Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 686 of 828
Hi, its been a while since I have been back here as we were busy moving (Saturday - in the middle of rain and storm), glad its over (Just). Without driveway (delayed by abt 6 weeks) and landscaping, its quite a mess at the moment as you can imagine, and tons of boxes to unpack.
Just on phone and TV connection - I've got a TPG connection here, while the connection is complete, the netgear model still says no active DSL line. Do you know where can I find the right Phone port? I assume its in the garage on the outwards wall (standard install)?
Also, for the Free to Air connection - has anyone else had any issues? Thanks.
singalg
Hi, its been a while since I have been back here as we were busy moving (Saturday - in the middle of rain and storm), glad its over (Just). Without driveway (delayed by abt 6 weeks) and landscaping, its quite a mess at the moment as you can imagine, and tons of boxes to unpack.
Just on phone and TV connection - I've got a TPG connection here, while the connection is complete, the netgear model still says no active DSL line. Do you know where can I find the right Phone port? I assume its in the garage on the outwards wall (standard install)?
Also, for the Free to Air connection - has anyone else had any issues? Thanks.

Great, waiting for some photos
Hi guys. Is the Draft End Panel (assuming ALL correct) as good as the Final End Panel? Our broker is needing the Final End Panel asap and my DEP has not arrived yet despite CSR saying it will ready almost 2 weeks ago! I'm chasing it up with CSR. But wondering if the DEP is as good as EP? The important this is the final fixed price that the bank requires.
ASJ1981
Hi guys. Is the Draft End Panel (assuming ALL correct) as good as the Final End Panel? Our broker is needing the Final End Panel asap and my DEP has not arrived yet despite CSR saying it will ready almost 2 weeks ago! I'm chasing it up with CSR. But wondering if the DEP is as good as EP? The important this is the final fixed price that the bank requires.

It’s meant to be yes. Some banks prefer an end panel and some will accept the DEP.
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

It’s meant to be yes. Some banks prefer an end panel and some will accept the DEP.

Thank you! Hopefully the DEP is enough and hopefully I get it ASAP! Cutting it close now with Wisdom shutting down this Friday!
Manhattan52
CS199
CS199
How has everyone gone with electricals done for outside of the house....especially garden lights across the perimeter boundary etc

I will be getting landscaping done post-handover. Did you get junction boxes put outside....and how many are enough, they are $108 each

Bump

Would depend on size of your block as to how many are enough and what electrical work you want and where

I have 2 extra junction boxes on a 2200sqm block but all my external lighting has been provisioned for and Wisdom will install

Our block is about 800sqm so guessing that if I get once junction box at the front and one at the back of the house it should be enough. Do they go on the outside walls of the house?
CS199
Manhattan52
CS199
[quote="CS199"]How has everyone gone with electricals done for outside of the house....especially garden lights across the perimeter boundary etc

I will be getting landscaping done post-handover. Did you get junction boxes put outside....and how many are enough, they are $108 each

Bump

Would depend on size of your block as to how many are enough and what electrical work you want and where

I have 2 extra junction boxes on a 2200sqm block but all my external lighting has been provisioned for and Wisdom will install

Our block is about 800sqm so guessing that if I get once junction box at the front and one at the back of the house it should be enough. Do they go on the outside walls of the house?[/quote]

That’ll be fine. We got just the one junction box and it’s for our pool and shed. I think they said 4 double PowerPoints it would do
They will advise you on all this stuff at the electrical appointment though

Handover tomorrow! Can't wait

Finally sent back our DEP after some confusion with door heights. Construction plans have been requested and Demo is underway. CSR predicts construction will start in Jan/Feb.

Our DA approval came contingent with some contributions and a bond, does anyone know if we just go and pay it or does council usually invoice you?
becks81
Finally sent back our DEP after some confusion with door heights. Construction plans have been requested and Demo is underway. CSR predicts construction will start in Jan/Feb.

Our DA approval came contingent with some contributions and a bond, does anyone know if we just go and pay it or does council usually invoice you?

Council should invoice you.
doosra
Handover tomorrow! Can't wait

Woohoo! Just in time for Xmas!
Hi All,

We are comparing quotes with Wisdom Pools vs others and it seems like all the others are coming in 20kish cheaper for an equal pool + equipment.

I'm struggling to justify Wisdom's costs. I've asked them to help me justify it but thought i'd ask here for other people experience?
stevezau
Hi All,

We are comparing quotes with Wisdom Pools vs others and it seems like all the others are coming in 20kish cheaper for an equal pool + equipment.

I'm struggling to justify Wisdom's costs. I've asked them to help me justify it but thought i'd ask here for other people experience?

From what I have seen, Wisdom charges an exhorbitant premium for landscaping and pools. I understand some people value being able to move into a fully completed home, but at these prices it doesn't seem worth it at all.

By the way have you considered putting in a fibreglass pool? They are easier to maintain than concrete and should cost less to install. Also I hear they keep the water a bit warmer than concrete.
Funk52
stevezau
Hi All,

From what I have seen, Wisdom charges an exhorbitant premium for landscaping and pools. I understand some people value being able to move into a fully completed home, but at these prices it doesn't seem worth it at all.

By the way have you considered putting in a fibreglass pool? They are easier to maintain than concrete and should cost less to install. Also I hear they keep the water a bit warmer than concrete.

We need concrete due to the shape.

We are also building 400mm off the house which makes it a bit more complicated
Hi guys, what was the credit to delete standard WIP shelves?
We found wisdom prices not so bad for pool. For pool and pool equipment including electric heating, the cost came to about 54k. Wisdom had 5.5k landscape voucher so it came to probably just under 50k. I got a quote from blue haven and they were more expensive. I would not use them to do anything else as you'll find concreting and other landscape works like tiling much cheaper elsewhere. If u do it after and have no access then it will cost maybe another 9k or so on top for crane.
stevezau
Hi All,

doosra
We found wisdom prices not so bad for pool. For pool and pool equipment including electric heating, the cost came to about 54k. Wisdom had 5.5k landscape voucher so it came to probably just under 50k. I got a quote from blue haven and they were more expensive. I would not use them to do anything else as you'll find concreting and other landscape works like tiling much cheaper elsewhere. If u do it after and have no access then it will cost maybe another 9k or so on top for crane.
stevezau
Hi All,

Ours is the opposite??

For the pool, equipment, heater etc it came to 75k for a 5.5 by 3m pool.. Blue Haven came in at 55k for the exact same
Funk52
stevezau
Hi All,

Would have to disagree on that one.The prices are certainly not that bad. Wisdom do charge a premium for a turn key product as you would expect them to but line their pool and landscaping prices up against mid tier pool builders or landscapes and they are pretty much the same. Absolutely you will get cheaper through places like Narellan Pools or Blue haven and that's great there is nothing wrong with them if thats what you want
I would say Wisdom are also probably priced that way so not everyone does their landscaping through them. I don't they they have the capacity to be looking at small jobs here and there for every single build. You will find its a service they offer the those you are looking for a premium product and are happy to pay so they don't have to deal with the alternative of getting it done themselves afterwards
This was actually one of the reason I chose Wisdom. I only have one throat to choke if there is an issue.
stevezau
doosra
stevezau
Hi All,

Ours is the opposite??

For the pool, equipment, heater etc it came to 75k for a 5.5 by 3m pool.. Blue Haven came in at 55k for the exact same
Do u have a spa? Mine is just a basic rectangle pool and does your price include concreting or decking around pool and supply of tiles etc

Mine is just basic rectangle 7 x 3m pool

Hi everyone!

Our site supervisor invited us to visit the house today since they will be shutting down for Xmas at the end of this week. Here are some progress photos:

Happy to see the sparky in doing the electrical fit out. I turned on a tap and it works hehehe.

I’ve been really nervous about our floors since everything is so white, but I really like the seamless look from our main floors (gloss) to the bathroom (matt)

We are at week 18 since site scrape so it’s been tracking really well. Off the top of my head, there’s only a few items left - flyscreens, carpet, painting, door handles and driveway.. can’t wait!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum