Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Metricon Liberty 45 on the Northern Beaches, Sydney

Page 68 of 70
It’s similar designs too ours. We are getting these ones which are in the doulton

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi Vista, the lights for the stairs look great! Did you have to provision cabling for this stairs light during the build?

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
The light was provisioned as part of the standard lighting package. On handover they just fit a globe there but the wiring is long so once you get up there you can pull it through to be reachable from the stairs. From there you make the electrical connections, which for this Chinese fitting was very time consuming, and then you can feed the wire back up through the hole to the void above and mount the fitting.

The fitting is literally full of electrical tape because I wanted to make sure every LED that is fed power is completely secure and won’t dislodge, so every connector is triple wrapped in tape and then each wire is attached to the fitting with tape and all that is taped over too....you get the idea!

Took a whole day and was very awkward but I reckon an electrician would have charged at least a half day’s labour, maybe even a full day?

Next on the shopping list, these little beauties for the island bench....

FOSCARINI CABOCHE

Wow love the chandeliers! Wish I had a void in the house to hang these lights

Quick picture update; pool paving finished with Aquabocci S66 drains, King sofa with Foscarini Caboche pendants and Aquabumps print in the background and a lovely marble table we personally imported from India.

Looks great Vista, hope you are getting good use of the pool at the moment
King sofas are nice

So 20 months after moving in, we still have several items outstanding. We are now running into the “he said, she said” loop and whether work that should have been done 20 months ago is genuine or as a result of us living in the home for so long. Service Technicians seem more interested in denying work needs to be done than actually just getting on with it.

Very disappointing despite the long email chains and evidence of issues that we have. Last chance for them before we engage lawyers.

A question for those with island benches. Does your water flow at the same rate at your island tap as other taps? Ours practically dribbles out, the tap in the Butlers Pantry is 3 times as fast. Metricon have looked at the filter, removed restrictors and sent 2 plumbers over. Still no resolution. Think we just need another tap, this one seems to be restricting flow.

Despite being disappointed with Metricon, we are finally having our cabinetry put in today, it will make such a difference.

Damn, sorry to hear that you're still having issues Vista.
As for our island tap, water flows is exactly the same as any other tap in our house.
Thanks Dulie, whatever they’ve done they can put right. At the moment all I’m getting is shrugging of shoulders and an acceptance it is a low water flow.

Sorry to hear that Vista. We only got handover last week and we are already having issues getting items fixed

Hi Vista. Sorry to hear the challenges continue nearly 2 years later. Despite building million dollar homes, unfortunately they’re a transactional business that chases volume and manages issues by exception (in my experience). We’re finally in now ourselves, numerous grey hairs later.

To your question, yes. No issue with island flow rate. Water pressure across all outlets is poor despite good site pressure, but no inconsistencies as you describe. Good luck getting it sorted and resolving other issues.

Yes, it’s exactly the same here.

20 months since handover and still having Metricon fixing things.

The biggest issue we had were the malfunctioning stacker doors.

Metricon kept insisting they were fine, but we kept arguing that they weren’t.

Anyhow, the doors are now fixed and we’ve finally been able to put our flooring in (we’ve been living on concrete for over 1 and a half years - can you believe it???

And we’ve finally been able to bring our brand new furniture into the house, which has been sitting in the garage since handover because the idiots couldn’t or wouldn’t fix our doors!

Yes, our tap at island bench is very low pressure too. I believe it’s the stupid filter system ( which I never wanted or agreed to anyway).

Glad to see the back of them.
They robbed my family of enjoying our move to a brand new house because of their terrible build quality, and then the constant delays and inconvenience of trying to fix things.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a similarly bad experience. Hopefully these threads will warn others before parting with their hard earned cash. We were lucky during the build with a great Site Manager and we mutually agreed we would move in with some items outstanding. But 20 months would test the patience of a saint!

On the water pressure, it’s definitely not the filter in our case as we removed it completely and still have a low tap flow. We even connected the tap to the adjacent dishwasher supply and it was still low which seems to indicate it’s the tap that’s limiting flow rate. Their mystery to solve not mine.

Thank you, its very trying indeed!

Yes sounds like you’ll be needing a new tap.

Nothing surprises me anymore with these builders.

Hope you find some peace, and everything is fixed ASAP.

VistaDream
So 20 months after moving in, we still have several items outstanding. We are now running into the “he said, she said” loop and whether work that should have been done 20 months ago is genuine or as a result of us living in the home for so long. Service Technicians seem more interested in denying work needs to be done than actually just getting on with it.

Very disappointing despite the long email chains and evidence of issues that we have. Last chance for them before we engage lawyers.

A question for those with island benches. Does your water flow at the same rate at your island tap as other taps? Ours practically dribbles out, the tap in the Butlers Pantry is 3 times as fast. Metricon have looked at the filter, removed restrictors and sent 2 plumbers over. Still no resolution. Think we just need another tap, this one seems to be restricting flow.

Despite being disappointed with Metricon, we are finally having our cabinetry put in today, it will make such a difference.

Hi Vista
what are the other issues you have?
HGMbuild
Yes, it’s exactly the same here.

20 months since handover and still having Metricon fixing things.

The biggest issue we had were the malfunctioning stacker doors.

Metricon kept insisting they were fine, but we kept arguing that they weren’t.

Anyhow, the doors are now fixed and we’ve finally been able to put our flooring in (we’ve been living on concrete for over 1 and a half years - can you believe it???

And we’ve finally been able to bring our brand new furniture into the house, which has been sitting in the garage since handover because the idiots couldn’t or wouldn’t fix our doors!

Yes, our tap at island bench is very low pressure too. I believe it’s the stupid filter system ( which I never wanted or agreed to anyway).

Glad to see the back of them.
They robbed my family of enjoying our move to a brand new house because of their terrible build quality, and then the constant delays and inconvenience of trying to fix things.

what filter system you all are talking about?
Quirmeball1280
Sorry to hear that Vista. We only got handover last week and we are already having issues getting items fixed

Sorry to hear that Q. what are the issues you have.
The water filter I have was the standard filter offered with “premium” homes, made by Water Filters Australia, the Platinum WFA5600. We’ve had the technician from them here already and he removed the filter from the line completely and we still got the low flow rate. So it’s not the filter. It can only be the tap or the pipe is snagged somewhere upstream.

We had a list of nearly 100 items post handover, whittled down to less than 10 now. This now includes a broken tile, split in the wood frame in our front door, door stained the wrong colour on one side, poor finishing on the stained staircase, visible expansion joint in Hebel on balcony, badly finished rubber seals around one window. After 20 months, they could have just got this done rather than argue whether it should be or not.

And watch Vaccarro the electrical fitters too, numerous times I asked them to ensure they fitted the data points to standard 568B and each one has been fitted to standard 568A. Which means changing around two wires in each point but a needless waste of my time, especially considering they charged $125 per point!

On a more positive note, we have the State Building Manager coming on Tues to inspect for himself. I expect liquidated damages for this long delay, what seems reasonable for 20 months?!

Kitchen tap had a filter attachment to the tap.

Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum