GLO, it was last night...

bugger,

So what was covered?

Any good info?
GLO
bugger,

So what was covered?

Any good info?

I don't actually have Facebook. I only have Instagram, which is where i saw that post from WH. So i am not sure how it all went!
becks81
spk_homebuild
We are yet to have some final finishes, painting , timber laminate flooring and carpet. Also the drive way is pending.
We are waiting for our SS to give us a PCI date .

spk_homebuild look great!!! Must be pleased to be close to the end?

Did you get increased height ceilings and wardrobe doors?

Thanks becks81. Yes we did increase ceiling heights on the ground floor to 2.7 .
And we added mirror sliders to our wardrobes in 3 of BRs.
singalg
twolittlepeas
aaron2008
Finally completed PCI yesterday. Just few cosmetic issues. Inspector in today.

Our handover set for 4th Dec. Here are some pics.

I will take a moment to thank everyone who answered my questions here. You guys are awesome.

Congratulations aaron2008
Looks awesome and just in time for Xmas!

Looks Fantastic aaron2008, your choices are wonderful.

Received the PCI email to be on or after 27th November. The house has been fully completed several days now, Driveway was supposed to go in last week, but no signs of driveway till date.
Looks like we might be lucky to get a handover on this side or year , if at all, probably just before X-mas, and if the certifier is not happy abt something, there is no bandwidth to provide a fix on this side of year.

We are sailing in the same boat. We do not have a PCI yet. Driveway to go in this week.
Beautiful pics there spk_homebuild.
We have PCI planned tomorrow, driveway was to go in 2 weeks back, but no movement there yet. With rains starting from Wednesday, I think it wont happen this week too

Rest everything complete - with final touchups and cleaning.
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can attach a pdf document to a post? Someone just sent me a useful checklist for PCI. I know some of you are nearing that stage or will be in the future! Thought I would share, as sharing is caring... lol!
ASJ1981
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can attach a pdf document to a post? Someone just sent me a useful checklist for PCI. I know some of you are nearing that stage or will be in the future! Thought I would share, as sharing is caring... lol!

I guess you could
Priyasuresh11
ASJ1981

No. Seems to be as picture or url
aaron2008 and spk_homebuild, thank you for sharing your pics! Your houses are looking beautiful! Best of luck with the upcoming move! singalg, best of luck with PCI today!

manhattan52, how's things at your end? Is there a slab yet?
ASJ1981
@aaron2008 and spk_homebuild, thank you for sharing your pics! Your houses are looking beautiful! Best of luck with the upcoming move! singalg, best of luck with PCI today!

ASJ1981

Yes have a slab, my underground water tank is in and today working on hydraulics and underground services

If all finished this week Frames will be delivered next week

Manhattan52
ASJ1981
@aaron2008 and spk_homebuild, thank you for sharing your pics! Your houses are looking beautiful! Best of luck with the upcoming move! singalg, best of luck with PCI today!

ASJ1981

Yes have a slab, my underground water tank is in and today working on hydraulics and underground services

manhattan52, amazing! You must be feeling relieved now that you are in Construction stage!
ASJ1981
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

ASJ1981

manhattan52, amazing! You must be feeling relieved now that you are in Construction stage!

There have been a few issues however they have been sorted fairly quickly. Nothing done incorrectly or anything like that more in relation to my site. My site supervisor is pretty awesome and such a lovely person.
singalg
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

We are planning to organise a professional inspection for the PCI. Please share your experiences how did you go with it? Is it best to go with the professional inspection during PCI or let them inspect after our PCI. W seems to fix the issues what we identify during PCI.

Thanks

That's great spk_homebuild, Received the official PCI email today with PCI date being 27th November, so expecting handover in second week of December. The house was all complete a week before, just final touch-ups and driveway going in this week.
The date also concerns me that if any issue found by SBAC - not sure if there will be enough time to remediate and get any re-inspections done prior to Christmas.
I know couple of things I need to do that I had decided to do myself to ensure that SBAC approval goes ok (atleast for IOC):
- install clothes line
- install external steps to glass doors of laundry and living, and to back door of garage (as they have a drop of abt 50-60 cms).

Has any one here experienced any delays/issues with SBAC approval? Also, anyone received IOC instead of FOC?
Is there any time limit from IOC when FOC must be obtained?

Thanks.

I'm also expecting keys on the 14th of December. I actually emailed the private certifier who will be looking after the IOC and he said that it's fine NOT to have the stairs coming from the laundry. They just need a signed letter from us advising that we will keep the door closed until we get the stairs installed.

There's a 12 month grace period between IOC and when the FOC is required.
the dream
singalg
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

We are planning to organise a professional inspection for the PCI. Please share your experiences how did you go with it? Is it best to go with the professional inspection during PCI or let them inspect after our PCI. W seems to fix the issues what we identify during PCI.

Thanks

That's great spk_homebuild, Received the official PCI email today with PCI date being 27th November, so expecting handover in second week of December. The house was all complete a week before, just final touch-ups and driveway going in this week.
The date also concerns me that if any issue found by SBAC - not sure if there will be enough time to remediate and get any re-inspections done prior to Christmas.
I know couple of things I need to do that I had decided to do myself to ensure that SBAC approval goes ok (atleast for IOC):
- install clothes line
- install external steps to glass doors of laundry and living, and to back door of garage (as they have a drop of abt 50-60 cms).

Has any one here experienced any delays/issues with SBAC approval? Also, anyone received IOC instead of FOC?

Thanks.

I'm also expecting keys on the 14th of December. I actually emailed the private certifier who will be looking after the IOC and he said that it's fine NOT to have the stairs coming from the laundry. They just need a signed letter from us advising that we will keep the door closed until we get the stairs installed.

Great. Congratulations
the dream
singalg
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

Thanks

- install clothes line

Thanks.

Great news, Thanks @the dream for the re-assurance

We completed PCI today, expecting handover early next week!
ASJ1981

thanks ASJ1981!
PCI went well today, with most of them very minor problems (just cleaning/paint touchups). Only 2 big ones were:
- one missing power point
- ensuite was supposed to have frameless shower instead of semi frameless
Did anyone get the fly screens done by EHI.....considering if I should get it done or post handover if any cheaper

We have 30 to be done
singalg
ASJ1981

thanks ASJ1981!
PCI went well today, with most of them very minor problems (just cleaning/paint touchups). Only 2 big ones were:
- one missing power point
- ensuite was supposed to have frameless shower instead of semi frameless

Congrats singalg so happy for you

Are they changing the shower screen or you are going to leave it and get a credit?
We have done our PCI today. Identified few cosmetic issues. Expected handover on 12th of December.
spk_homebuild
becks81
spk_homebuild
We are yet to have some final finishes, painting , timber laminate flooring and carpet. Also the drive way is pending.
We are waiting for our SS to give us a PCI date .

spk_homebuild look great!!! Must be pleased to be close to the end?

Did you get increased height ceilings and wardrobe doors?

Thanks becks81. Yes we did increase ceiling heights on the ground floor to 2.7 .
And we added mirror sliders to our wardrobes in 3 of BRs.

Good to see how much space on top of the cabinets you now have access to for additional storage.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum