Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 675 of 730
NJC
Well this happened for us today......

Congratulations!

Thank you everyone!
Gibson - all of them are already in except dishwasher. We are doing our own main floor tiling so once that is completed in just under two weeks, M will install the carpet and dishwasher

NJC

Congrats NJC, great news.

Congrats NJC.
Pics please!

Congrats NJC I would love to see pics if you are willing

Thanks everyone we are very excited. I think we've been very lucky with our build. It's finished early, never had big issues and trades always there. I just wish it was the same for everyone.

Here are some pics I took this morning. We have our main flooring being tiled next week plus siliconing finished, week after will be wood fire installed plus our extra electrical. Then move in time

Kitchen

Laundry from kitchen

Laundry

Great room

Living room

Main bathroom

Ensuite

Front of house!

Congratulations NJC! Love your colour choices

NJC - what is your wall colour? And is my memory correct ... your bricks are PGH Stone?

Thanks!
Yes MartinsHarmony - stone brick and wall colour is winter ice. But.... it's three/four coats

NJC
Thanks!
Yes MartinsHarmony - stone brick and wall colour is winter ice. But.... it's three/four coats

We have the same taste NJC. I have winter ice also and same colours in our kitchen

Yes I saw similar colours in your build sandra 2016! That's why we get on so well!

Looks good NJC, thanks for posting pics. I hope your move goes smoothly and enjoy your new home

All the pics look great NJC, congratulations! Thank you for sharing your positive experience too.. its encouraging to say the least
ms_jd
Did anyone sign the building contract at home and mail it back to M? I thought this was a bit strange. Also strange that the insurance expires next month!

In our case the insurance has expired even before the build started. They have to buy a new one and give you a copy.
NJC

Congratulations NJC!
Just have spoken to OFT about my issues and asked them if M are on their register. And it appears they are there for December and November 2016:
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/biz_r ... gister.htm

OFT started publishing the register since July 2016. It helps to make people aware about particular businesses and make the businesses more accountable for their customer service.

I reckon it is an excellent source to check before deciding to go with a particular builder. Hope this helps future M clients to decide.

It also shows, that even though OFT is just a mediation service, the builder would still feel some pain once enough (10 or over people per month) complained.

Congrats NJC ????????enjoy your sweet home.
Hi NJC. On the picture of your front house looks like you do underground rain water tanks.If yes may I ask how many liters the tank is and how much does M cost you? Thanks
Hi All,
Hope everything is going as smooth as possible for you. It's been two months since we got keys and I've updated some photos if you are interested. Check out the blog for the full set. Enjoy your week.
https://synergy32.wordpress.com/new-house/

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum