Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 671 of 828
singalg
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

We are planning to organise a professional inspection for the PCI. Please share your experiences how did you go with it? Is it best to go with the professional inspection during PCI or let them inspect after our PCI. W seems to fix the issues what we identify during PCI.

Thanks

That's great spk_homebuild, Received the official PCI email today with PCI date being 27th November, so expecting handover in second week of December. The house was all complete a week before, just final touch-ups and driveway going in this week.
The date also concerns me that if any issue found by SBAC - not sure if there will be enough time to remediate and get any re-inspections done prior to Christmas.
I know couple of things I need to do that I had decided to do myself to ensure that SBAC approval goes ok (atleast for IOC):
- install clothes line
- install external steps to glass doors of laundry and living, and to back door of garage (as they have a drop of abt 50-60 cms).

Has any one here experienced any delays/issues with SBAC approval? Also, anyone received IOC instead of FOC?
Is there any time limit from IOC when FOC must be obtained?

Thanks.

Hi Singalg,

Is clothes line a mandatory item for IOC?

What about fencing? But prior to handover how we can do this?
Priyasuresh11, not sure if clothes line is mandatory for IOC - but it was one of the BASIX requirement. I am not just going through the original Council's DA approval where the email from W also had the conditions for Occupancy Cert listed to ensure there is no delay in getting occupancy.

Going through the documents, I found:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"IF THERE ARE OWNERS WORKS to be completed prior to the issue of an
Occupation Certificate (Driveway, Landscaping, Retaining Walls, Steps) we will
need to obtain an INTERIM certificate that will allow the Lender to release the
settlement funds for handover to occur so that you can complete the Owners
works, once complete we will have you contact either Wisdom or SBAC directly to
arrange an inspection for the release of Final Certificate."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So looks like Steps not required for IOC?? Has anyone been in this situation yet?
singalg
@Priyasuresh11, not sure if clothes line is mandatory for IOC - but it was one of the BASIX requirement. I am not just going through the original Council's DA approval where the email from W also had the conditions for Occupancy Cert listed to ensure there is no delay in getting occupancy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So looks like Steps not required for IOC?? Has anyone been in this situation yet?

Good to know these details.

We have added the laundry and front porch concrete stairs along with the driveway.

Thank you.
singalg
@Priyasuresh11, not sure if clothes line is mandatory for IOC - but it was one of the BASIX requirement. I am not just going through the original Council's DA approval where the email from W also had the conditions for Occupancy Cert listed to ensure there is no delay in getting occupancy.

We have been through this

Clothesline - not required for IOC, only FOC. We don’t have one installed yet.

Fences - not required for IOC, only FOC. We had a rear fence only when our IOC was granted. We still don’t have one of our fences and we’ve been in for over 2 weeks (issue with the neighbouring builder not clearing the boundary
)

Steps - if the doors are over a certain height from the ground (it’s somewhere between 20-30cm, I’ve heard conflicting heights) then a step would be required. For us, our laundry and garage doors are 32cm off the ground and we signed a letter to say we wouldn’t use those doors until we put in a step after handover. This allowed us to get IOC but is listed as a condition before we can request FOC.

With regards to FOC, if you only get IOC for handover then you have 12 months to request the reinspection for FOC from SBAC. After the 12 months, it’s at your own cost instead of Wisdom’s cost.

Basically unless you’re doing your landscaping through Wisdom (lawn, plants, paths etc) then you won’t be able to get a FOC as landscaping is a requirement for it.

Jenifermarie
singalg

Fences - not required for IOC, only FOC. We had a rear fence only when our IOC was granted. We still don’t have one of our fences and we’ve been in for over 2 weeks (issue with the neighbouring builder not clearing the boundary
)

Steps - if the doors are over a certain height from the ground (it’s somewhere between 20-30cm, I’ve heard conflicting heights) then a step would be required. For us, our laundry and garage doors are 32cm off the ground and we signed a letter to say we wouldn’t use those doors until we put in a step after handover. This allowed us to get IOC but is listed as a condition before we can request FOC.

With regards to FOC, if you only get IOC for handover then you have 12 months to request the reinspection for FOC from SBAC. After the 12 months, it’s at your own cost instead of Wisdom’s cost.

Basically unless you’re doing your landscaping through Wisdom (lawn, plants, paths etc) then you won’t be able to get a FOC as landscaping is a requirement for it.

Thank you Jen for the detailed information.
Jenifermarie
singalg

)

Fantastic piece of information! Thank so much Jenifermarie! I can sleep tonight
CS199
becks81
Is it unreasonable to expect that they should mention an internal garage alarm panel and the fact that is can be integrated with the garage opener at your alarm and security consult? I'm extremely annoyed as we're so close to the finish line with admin.

We got our Garage remote opener and House alarm opener integrated into one remote. I think cost is about 200 for integrated remote and extras are 90 so we got 2 of them

Thanks CS199, have you finished construction yet? If so, do you mind posting a picture? So it's a remote (not hard wired) which has a button for the garage and one for the alarm.

Is there any advantage to getting a hard wired control panel in the garage if you've got one at the front door?
Hi guys.

Why my supervisor is saying that driveway is mandatory for PCI? Just because of it so much delays. It had been scheduled on 30th Oct. Still now they didn't do it. We received a letter from W that PCI can happen on or after 27th of Nov.
Every time it is a different reason and only got to know that after the date passed by.... sigh...

Thanks
WisdomHomes
https://www.sitedemolition.com.au/
Hi Manhattan52, our referred partner is Site Demolition (https://www.sitedemolition.com.au/). They are completely independent of Wisdom. We have researched to find a reliable Demolition company that we could refer our clients to provide convenience. If this happens to be the company you are using, please let me know. We have a Service Agreement in place and I can assist.

Regards,

Mark
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys.

Why my supervisor is saying that driveway is mandatory for PCI? Just because of it so much delays. It had been scheduled on 30th Oct. Still now they didn't do it. We received a letter from W that PCI can happen on or after 27th of Nov.
Every time it is a different reason and only got to know that after the date passed by.... sigh...

Thanks

Hi Priyasuresh11, i'm not at your stage yet, but i am 99% sure driveway is not mandatory for PCI as some on this forum have done driveway after handover (some choose to do aggregate, which W don't offer as far as i have read...)
ASJ1981
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys.

Thanks

Hi Priyasuresh11, i'm not at your stage yet, but i am 99% sure driveway is not mandatory for PCI as some on this forum have done driveway after handover (some choose to do aggregate, which W don't offer as far as i have read...)

Hi ASJ1981, Very True. I came to know from others too. But my SS is saying as Driveway has to be completed for PCI now. So even though we get a letter from HO we can't rely on it seems. Already this is the 36th week. They claimed about 31 days in the delay. I couldn't understand that calculation too. Still no handover. How these days are calculated?
Priyasuresh11
ASJ1981
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys.

Thanks

Hi ASJ1981, Very True. I came to know from others too. But my SS is saying as Driveway has to be completed for PCI now. So even though we get a letter from HO we can't rely on it seems. Already this is the 36th week. They claimed about 31 days in the delay. I couldn't understand that calculation too. Still no handover. How these days are calculated?

If Wisdom are doing your driveway, they usually want that done before PCI.
You can also do the driveway yourself after handover (after you get your IOC), if Wisdom aren't involved.
becks81
CS199
becks81
Is it unreasonable to expect that they should mention an internal garage alarm panel and the fact that is can be integrated with the garage opener at your alarm and security consult? I'm extremely annoyed as we're so close to the finish line with admin.

We got our Garage remote opener and House alarm opener integrated into one remote. I think cost is about 200 for integrated remote and extras are 90 so we got 2 of them

Thanks CS199, have you finished construction yet? If so, do you mind posting a picture? So it's a remote (not hard wired) which has a button for the garage and one for the alarm.

Is there any advantage to getting a hard wired control panel in the garage if you've got one at the front door?

We have two separate remotes - one for the garage door (which came with the door) and one for our alarm. Both my wife and myself each have both of these.
I believe that Sentinel can wire the door to your alarm system, so that only one remote needs to be used.
We had a hard wired control panel in our garage in our previous house, but tended to still use the remotes to disarm before opening the garage door. I guess personal choice.
ozmonkeyoy
Priyasuresh11
ASJ1981

You can also do the driveway yourself after handover (after you get your IOC), if Wisdom aren't involved.

Yes. W is doing our driveway. The concern is the driveway dates and the PCI letter has already been sent to me
Priyasuresh11
ozmonkeyoy

Yes. W is doing our driveway. The concern is the driveway dates and the PCI letter has already been sent to me

The PCI letter is auto generated by Wisdom HO. Unless your SS has updated them to advise that PCI will be delayed, this is why you received the letter. We received two PCI letters from HO before our SS arranged a separate later PCI date with us directly.
ozmonkeyoy
Priyasuresh11
ozmonkeyoy

The PCI letter is auto generated by Wisdom HO. Unless your SS has updated them to advise that PCI will be delayed, this is why you received the letter. We received two PCI letters from HO before our SS arranged a separate later PCI date with us directly.

Really? That's really bad. The letter came from my admin representative. How could they do that without coordinating with the team? Doesn't look professional.
Priyasuresh11
ozmonkeyoy

Really? That's really bad. The letter came from my admin representative. How could they do that without coordinating with the team? Doesn't look professional.

I guess that you need to ask the people in charge of the process.
ozmonkeyoy
Priyasuresh11
ozmonkeyoy

I guess that you need to ask the people in charge of the process.

Sure. I will. Thank you.
We just got Council Approval and the next step is waiting for the DEP. However, I am rethinking our Laundry colours. Is it too late in the game to change my benchtop and cabinetry colours? I probably know the answer already, but i have been thinking about it for awhile. Wonder what the repercussions are.. we signed off Kitchen Quote back in May...
ASJ1981
We just got Council Approval and the next step is waiting for the DEP. However, I am rethinking our Laundry colours. Is it too late in the game to change my benchtop and cabinetry colours? I probably know the answer already, but i have been thinking about it for awhile. Wonder what the repercussions are.. we signed off Kitchen Quote back in May...

Be prepared for costs and delays if they accept your changes.

I’m hoping to get my end panel today!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum