Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 678 of 778
Thanks guys (steve) for clarifying

chz
Cremorne35, Just quickly, how much tile allowance do we get, to use at Di Lorenzo? I read somewhere in this thread as $24/m2 long back.

Other builders provide around $30/m2.

With Eden Brae, you can choose any tiles you want as long as Di Lorenzo claims its standard builders allowance. Its when you try to upgrade to a $45 per sqm tile, then the price difference payable to DL is $45-24=$21 per sqm. If you dont upgrade then $35 /sqm allowance is no different to $24 /sqm.

For additional tiling Di Lorenzo charges $48 per sqm as their labour + they will charge you extra for additional tile & material.
kbhouse
Hasan_S14
kbhouse
Thank you for the info about the OC. Relieved to know that we can get the interim OC in the meantime.

Is it easy to render after the hand over? Any potential issues like certain bricks not being suitable for rendering?

Hi Kbhouse

We have done our render during the building time.
Our site supervisor is very helpful and he recommend his friend who used to work for EBH.
And he allowed his friend to do the renden before handover. Let me know if you need the render person's details.

Here is the picture of our house.

Thanks Hasan_S14!
Wow, would love to have your SS as ours!

Dear Hasan,

How much were your charged to do rendering ? Please provide his details.

Please PM me his number. I will be assigned a supervisor soon and i hope we will get the same supervisor as he allowed the rendering to be done pre handover. Are you tiling with Di Lorenzo or a 3rd party contractor ?

Thank you.
Hi all

I am having a really hard time with Eden Brae asking me to provide them the WAE Stormwater ( they call it : work as executed plan for Storm water ) , My job has been on hold for 3 weeks waiting for council to give me the document, and I will have to pay another $1000 for late fee . It seems that document cost me $1000.

I'm not buying a home and land package , so Is there any of you that being ask for the same document ?

I talked to council and a few of my friends who are building with other builders but none of them being ask for that kind of document. Council told me, normally builder will go and check themselves and none of other purchasers in my estate are looking for that plans coz their builders are taking care of it.

I tried to explained to EBH but my admin Amanda just keep asking that it is owner responsibility to get that doc for them, and even I said to her that I can pay someone to come on the site and check it because I would have to pay $1000 late fee anyway and my house will be delayed as well if I dont have that document on time.

Anyone got the same problem ?
Steven_La
Hi all

I am having a really hard time with Eden Brae asking me to provide them the WAE Stormwater ( they call it : work as executed plan for Storm water ) , My job has been on hold for 3 weeks waiting for council to give me the document, and I will have to pay another $1000 for late fee . It seems that document cost me $1000.

I'm not buying a home and land package , so Is there any of you that being ask for the same document ?

I talked to council and a few of my friends who are building with other builders but none of them being ask for that kind of document. Council told me, normally builder will go and check themselves and none of other purchasers in my estate are looking for that plans coz their builders are taking care of it.

I tried to explained to EBH but my admin Amanda just keep asking that it is owner responsibility to get that doc for them, and even I said to her that I can pay someone to come on the site and check it because I would have to pay $1000 late fee anyway and my house will be delayed as well if I dont have that document on time.

Anyone got the same problem ?

Hi Steven,

Where are you building?

I got my WAE or WAC plan from my developer, who are Stocklands. They were able to supply me with all that information and I gave to EBH.

Paul
Im building at Diamond Estate , Bonnyrigg. My developer was actually Fairfield Council.

I was just trying to ask if EBH has been asking everyone for that document, because Im having a hard time obtaining that document from Council, its been 3 weeks I haven't got it . Running out of time.

My solicitor has got no clue of what it is and the Council guy keeps saying that none of the other purchaser's builder has asked for it, why your builder dont come and check it themselves and ... change the builder lol.

anyways, seems everyone has to get that doc for EBH, then its fine. Hope I can have it next week.

Thanks Paul
Steven_La
Im building at Diamond Estate , Bonnyrigg. My developer was actually Fairfield Council.

I was just trying to ask if EBH has been asking everyone for that document, because Im having a hard time obtaining that document from Council, its been 3 weeks I haven't got it . Running out of time.

My solicitor has got no clue of what it is and the Council guy keeps saying that none of the other purchaser's builder has asked for it, why your builder dont come and check it themselves and ... change the builder lol.

anyways, seems everyone has to get that doc for EBH, then its fine. Hope I can have it next week.

Thanks Paul

Steve,

The WAE plan includes the set out of sewer lines (well mine does) so try Sydney water. They should have copy of this.

Sounds like your builders are pretty slack and not a good sign since you are building with them.

Paul
@Paul

Its because I don't do lots of upgrades with them

I don't do much on kitchen coz their quote was $13k with 40mm stone bench waterfall , poly cabinet, mirror kitchen splashback...

Didn't do much on Aircon, Di lorenzo, PGH, Abey....

But they've got enough since we sign a paper with them
For those who are already in their build, what did the timeline look like when you were advised of completion date, conducted PCI and then moved in?

For those who had issues which Eden brae had to fix, how long did that process take?

And in terms of an independent inspection, when is the best time after completion to get this done?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lincoln, we're 2 months before advised completion date as per contract and had our PCI last week. Identified few items requiring correction / repair and yet to know how long before they will be attended to. We've got independent inspection a few days before PCI, our independent inspector got in touch with the SS and organized the inspection after EBH finished building works and got the property ready for tyrell's inspection. interested to hear from other's about EBH's issue resolution history
Anyone knows any good tilers covering glenmore park area?
homeofjns
Hi Lincoln, we're 2 months before advised completion date as per contract and had our PCI last week. Identified few items requiring correction / repair and yet to know how long before they will be attended to. We've got independent inspection a few days before PCI, our independent inspector got in touch with the SS and organized the inspection after EBH finished building works and got the property ready for tyrell's inspection. interested to hear from other's about EBH's issue resolution history

Hi homeofjns,

Did your independent inspector pick issues up that weren't picked up by Tyrell's ?
Hi guys,
My PCI is tomorrow let's say, if we have some minor/cosmetic issues, can we sign off the PCI(which implies the house is in reasonable condition to leave) and then settle only when all the things are complete?
Or whether not sign PCI as the builder would not bother and delay things in doing as maintainance?
Please advise.

Vennie. That's exactly what we did. We documented ant PCI issues and received a copy of them from our SS. It was agreed what would be done pre-handover (a couple of minor issues we agreed could be done post-handover in the interests of time), and we checked those off at a pre-settlement inspection on the day of settlement. It was 2 weeks between PCI and settlement.

I'd have to say that EB and our SS have been fair with us and we have been reasonable in our expectations of timelines etc.

BelgianBuilder
homeofjns

Hi homeofjns,

Did your independent inspector pick issues up that weren't picked up by Tyrell's ?

Hi BelgianBuilder, I haven't received a copy of Tyrell's report. However my inspector used differently colored stickers for issues needing inspection and looks like he picked up quite a few that weren't picked up by Tyrell's. Mostly painting related, some brick related and few others.
venniechada
Hi guys,
My PCI is tomorrow let's say, if we have some minor/cosmetic issues, can we sign off the PCI(which implies the house is in reasonable condition to leave) and then settle only when all the things are complete?
Or whether not sign PCI as the builder would not bother and delay things in doing as maintainance?
Please advise.

During our PCI there were quite a few issues (mostly minor) identified however were told will be done before handover. We did sign anyway as we didn't want any unnecessary delay. We'll get to know if that was a good decision soon
Today, I got an independent inspector to go thru the house and postponed my Official PCI. He said to me the building is perfect except few major things such as electrical wiring not pinned to the trusses(australian standards) in roof, the insulation batts are not in place as they have been moved by electricians.
Regarding structure /roof/brick laying he said that it was professionally done.
I am happy and glad EBH did a good job for me. This puts my mind at ease.
Eager to move into my new house in 2 weeks time.

Tyrells has not yet passed the qa check on the house .

venniechada
Today, I got an independent inspector to go thru the house and postponed my Official PCI. To be honest I picked up a inspector who is a builders nightmare . But at the end he said to me the building is perfect except few major things such as electrical wiring not pinned to the trusses(australian standards) in roof, the insulation batts are not in place as they have been moved by electricians.
Regarding structure /roof/brick laying he said that it was professionally done.
I am happy and glad Ebh did a good job for me. My Ss was there and he said he will get it done in 4 hours time.
This puts my mind at ease. Eager to move into my new house in 2 weeks time.

Congrats Venniechada!! May I know which independent inspector you hire?

Thanks
Hi Sudu,
His name is Dan and has 40 years experience in building industry.
Do you want his number?

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum