Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 663 of 730
Congrats Rox82-- she is beautiful! Hopefully those brickies show up sooner rather than later!

Rox82--
Well still no work on the home since before Xmas... we are waiting for brickie apparently that were supposed to start this week but haven't as yet...

In the mean time we have been very busy... little Hannah was born two weeks ago 💕

Congrats Rox82 she is gorgeous. Our brickies came a week after they were booked in. So hopefully not much longer.

Question

M refuse to deliver my appliances until we pay final payment then it takes up to 5 days to start the install after final payment. over 2 days to install appliances. Would you hand over final payment early before my inspectors findings were fixed/repaired just so they can order and install my appliances sooner rather than waiting another week.

They will have to fix all the things seeing its faults my inspwctor picked up am i right

Would you guys hand over final payment early.

ms_jd
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to building and I have been following this thread. Thank you everyone for your posts and blogs, I've found them to be very helpful in getting through this process!
It's been a very stressful process! We have signed and paid our plan preparation fee back in November. We have a 120 day tender period, but now, more than 2 months later, the DA people mentioned that they have just recently received the Architectural plans. The only thing we have done so far is to complete the external finishes sheet. Does it usually take this long to get things going?
Also, did anyone build skylights with Masterton? We were quoted $7,800 for 3 panels, which seems a bit much!

RUN...... while your still sane. Loose the $3900 and find yourself a different builder. Unless you love loads of stress. Thats my opinion wish i had known about this forum existance before i left my 5% just reading this forum i would never have signed with these idiots. You will loose your mind with head office from sales, and pre construction. Although i didnt have a lot of issues with my SS he is inexperienced and i had to chase things wrong all the time including they did not do my butlers pantry to plans they installed my cupboards yhe wrong direction. But i told myself NO MORE STRESS for 2017. So just want this process over. They have not done expansion joins in my tiles and did white grout on floor tiles instead of grey i am not even going to fix grout colour but i will be asking for compensation for it. Could you imagine them on their hands and knees doing grout all over again ?

sandra 2016
ms_jd
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to building and I have been following this thread. Thank you everyone for your posts and blogs, I've found them to be very helpful in getting through this process!
It's been a very stressful process! We have signed and paid our plan preparation fee back in November. We have a 120 day tender period, but now, more than 2 months later, the DA people mentioned that they have just recently received the Architectural plans. The only thing we have done so far is to complete the external finishes sheet. Does it usually take this long to get things going?
Also, did anyone build skylights with Masterton? We were quoted $7,800 for 3 panels, which seems a bit much!

RUN...... while your still sane. Loose the $3900 and find yourself a different builder. Unless you love loads of stress. Thats my opinion wish i had known about this forum existance before i left my 5% just reading this forum i would never have signed with these idiots.

If only it was that easy! We are building a duplex so it was 10K for the plan prep fee..
The sales consultant said the 120 day tender period was to cover the xmas period but I am going to try asking for 5 week extension anyway.

Made some calls and we are finally meeting the DA people in two days *fingers crossed*

10k ffs they know how to rip people off

Make sure u post here if anyone has built the same as you so you know the contract time to build your duplex They added a extra 39 working days to mine compaired to others dont get caught like me.

Yes, seems like they are pretty good at ripping people off!

We are building the Eclipse duplex, if anyone is in the same boat, please let me know!

Congrats Rox82 she's gorgeous
I hope your brickies turn up soon

https://mandgbuildatmulgoarise.wordpress.com/

Yay sandra 2016!
Hubby managed to have a look around our place today. Plumbing nearly complete, garage door is on, water tank to be installed Friday, so looking good for PCI next Wednesday. Looks like our SS has already been through as there are bits of blue tape everywhere! Mainly on the paint job which we are already disappointed with
but as I have said to my husband, the more blue tape the better, it means he is picking up on things on top of what we might see!

Hooray you make it Sandra2016 ???. I am jealous ours still long way they just start concrete slab.Thanks for sending me fencing quotes Enjoy your new home.
Hooray you make it Sandra2016 ???. I am jealous ours still long way they just start concrete slab.Thanks for sending me fencing quotes Enjoy your new home.
Congratulations Rox82 - Baby Hannah is just gorgeous.
Fingers crossed the building gets cracking.

mrs_jd - Whereabouts/what council are you building in? We are building a dual occupancy (house + fully detached larger granny flat) in Lake Macquarie Council. We considered including the 3 gorgeous skylights shown in the display home of the house we are building (Harmony Elite), but the price of them on top of the raked ceiling was too much. I think we told they'd be around $6000 for the 3 velux skylights ... this was about 18 months ago.

Pleased to hear your update Fisher75, but sorry to hear of more issues.

Well done Sandra2016 on handover date #countingdownthedays

Looking forward to hearing about your PCI NJC.

MartinsHarmony we are building in Cumberland Council. Yes, the skylights are crazily overpriced. But just wondering if it will be hard to get the installed post-construction.
How long does it take to build a dual occupancy?

Sandra2016: congratulations!! That's great news

Congrats Sandra!!

Can i ask roughly how long it took everyone to start build once land was registered??

Our land registered last August - almost 6 months ago and we are still at least 2 months off from starting construction, our neighbours are at least half way through their build and we are still waiting on M to get their s**t together

Is this standard M?
Saltwater71
Congrats Sandra!!

Can i ask roughly how long it took everyone to start build once land was registered??

Our land registered last August - almost 6 months ago and we are still at least 2 months off from starting construction, our neighbours are at least half way through their build and we are still waiting on M to get their s**t together

Is this standard M?

Thank you Saltwater71.

We had a registered block when we went to them end oct 2015 took them till mid july to break soil.

FFS just had bank ring me valuator wont release last 2 payments house incomplete to them. 2 shower screens not installed no carpets, appliances or air motor wont release till these are done. Bloody hell what do i do now.

sandra 2016
Saltwater71
Congrats Sandra!!

Is this standard M?

Thank you Saltwater71.

We had a registered block when we went to them end oct 2015 took them till mid july to break soil.

Oh gosh you have more patience than me!

sandra 2016
FFS just had bank ring me valuator wont release last 2 payments house incomplete to them. 2 shower screens not installed no carpets, appliances or air motor wont release till these are done. Bloody hell what do i do now.

Isn't that good? So M hurry up and fix everything?

Saltwater71
sandra 2016

Isn't that good? So M hurry up and fix everything?

Not good at all when dealing with Masterton.
Yes they will do shower screens but they wont install appliances or carpets and who has 50k cash left over after building to pay it myself. Oh well I guess i will say f.... it.

Im not stressing this year. The bank and masterton can fight this one out.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum