Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 664 of 828
We received our CDC approval, however, on a closer look, one of our windows on the CDC approved plans is smaller than what we signed on our submission plans. How common is this? I looked through all the documents but couldn't find anywhere to say why this was changed. I am unsure if someone made a mistake and submitted the wrong window schedule...
Jenifermarie
Exhausting day but we got our keys yesterday

Few small issue still outstanding. Our rain tank is being checked on Monday because it’s leaking and we have a Di Lorenzo rep coming out to inspect some of our tiling we’re not happy with.

Had a locksmith on site because the pins didn’t drop properly on our front door so our key wouldn’t work. He was lovely despite the fact it was nearly 40C and he was working out the back of his truck. I felt terrible for him and our fencers working in that heat.

Have found one major issue that wasn’t picked up at all during our inspections or by the private inspector and that’s that one of our stacker door frames is bowed along the bottom due to slightly uneven bricks. The doors themselves work ok but we had them measured for crimsafe screen doors and they fall off the rails because of the bowing.

I will contact our SS on Monday but I suspect it will have to go on our 90 day maintenance list so there is something to look out for. Definitely a pro for having Wisdom complete your screen doors before handover.

Congrats JM, finally at the finished line.

Enjoy your home.
Jenifermarie

Few small issue still outstanding. Our rain tank is being checked on Monday because it’s leaking and we have a Di Lorenzo rep coming out to inspect some of our tiling we’re not happy with.

Had a locksmith on site because the pins didn’t drop properly on our front door so our key wouldn’t work. He was lovely despite the fact it was nearly 40C and he was working out the back of his truck. I felt terrible for him and our fencers working in that heat.

Have found one major issue that wasn’t picked up at all during our inspections or by the private inspector and that’s that one of our stacker door frames is bowed along the bottom due to slightly uneven bricks. The doors themselves work ok but we had them measured for crimsafe screen doors and they fall off the rails because of the bowing.

I will contact our SS on Monday but I suspect it will have to go on our 90 day maintenance list so there is something to look out for. Definitely a pro for having Wisdom complete your screen doors before handover.

Congratulations Jenifermarie! Must feel awesome to finally get the keys!

Hope they can get the stackers & bricks sorted for you.. I’m a bit worried now because i also opted to do the screen doors after handover. How would they fix bowed stackers??
amf139
Jenifermarie

Congratulations JM! Sorry to hear about the brickwork around your stacker doors, hopefully there will be an easy solution for you. Have fun moving and filling your beautiful new house!!

For everyone else, hang in there!

We are not far behind you with a possible PCI mentioned in around 2 weeks time. We are approaching 52 weeks build patience has most definitely worn out and we are desperate to move in! Driveway should be poured this week as well as turf laid and other landscaping bits.

great to hear amf139, that you are also not far from PCI. As its heading close to Christmas, looks like a few us will be going through PCI over next few weeks.
My driveway is going in next week, and possibly PCI too, so should not be far from handover - most likely within Movember!
Hi guys,

For those that have their final occupation certificate - did your landscaping have to match the landscape plan submitted initially by Wisdom?

We went through CDC and when speaking to the private certifier they said to get approval, the landscaping needs to be EXACTLY as per plan, down to the type of plants. This seems extreme.

Curious to know other people’s experiences?

Thanks!
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone where has construction experience and can help me answer this..

CDC have come back with compliance issues on FSR. We thought this might happen. We need to delete 5 or so SQM.

We were going to create a void by shrinking one of the rooms outer wall (house frame) but not move the brick wall. See below.

Wisdom told us there will be studs and a wall put up but behind it no flooring etc, pretty much a hole.

Question, what's stopping us from trying to get a DA in the future to knock down that wall in the future and installing a wardrobe in that space? I assume we could do it but would need to extend the house frame et?

Jenifermarie

Congratulations jenifermarie for getting the keys. And sorry to hear that there are these issue. Hope Wisdom fixez them for you quick.
Washington29
Hi guys,

For those that have their final occupation certificate - did your landscaping have to match the landscape plan submitted initially by Wisdom?

We went through CDC and when speaking to the private certifier they said to get approval, the landscaping needs to be EXACTLY as per plan, down to the type of plants. This seems extreme.

Curious to know other people’s experiences?

Thanks!

Never heard of that before especially when landscaping done on site is quite fluid. Changes quite easily and often especially with a KDRB. Hard surfaces like paving vs soft surfaces like grass yes but not the exact type of plants
stevezau
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone where has construction experience and can help me answer this..

CDC have come back with compliance issues on FSR. We thought this might happen. We need to delete 5 or so SQM.

We were going to create a void by shrinking one of the rooms outer wall (house frame) but not move the brick wall. See below.

Wisdom told us there will be studs and a wall put up but behind it no flooring etc, pretty much a hole.

Question, what's stopping us from trying to get a DA in the future to knock down that wall in the future and installing a wardrobe in that space? I assume we could do it but would need to extend the house frame et?

We also needed to reduce our floor space by 6 SQM and took a thin slice out the middle of the house

Personally I would keep them void as is after is built as could turn into a expensive wardrobe.
Can anyone share photos of timber steps to yard by Wisdom Landscaping? Could be to side yard or access from laundry....
Kazi
Can anyone share photos of timber steps to yard by Wisdom Landscaping? Could be to side yard or access from laundry....

Hi Kazi. I think we need steps to our front. How many steps do you need and were you already quoted?
Manhattan52
stevezau
Hi All,

We also needed to reduce our floor space by 6 SQM and took a thin slice out the middle of the house

Personally I would keep them void as is after is built as could turn into a expensive wardrobe.

Not sure how expensive it would be, i'm assuming 3-4k to knock down and install new walls etc. Good option to have for future we are thinking,

I think we would prefer to loose out of that bedroom vs shrink the hallways. we will loose the side front door window if we reduce the hallway any more.
ASJ1981
Kazi

Hi Kazi. I think we need steps to our front. How many steps do you need and were you already quoted?
For front concrete steps Wisdom Homes quoted around $3200.

For side yard pine stairs (2 steps), Wisdom Landscapes quoted around $ 830.

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

DA 17 Jan 2018, Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018, kitchen, bathroom tiles, downlights, Aircon 24 Aug 2018
becks81 how are you travelling?
Hi guys, looking at Submission Plans and I see a mention of Retaining Wall and immediately panic because I know these can be an expensive cost. Anyway, can any one tell me if the below looks like it's going to be an expensive job - based on size? Can it be done after handover or does it need to be in place in order to get OC? TIA!
ASJ1981
Hi guys, looking at Submission Plans and I see a mention of Retaining Wall and immediately panic because I know these can be an expensive cost. Anyway, can any one tell me if the below looks like it's going to be an expensive job - based on size? Can it be done after handover or does it need to be in place in order to get OC? TIA!

We had the same on our plan but no one could explain why as our block is pretty much level. It was taken off the plans after we questioned it.
jqcc0
ASJ1981

We had the same on our plan but no one could explain why as our block is pretty much level. It was taken off the plans after we questioned it.

That's what I was thinking - to question it as well because our land is pretty level too. But I thought if the Contour Survey says I need it, then I probably have no choice...
ASJ1981
jqcc0
ASJ1981

That's what I was thinking - to question it as well because our land is pretty level too. But I thought if the Contour Survey says I need it, then I probably have no choice...

It looks like your land slopes 200mm down from right to left over the length of that retaining wall. Can't see whether your house is cut or filled at that point relative to the natural ground level. IF you need a wall it doesn't look like much to me.
Jenifermarie

Yipeee Congratulations Jeni. I have been following your blog all along. Am so happy for you. We are also not far behind .Maybe another 5 weeks into PCI .
Take time get settled and enjoy your new place for all the hard work done since past 2 years .
Cheers to both of you

ASJ1981

Hi all dont worry about those retaining walls on the plan. Most likely things will change anyway depending on whether you would like to do additional cut or fill the side areas. It also depends on what your neighbour will be doing whether cutting/filling/maintain the natural ground level.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum