified the timber quad only, which we were happy with. At no stage were we advised that there would be an expansion joint. I do understand that it is a necessity with the floor but there must be an alternative. Surely there must be something that sits flat with the ground.

I never noticed any expansion joints in all of the Carlisle displays that we visited. I believe the Riverton display we visited at Marriott Waters is laminate and I did not see these kinds of joins there. I know our contract states that our house will be built to display quality standard so there must be an alternative, but we are not interested in installing the floor ourselves after handover.

What do you think??? I will let you know how I get on.

Seconded everything you said above SM!

It's just a shame that ours is already installed... We didn't find out about the expansion joint until we saw it in our own home

We have found another alternative (which is much flatter). We are definitely going to be fighting this one...

sarahq,

I have been to glendale carpets and had a chat to the guys. They say that if we are going with laminate floors, then there will be expansion joints otherwise it will void the warranty. They also said that what we see in display homes is timber flooring not laminate floors.
Did they mention wether the expansion joints are typically raised as much as indicated?
I've taken the pictures of the expansion joints it's just that I have trouble uploading them.
.. if you pm me your email address, can email them to you.
Thanks for all your info huntclubber! Very helpful.

I will email the director of Carlisle if the issue is not resolved with my current supervisor. As I have said a number of times, I understand that an expansion joint is required. However, I KNOW there are flatter alternatives to the one which has been installed in our house.

Will pm you my email huntclubber... Would love to see the pics!
Thankyou Huntclubber

Sarah can you please let us know how you get on.

Thanks
thats for all the pot drawers

I just checked my tender doc, its $190 to upgrade to Cat 2 for 10 handles[/quote]

Thank you stillwaters.
Has anybody building a Westbury 26 upgraded their ducted heating and evaporative cooling units?
huntclubber
Has anybody building a Westbury 26 upgraded their ducted heating and evaporative cooling units?

Huntclubber,

We arent thinking about these upgrades at the moment. Should have probably got some information about this..
Hi WenZi07,

Our SC advised that the zoning is included back in the quotation time but now saying that is not included.

Add zone shut down motor to MX21I or MH23 is $507 per zone motor up to a maximum 3 zones WITH OUT refrigerated cooling.

If refrigerated cooling is added to tender unit, it automaticly upgraded to a MX21I with 1 zone shut down closing 2 no points (client nominated) with 6 points always open due to refrigerated cooling unit needing min no of points open.

My house area is about 21 sq. Do you guys think the brivis 2PW20 ducted heating system with 8 points will be enough for my house (20 kw output)? and also in terms of running cost, is it worth while to have zoning for this unit?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

Hi huntclubber, I forgot to say in my earlier post, I did ask both the sales consultant and colour consultant back to the quotation time, I was told the ducted heating has zoning function but at tender it's not?

Do you guys want to fight with CH together with me, maybe CH will compromise? Only me probably won't get result as I was told verbally no written evidence.[/quote]

Hi WenZi07,

I am happy to join with you to talk to CH but my only concern is I don't have it in writing and they can easily say that they didn't say that (just like office politics). Do you have this in writing?

Huntclubber[/quote]

Hi Huntclubber,

No, I do no have this in writing. Maybe not easy to fight, what do you think?
WenZi07
Hi WenZi07,

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you guys want to fight with CH together with me, maybe CH will compromise? Only me probably won't get result as I was told verbally no written evidence.[/quote]

Hi WenZi07,

Huntclubber[/quote]

Hi Huntclubber,

No, I do no have this in writing. Maybe not easy to fight, what do you think?[/quote]

WenZi07,

If you don't have anything in writing, I doubt we get anywhere as they can always say that they didn't say anything as such.
Hi guys, for those already settled your land, after settlement date, have you received any legal documents i.e. " Transfer of land" from your solicitor, mortgage bank or any government office?

I have only received a letter from my solicitor and mortgage bank saying it's settled, how do I ensure my land has been transferred to my name and correctly registered at government land office?
WenZi07
Hi guys, for those already settled your land, after settlement date, have you received any legal documents i.e. " Transfer of land" from your solicitor, mortgage bank or any government office?

I have only received a letter from my solicitor and mortgage bank saying it's settled, how do I ensure my land has been transferred to my name and correctly registered at government land office?

Hi,

My block is still yet to title, but i recieved a copy of the "Transfer of Land" from my conveyancer to sign about a month ago. really weird that you have not got it. I would contact your conveyancer.
Yay we finally settled on our land today so any day soon we should be ready to start building. Can't wait.
bicko123
WenZi07

Hi,

My block is still yet to title, but i recieved a copy of the "Transfer of Land" from my conveyancer to sign about a month ago. really weird that you have not got it. I would contact your conveyancer.

No, I have also received a copy of "Transdfer of Land" from my solicitor for signing before settlement, however this copy was returned to solicitor after signing, and on the copy there is no volume and folio number entered yet,so that is not complete copy, it was just for signing purpose.

Now I am wondering after settlement, will I get a copy of "transfer of land" with my land lot number and volume and folio number filled in? Don't tell me I will not get it until I pay off the mortgage?
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum