Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 676 of 730
Shire_Synergy
Hi All,
Hope everything is going as smooth as possible for you. It's been two months since we got keys and I've updated some photos if you are interested. Check out the blog for the full set. Enjoy your week.
https://synergy32.wordpress.com/new-house/

Wow Shire Synergy you have done so much work in only 2 months congrats it looks so beautiful. Your pool and back yard is stunning

Can i ask did you buy this lounge from king living

I love the other lounge too

Can you tell me the names (style number) of your lounges this is what I have been looking for. Love them.

Hi Sandra. Yes the media is King Jasper. The lounge room is from Plush furniture and is a Hudson 5 piece plus chaise. Cheers.

Shire_Synergy
Hi Sandra. Yes the media is King Jasper. The lounge room is from Plush furniture and is a Hudson 5 piece plus chaise. Cheers.

Gotta ask which one is more comfortable?

I was going to buy the king living one when it was on special a few weeks ago.

sandra 2016
Shire_Synergy

Gotta ask which one is more comfortable?

I was going to buy the king living one when it was on special a few weeks ago.

Love the King. The chaise is more like a bed and is so soft and comfortable. Very happy with it. The plush is nice and was good value but you can tell the quality of the King.

rainbow05
Hi NJC. On the picture of your front house looks like you do underground rain water tanks.If yes may I ask how many liters the tank is and how much does M cost you? Thanks

Hi rainbow05,

No, it's actually our septic tank as we don't get town sewerage
we have a 5000l slimline tank on side of house

Wow coming together so nicely shire synergy! 2 months went to so quickly

My blog is due for an update soon too so much going on lately! Plus a new puppy hehe

Shire_Synergy
Hi All,
Hope everything is going as smooth as possible for you. It's been two months since we got keys and I've updated some photos if you are interested. Check out the blog for the full set. Enjoy your week.

Interesting setup with the driveway, how much did they charge you for it?
broken dreams
Shire_Synergy
Hi All,

Around $15k

NJC Thanks for quick reply. All the best in your new home
And blog updated for those interested

Shire_Synergy
broken dreams
Shire_Synergy
Hi All,

Around $15k

Cheers!
Looking great Shire_Synergy. You've done so much for a couple of months! Well done.

Sandra2016 - how did your concrete pour go? Would love to see some pics.

We have stormwater plumbing happening on site today.

I have found myself attracting people having bad days, it seems my M experience makes people feel better about their own misery.

M continually forces me to lower my expectations and habitually fails to meet them.

As the rain falls I wonder about leaks and drainage, but I can't even take a look around.
We've had a decent amount of progress in the last couple of weeks. SS just sent us pictures - the stairs have gone in and the doors have been delivered.

Our 200 build days on the contract ran out mid Feb, no end date yet, we're just hoping the new enthusiasm from M continues.

Way to go Gibson!
Fingers crossed for continued momentum.
Is that obscure glass used in your stairwell?

MartinsHarmony
Way to go Gibson!
Fingers crossed for continued momentum.
Is that obscure glass used in your stairwell?

Yes we asked for obscured glass as that window looks over the neighbours' house. So it provides some privacy and gives nice diffused light in the stairwell.

sandra 2016
We had one side of our fence go up today very happy with our installer. Very genuine aussie bloke. He even noticed a piece of rio sticking out of the ground and advised me and placed a brick on it so my little one wouldn't hurt herself when we move in. A job masterton should have removed it already when they cleaned up site. Guess they never even walked on that side

Hi there I am looking for a good fencer. You mentioned you are happy with their work which is great to hear! May I ask who you used? I am building in the South West. Thank you.
Looks great Gibson, like you say ... provides a really nice soft light.

Rox82--

Questions:

The floor boarding upstairs has been exposed to the elements for 3 months+ now and we still don't have a roof. It has started to bow at the joins and we are doing oak floors after handover and I'm worried about the floors being uneven... is there anything I can do?

Are there scheduled inspections that our supervisor should be arranging with us?

The floor has wax mixed in so it will resist some water. They will also sand down the joins to make them level. However if you're concerned raise it with the SS.

No there are no scheduled inspections. If you want a walk through just arrange it with the SS.
If you are lucky the SS will send you updates.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum