Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 676 of 778
Hi guys,
I am having the same issue with steve_la, land has just settled at Edmondson park and ebh said has lodged our DA application 2 weeks ago to Liverpool council, however our da application is nowhere to be found! I checked council da eportal online and also I called up council but the officer said they cant find any da application for my lot.

ebh cso adamant n said they have sent it and takes awhile for council to load, hope they don't just bull.
Anyone can share some experience? I don't want to sound demanding / pushy to the cso but I also need at least try to speed things up. Been paying 7m penalty 1k a month since our land rego been delayed for that long
It took nearly 3 months before my council even knew the paperwork was with them lol! Then they didn't know how to process it because it was at the time that there was a code change...my cso then went to private certifier, which was done in approx 2 weeks.
All the best with it

Sent using Tapatalk
well, building is a big headache with me atm , I am building a single storey and had paid 4 months late fee , they gave me a discount but its still a lot of money to me and to everyone who has the same problem. I dont know if they are going to give me discount again or not .

Thanks PixiGT anyways
Hi Guys

Getting in trouble with my landscape plan again. I didnt do it through EBH because they charge me $800 or so for that .

Tried to draw it myself using Photoshop, but I don't think it is going to be approved by Fairfield Council, because it is too simple .

I have upload it on here so, hope some one could help me a bit by giving me advice or if possible It would be appreciate if anyone could upload their landscape plan .

Thank you so much guys

Hi you need to look at the developer requirements and then follow them with design. You don't need to concentrate on rear of the home to much. I suggest to put less trees/plants at rear because in the future you have option to add more. Usually you put one tree at the back and same shrubs at the front with flexibility to add if you wish. Design is for DA approval only you don't have to do exactly same design later, however the amount of grass and plants etc can't be less then in proposal. Hope that help.
Question re chipped bricks. If the bricks are painted (we have Chocolatta) and they are chipped, does EBH replace each chipped one?

Lincoln35_mckinley
Question re chipped bricks. If the bricks are painted (we have Chocolatta) and they are chipped, does EBH replace each chipped one?

I'll like to know this also.

I believe they fill in the chip and paint over it.
swiftsport
Lincoln35_mckinley

I'll like to know this also.

I believe they fill in the chip and paint over it.

That's what hubby thought too! I just couldn't see them removing each offending brick and replacing them. Surely that's a big job. And the brick work gets very messy so it's very likely that they'll get chipped during the process and cleaning too.
We drive around looking at builds and saw a garage section with almost a quarter chipped away wife asked how they going to explain to the owners, then week after drove past again and it was fixed. I believe they fill it in no way they can remove brick and replace it.

swiftsport
We drive around looking at builds and saw a garage section with almost a quarter chipped away wife asked how they going to explain to the owners, then week after drove past again and it was fixed. I believe they fill it in no way they can remove brick and replace it.

Makes sense. I was able to find this on an older post too:
swiftsport

Hi guys, I'm a little rusty on what would be deemed bad enough to remove/replace in terms of your bricks (independent inspector could fill you in if you have one to call), however just wanted to let you know that bricks can be removed & replaced as needed, when done carefully; I had some bricks removed around the bbq gas bayonet on the side alfresco wall, & they were removed/replaced without issue (job was done due to a gas leak in the wall cavity at that location when the gas was turned on, giving my house a slight ka-boom risk lol).
Good luck with it
Steven_La
Hi Guys

Getting in trouble with my landscape plan again. I didnt do it through EBH because they charge me $800 or so for that .

Tried to draw it myself using Photoshop, but I don't think it is going to be approved by Fairfield Council, because it is too simple .

I have upload it on here so, hope some one could help me a bit by giving me advice or if possible It would be appreciate if anyone could upload their landscape plan .

Thank you so much guys

i was like you, then I decided I couldn't be bothered doing it myself! if you need a professional landscape plan, go try Bluegum Design http://bluegumdesign.com.au they did mine for $395 and it was great. Certainly cheaper than the ridiculous $800 eden brae tried charging me too.
JP19833
Steven_La
Hi Guys

Thank you so much guys

i was like you, then I decided I couldn't be bothered doing it myself! if you need a professional landscape plan, go try Bluegum Design http://bluegumdesign.com.au they did mine for $395 and it was great. Certainly cheaper than the ridiculous $800 eden brae tried charging me too.

Thanks for that, but I have done my one with Nadeen helps, I took me a whole day lol . When I finished my one, I emailed council and they said its acceptable , so saving me a few hundred bucks.
Hi,

I'm very new to the forum (joined just now!).

May I ask...how much is Eden Brae charging for the render finish (part of the house) on your houses?
You can do the rendering after handover as builders normally charge very high.

kbhouse
Hi,

I'm very new to the forum (joined just now!).

May I ask...how much is Eden Brae charging for the render finish (part of the house) on your houses?

Hi Kbhouse

I would suggest do the render after handover.
As EBH will charge you double the price. We been quoted for render $7000 by EBH.
This sounds expensive to me so I didn’t accept that quote.
We had someone from outside and he did the same render for only $3000.
So we saved $4000 which I can use for something else.
All the best..
Thanks so much for your replies!

That's our situation too. EBH is charging over $6000 for 1/3 of the house which I think is way over the top.
The thing is we're far down the track in the admin process. We already have the developer and council approvals and are about to sign off on the final documents.
Is it possible at this point to take it off (ie just a matter of raising a PCV to delete the render), or is it much more complicated than that?
I think this is the just right time to cancel that PCV Kbhouse , I am not sure if they would charge you $150 but I think they dont.
kbhouse

That's our situation too. EBH is charging over $6000 for 1/3 of the house which I think is way over the top.
The thing is we're far down the track in the admin process. We already have the developer and council approvals and are about to sign off on the final documents.
Is it possible at this point to take it off (ie just a matter of raising a PCV to delete the render), or is it much more complicated than that?

Don't forget that if the rendering is part of your DA and developer approval, you will probably not be able to get an occupancy certificate until it is done and certified.
Marko56
kbhouse

Don't forget that if the rendering is part of your DA and developer approval, you will probably not be able to get an occupancy certificate until it is done and certified.

Agreed: the final OC won't be issued till its done if required for DA, but an interim OC would be granted (lasting 3 months)...just have a chat to EBH & they will fill you in when you remove the render
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum