Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 689 of 862
Visited on the weekend while and loving what we have seen.

Our facade feature has been painted and i LOVE it. Still hoping once our facade is fully rendered that our chosen colour will still look grey enough. Our beautiful white door!! and painting has started inside as well. I believe that's just the base coat.

cannot wait to see our tiles starting to go in on Friday....

Does anyone know how long they usually take? we only really have wet areas and the wall in our kitchen.
At what stage has everyone's render been completed?
Our still hasn't and starting to think its been forgotten about lol
lizbf85

Ours was completed 1 day before our PCI meeting which was the following day...
LOL
lizbf85

Our base render was completed not long after brickwork and top colour coat was applied week of pci so there was no damage done.

Chase up on it for sure
shanis33
lizbf85

Our base render was completed not long after brickwork and top colour coat was applied week of pci so there was no damage done.

Chase up on it for sure

it would make sense it would be done at brick stage, that's what we thought!

The scaff was also put up last week to fix the side of the facade feature and we thought it would be left for the render.
its now gone. lol
People that had paint issues i.e. Not being able to wash the walls, yellowing skirts/doors etc, did you get any rectification?

Just had our inspection and said that I want the house repainted as anywhere I wash with water and white rag as our supervisor told us leaves marks and it's meant to be wash and wear. Answer was no we won't do that!

Wanting to know how other people got the paintwork that was part of contract?

Yeah cause the base render needs good time to dry before the top coat so that's done early. Colour coat is the last thing in case the trades damage during construction.

Def would have thought your scaff would still be up!!! Let me know how you get on

shanis33
Yeah cause the base render needs good time to dry before the top coat so that's done early. Colour coat is the last thing in case the trades damage during construction.

Def would have thought your scaff would still be up!!! Let me know how you get on

Exactly! i knew that the colour was last coat and that the painters come back.

I think we had a few bricks to be placed behind our fire box ( shortfall of bricks) so maybe itll be done when that's completed.
God only knows how long that will take as the brickies seemed to take forever.

our tiles are meant to start tomorrow!!
Hahaha yeah the brickies aren't exactly quick to come back for small jobs!

Ring the SS and ask him when it's being done cause it really needs to be done before we get into the high high temps so it dries evenly to avoid cracking.

Yay for tiles that will be bloody exciting! Let me know what gaps the put on your subway tiles if you can

We were just told it will happen in Jan with all of the other finishing items!!
The words i have been waiting so long to hear today were " the walk through should be beginning of feb and settle mid feb"

HOORAY!!!!
Wow that was all pretty fast and great news!! Good luck with the final stages

Momiji
Wow that was all pretty fast and great news!! Good luck with the final stages

Its been a longggggggggggg time coming Momiji!
Hehe I can't remember if you had the long contract stage too. Our contract went for 12 months! Build stage was fairly good though right?

Momiji
Hehe I can't remember if you had the long contract stage too. Our contract went for 12 months! Build stage was fairly good though right?

Yes, i think so.
We paid deposit dec 2015, and i think contract was at possibly may 2016. Being a KDR i understand to some degree. Given out site start was meant to be May, it was well overdue when we finally start in August.

Roll on February!!!

Here is also a pic of our blind fabric chosen along with shurtter.

I couldn't remember who i referred to Supurb, but we paid out deposit and arranged our check measure yesterday. Cathy and Hans are fantastic!

lizbf85
Momiji

Yes, i think so.
We paid deposit dec 2015, and i think contract was at possibly may 2016. Being a KDR i understand to some degree. Given out site start was meant to be May, it was well overdue when we finally start in August.

Roll on February!!!

I couldn't remember who i referred to Supurb, but we paid out deposit and arranged our check measure yesterday. Cathy and Hans are fantastic!

Which house are you building again? 6 months build time is awesome! Ours is a KDR too but the Waldorf 44 so I'm expecting 9-10 months but keeping 12 months in my head so I don't get disappointed should anything happen.

It wasnt me who you referred Superb to but will look into them. Where are they based? I will Google. Did you find your plantation shutter prices reasonable?

Momiji
lizbf85
Momiji

Yes, i think so.

Roll on February!!!

Which house are you building again? 6 months build time is awesome! Ours is a KDR too but the Waldorf 44 so I'm expecting 9-10 months but keeping 12 months in my head so I don't get disappointed should anything happen.

It wasnt me who you referred Superb to but will look into them. Where are they based? I will Google. Did you find your plantation shutter prices reasonable?

We are building the Vancouver 31 squares
i think it was about a 20-23 weeks time frame on paper, but our contract was about 287 days! we knew that was over stated.
Keep all expectations low, that's what we did and are pretty happy with the 'build stage' so far.

That's OK I think someone else got a quote through them recently and wanted to share.

Yes very reasonable, and the quality looks fantastic!!
lizbf85 your house is looking great!

The scaffolding came down from our place last week. When I looked at the photos I had taken, I realised a window had been installed in the wrong place. It's a big window at the front of the house, and it should have been centred and lined up perfectly with the window below. It's placed off centre by at least 40cm? Anyway, we raised it with PD and it's being fixed.
Hi everyone! My husband and I are building the Montague 21 in Altona North. We just had our World of style appointment and I thought I'd start a blog so I can keep updates as reading blogs helped me allot in preparing for things so far (also being a school teacher I'm on holidays now with nothing better to do lol) an if any of my rambling can help out someone then why not. I'd really appreciate any feedback, never built a house before and never wrote a blog before.
I'm really scared about the building process and really looking forward to the last tender to know exactly how much it will cost to build on our land.

http://buildingmontague21.blogspot.com.au/
Naama
Hi everyone! My husband and I are building the Montague 21 in Altona North. We just had our World of style appointment and I thought I'd start a blog so I can keep updates as reading blogs helped me allot in preparing for things so far (also being a school teacher I'm on holidays now with nothing better to do lol) an if any of my rambling can help out someone then why not. I'd really appreciate any feedback, never built a house before and never wrote a blog before.
I'm really scared about the building process and really looking forward to the last tender to know exactly how much it will cost to build on our land.

Thanks for the blog, i love reading these as it's our first time building. we just signed our tender last week. was quite surprised when we got told our site costs had increased by more than 15k

our kitchen quote came in well over of 17k + for kitchen and galley.

quote incl 60mm island bench and waterfall to one edge. cat 5 stone

colour tech to kitchen and galley

We are very fortunate that a family member works for a kitchen business and upright told us that the price had been marked up over 60%. We have negoiated with PD and all we are getting in our kitchen is a sink and cabinet underneath. this will allow us to do the kitchen post hand. we are able to get our dream kitchen incl 2 pac cabinetry through out and Calcutta marble for half the price WOS quoted us
dc_1985
Naama

Thanks for the blog, i love reading these as it's our first time building. we just signed our tender last week. was quite surprised when we got told our site costs had increased by more than 15k

our kitchen quote came in well over of 17k + for kitchen and galley.

quote incl 60mm island bench and waterfall to one edge. cat 5 stone

colour tech to kitchen and galley

We are very fortunate that a family member works for a kitchen business and upright told us that the price had been marked up over 60%. We have negoiated with PD and all we are getting in our kitchen is a sink and cabinet underneath. this will allow us to do the kitchen post hand. we are able to get our dream kitchen incl 2 pac cabinetry through out and Calcutta marble for half the price WOS quoted us

wowzer!! although very easy to spend that in kitchen i remember 8k was our quote just for cabinet upgrade to the vinal wrap.
we ended up compromising to silk gloss, still not the nicest finish but it will do. Our stone upgrades cost $2.5k approx however we are extremely happy with out kitchen. Lucky for you you were able to negotiate.

Our tiles just went in and our kitchen is starting to really take shape.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum