Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 688 of 778
Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1
Hey peeps,
Does any one know how much credit do eb give for their standard tiles? We are thinking of putting laminate flooring and have heard some where that eb gives about $25 credit on tiles..
Thanks for ur help peeps..

Hi Mike, that sounds about right. You can actually ring Di Lorenzo tiles and they can tell you for your specific build, that's what we did.

Built the Eden Brae Lincoln 35 in Oran Park.

Thanks mate.. I will do so.. Did u replace ur tile with laminate too or went with timber? And have u already completed ur build?

mikegrg1
Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1
Hey peeps,
Does any one know how much credit do eb give for their standard tiles? We are thinking of putting laminate flooring and have heard some where that eb gives about $25 credit on tiles..

Hi Mike, that sounds about right. You can actually ring Di Lorenzo tiles and they can tell you for your specific build, that's what we did.

Thanks mate.. I will do so.. Did u replace ur tile with laminate too or went with timber? And have u already completed ur build?

Yep we have finished and have moved in

We ended up going with the builders standard range of tiles as they are up to 450x450 and we found a nice grey matt tile we liked. Couldn't justify going timber as there were other things we wanted to do in the house and were quite surprised to actually like the tiles. Lol

Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1
Lincoln35_mckinley
[quote="mikegrg1"]Hey peeps,

We ended up going with the builders standard range of tiles as they are up to 450x450 and we found a nice grey matt tile we liked. Couldn't justify going timber as there were other things we wanted to do in the house and were quite surprised to actually like the tiles. Lol

[/quote]
Great.. I am building in oran park too.. Hopefully might get started in nov-dec.. Did u happen to upgrade ur aircon? Is it actron?

mikegrg1
Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1
[quote="Lincoln35_mckinley"][quote="mikegrg1"]Hey peeps,

[/quote]
Great.. I am building in oran park too.. Hopefully might get started in nov-dec.. Did u happen to upgrade ur aircon? Is it actron?

[/quote]

Nope we didn't upgraded the aircon. We did add another zone though for $244.

pixigt25
paulm29
HI All,

This question is more for the those who have completed their build. I am close to finish and there has been delays,

What were last jobs done before handover? My driveway is schedule for next week and internals will be completed in the next week, yet I am still to get a completion date. Just wondering what else needs to happen.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi Paul,
I took possession of my place without appliances (hot water, external air con unit, stove, dishwasher, etc) so I could get the concreting done by my tradesperson prior to the aircon unit being installed because I wanted it on the concrete porch under the awning I had installed out the back. This was easier than having them come twice (once for inside installs prior to handover, once for outside a/c after concreting). Even so, I was given the date only about a week or so out from the handover.
This was because they had to arrange inspections prior to handover & arrange any finishing touches, then get the cleaners in.
IMHO, if your driveway is still to be installed, you are a bit away from receiving a date...
Hope that helps

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks Pixi, this is disappointing to hear in terms of where I am at, Just seems as though the supervisor just keeps avoiding me with this question, thats why it didn't seem right.

Cheers,
Paul
Lincoln35_mckinley
paulm29
HI All,

This question is more for the those who have completed their build. I am close to finish and there has been delays,

What were last jobs done before handover? My driveway is schedule for next week and internals will be completed in the next week, yet I am still to get a completion date. Just wondering what else needs to happen.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Agreed with Pixi. The builder will give you a PCI date based on when the majority of things are due to be completed. If your driveway hasn't been laid yet you are probably a few weeks off. Your supervisor should be able to let you know the likely date.

In our case, during PCI there were a few things which the supervisor knew needed fixing but he just waited til after PCI to bring the trades back (saves them making multiple trips). Hope this helps.

Thanks Lincoln35.

Hope you enjoying your home!

Cheers
Paul
Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1
Lincoln35_mckinley
[quote="mikegrg1"][quote="Lincoln35_mckinley"][quote="mikegrg1"]Hey peeps,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope we didn't upgraded the aircon. We did add another zone though for $244.

[/quote]
Just called eden brae.. They said that since the tiles were part of promotion, we wont be getting credit if we chose to go with laminate or timber. Dissapointing but might stick with tiles now..

wongbruce
Miffy
I agree Wongbruce! We are going for tender presentation in two weeks. Windows and doors are structure that we won't be able to change later on. So we are kind of stuck on thoes beautiful timber Windows at display house. Yes I agree it is silly but can not help it.

We are proposing guest bedroom downstairs and extending galley kitchen so far. We want to maintain look and open feel by keeping large windows and full height doors as displayed. Our lovely salesperson said that we won't be able to get thoes sizes In aluminum. What sizes have you chosen for living and dining ? What other changes have you done in basic plan. Thanks in advance !!!

Hi Miffy just remember you have allowable ratios for both the first and second floor and shouldn't exceed them against your land.

Some of the things we changed was the height of the stacker doors at the back of the home we increased it all the way to the top. The Waldorf 50 master bedroom is towards the front of the home and it was suppose to be a sliding door with our facade and we ended up changing it to a French door. The study downstairs have been made a private room rather than an open room, we have done the gallery as well. Just make sure you have doors where need to be because you can't change after you sign the building contract.

Did you go out to HomeWorld to see the home? Who was your sales person? We had Kevin Huynh and he was fantastic.

Hey Wongbruce, what's the height of your stacker door now. Standard is 21. Hight of displayed doors is 27. Which Windows did you choose for dining and living.

We had Johnny Cefai as salesperson. He was absolutely fantastic. We found him very honest, prompt and hardworking. I have mailed him in the middle of night and was surprised to get a response in half an hour that too on his day off. He was one of the reason why we jumped for this house.
Hi guys,
Did any one get a double cylinder gainsborough Trilock for the front door , that is you can use your key to lock from inside as well.
I am seeing that they usually give a knob from inside to turn to lock.
Thanks
Vennie

We have a Bristol 33 with the stacker door option to the alfresco.

- If you had a stacker, did you put a aluminium flyscreen? In the advantage series flyscreens are not included.

-scaria197
scaria197
We have a Bristol 33 with the stacker door option to the alfresco.

- If you had a stacker, did you put a aluminium flyscreen? In the advantage series flyscreens are not included.

-scaria197

Yah i will go with stacker aluminium fly screen too.. But am doing it post handover... EB was too expensive with Flyscreen for us..
By the way just found out that eb doesnt give credit for tiles if you want laminate or timber.. Because bristol tile was part of promotion.. Am not very happy with that..

Are diamond screen and fly screen same? I would like to have diamond screen. They look more safe to me. Has anyone used them I their new house?
Miffy
Are diamond screen and fly screen same? I would like to have diamond screen. They look more safe to me. Has anyone used them I their new house?

Diamond screen are more of the security type where as flyscreen is just for fly.. Diamond screen are lil bit more pricy too.. Good for doors, alfresco and windows at front for security..

yes they quoted us 1200 for the flyscreens for the stacker and 1000 for all the home windows. Was your quote very similar?

Any idea how much the Diamond screen will be?
scaria197
yes they quoted us 1200 for the flyscreens for the stacker and 1000 for all the home windows. Was your quote very similar?

Any idea how much the Diamond screen will be?

Yah was something similar.. Diamonds were some what extra 100 each for the doors..

Miffy
I agree Wongbruce! We are going for tender presentation in two weeks. Windows and doors are structure that we won't be able to change later on. So we are kind of stuck on thoes beautiful timber Windows at display house. Yes I agree it is silly but can not help it.

We are proposing guest bedroom downstairs and extending galley kitchen so far. We want to maintain look and open feel by keeping large windows and full height doors as displayed. Our lovely salesperson said that we won't be able to get thoes sizes In aluminum. What sizes have you chosen for living and dining ? What other changes have you done in basic plan. Thanks in advance !!!

Hi Miffy, sorry for the late reply. For the stacker doors we got the AST24-32 which is the full height doors as displayed. And we got that in Aluminium as well. Not sure what your sales person meant by you can't

We added a few doors in the house, changed the front upstairs balcony from sliding door to french doors.
Hello fellow builders,
We're new to the building game and just put a deposit over the weekend for Elara house and land package. We were told tender would be in 7-14 days. We understand no structural -doors windows -changes can be done after this. But we're quite lost!

When we asked about site costs, we were told that it's all included in package price. Is that true? What should we look out for in terms of extra costs?

Did you guys go to di Lorenzo and hog before tender acceptance stage?

Is the electrical plan done in tender or later?

Any tips for tender stage?
We think 1-2 weeks is a bit quick for us to know and make a decision by I suppose most people are better prepared!

Hoping we make it out alive! Losing sleep every night haha
Shali
Hello fellow builders,
We're new to the building game and just put a deposit over the weekend for Elara house and land package. We were told tender would be in 7-14 days. We understand no structural -doors windows -changes can be done after this. But we're quite lost!

When we asked about site costs, we were told that it's all included in package price. Is that true? What should we look out for in terms of extra costs?

Did you guys go to di Lorenzo and hog before tender acceptance stage?

Is the electrical plan done in tender or later?

Any tips for tender stage?
We think 1-2 weeks is a bit quick for us to know and make a decision by I suppose most people are better prepared!

Hoping we make it out alive! Losing sleep every night haha

Site cost depends after the site survey.. Eb covers standard site cost but if your land has more than 1m slope or saline soil then there are extra cost...
You cant make structural changes after tender but internal changes are ok.. U can ask the tender presenter on whats allowed and whats not. If u r confused..
You dont have to accept tender on the same day.. U get abt 5 or so days and also ask for extension for more days ...
I did my hog, di lorenzo and electrical after signing contract.. Since they were all upgrades and i was happy with most of the standard inclusion..
Hope it all goes well for u

We are on the same boat as you. We are yet to go for tender presentation. We went to Hog and de Lorenzo and brick shop. It is v confusing at start but slowly we are realizing what we want. I am sure we will spent few more hours at floor shop before final appointment. Take it easy and take one step at a time.

I am looking for porcelain Tiles. Laying charges are 38 per sqm. I have been told that EB floor allowance is 24 P sqm for all ranges. Is laying charges are inclusion? If i select from the standard range do I still need to pay the laying charges?
Miffy
We are on the same boat as you. We are yet to go for tender presentation. We went to Hog and de Lorenzo and brick shop. It is v confusing at start but slowly we are realizing what we want. I am sure we will spent few more hours at floor shop before final appointment. Take it easy and take one step at a time.

I am looking for porcelain Tiles. Laying charges are 38 per sqm. I have been told that EB floor allowance is 24 P sqm for all ranges. Is laying charges are inclusion? If i select from the standard range do I still need to pay the laying charges?

I am pretty sure u dont have to pay anything for tiles if u stick with standard range.. But for me i am looking at laminate so its $65 per sqm and eb doesny give credit on tiles because of the tile promo in advantage series.. So i am not sure whether to stick with tiles or go with laminate..

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum