Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 662 of 828
becks81
aaron2008
@niles - I am 99% sure W quoted for drop edge. Its the right thing to do.

Not an expert on the subject but did a bit of a research because we had cut and fill more than 1.5m.

1. One of the very strict council - Hills Shire allows cut and fill upto 1.5m, so I am guessing you will be alright without drop edge.

2. If you discuss this with your Sales person she will ask the back office expert to look at your plan from cut and fill point of view and offer you similar solution. I have read that this has happened before.

3. Every one building in NSW require an H1 slab because of the soil condition.

4. I would go for drop edge beams however in your case the cut n fill is less than 1m contact Sales and make an informed decision.

aaron2008 We're getting an M class slab. May I ask how you know that everyone building in NSW requires H class?

I was about to ask the same. We are getting M class slab as well. The class of slab depends on the soil grade. How can we genaralise it to H1 class for entire NSW?
aaron2008, not really. Based on soil condition slab can be H1, M class both in NSW.
Hi everyone,
We received our amended Submission Plans today and this time it is updated based on the Survey, which means i can see now that we need 3 steps to front porch. I hadn't thought about the potential of needing front porch steps as my land looks "fairly flat". Hubby knew there was a slope though... There is also mention of "provide edgebeam to support fill for driveway". Can anyone shed some light on how much these costs?

Can you also tell by looking at these plans how much cut and fill is needed? Sorry for all the questions!
ASJ1981
Hi everyone,
We received our amended Submission Plans today and this time it is updated based on the Survey, which means i can see now that we need 3 steps to front porch. I hadn't thought about the potential of needing front porch steps as my land looks "fairly flat". Hubby knew there was a slope though... There is also mention of "provide edgebeam to support fill for driveway". Can anyone shed some light on how much these costs?

Can you also tell by looking at these plans how much cut and fill is needed? Sorry for all the questions!

If you plan for steps to be done by Wisdom, which you should as the concrete steps need to be connected to slab, best thing would be to discuss and get it included now. Else the steps would be separate and not connected with slab. This sometimes at later stage may get a gap.

We did not know this earlier, now we are getting it done with driveway but first option is always better.

Just adding to help
Kvav27
ASJ1981
Hi everyone,

If you plan for steps to be done by Wisdom, which you should as the concrete steps need to be connected to slab, best thing would be to discuss and get it included now. Else the steps would be separate and not connected with slab. This sometimes at later stage may get a gap.

We did not know this earlier, now we are getting it done with driveway but first option is always better.

Just adding to help

Thank you Kvav27! It says on the plan "steps by owners". If i wanted it included with the slab, i guess i will need to raise a Variation for this. Otherwise it will be brought up when the Landscaping is finalised (after construction starts).
ASJ1981
Kvav27
ASJ1981
Hi everyone,

Just adding to help

Thank you Kvav27! It says on the plan "steps by owners". If i wanted it included with the slab, i guess i will need to raise a Variation for this. Otherwise it will be brought up when the Landscaping is finalised (after construction starts).

raise variation if it you can. It is tough choice later. With slab, it becomes strong.The steps are concrete and hence needs to be connected to main slab. When we reach out at landscaping stage we can only get it done something connected with driveway., or else a structural change.Discuss with people who know about construction and make a choice when you actually have choice
Kvav27
raise variation if it you can. It is tough choice later. With slab, it becomes strong.The steps are concrete and hence needs to be connected to main slab. When we reach out at landscaping stage we can only get it done something connected with driveway., or else a structural change.Discuss with people who know about construction and make a choice when you actually have choice

kvav27, thank you! Great point and thanks for the tip! How much extra was the steps for you?
ASJ1981
Hi everyone,

Hi Asj,

3 years ago our quote or variation cost for edge beam to support driveway was $2500, but we didn't actually need it in our land.

Regards,

Navy
ASJ1981
Kvav27

kvav27, thank you! Great point and thanks for the tip! How much extra was the steps for you?

still waiting for the Quote ASJ1981
Questions on tender expiry, ours is a March expiry. We also have a 3 months additional extension costing $3k. I get that it’s $1k per month, when does that extension kick in? Is it from December or March? And when is “commencement of construction” for a KDRB? Or how long after demolition is considered commencement of construction?

Edited to add:

And when should hydraulic variations be ready? We have had our hydraulic plans maybe 2 months ago, but no variation has arrived. In fact, our CSR said she’s still waiting from costing plumber.
One
Questions on tender expiry, ours is a March expiry. We also have a 3 months additional extension costing $3k. I get that it’s $1k per month, when does that extension kick in? Is it from December or March? And when is “commencement of construction” for a KDRB? Or how long after demolition is considered commencement of construction?

The extension starts from when your tender expires so March is when you’re would start. You need to be in Production estimates for your admin timeframe to complete.

Depends when you demolish as to how long you wait. When you demolish is up to you. I started demolition in mid July when I received CDC approval. Still currently in production estimating.
Hi guys, when does Wisdom shut down in December? And when do they reopen in January?

Just trying to suss our potential timeline. We finally submitted to Council today. I know it takes 4-6weeks - as per CSR. However my Council have been super efficient and approving Plans in 2 weeks (have read from a few neighbors from our estate's whatsapp group page!)
ASJ1981
Hi guys, when does Wisdom shut down in December? And when do they reopen in January?

Just trying to suss our potential timeline. We finally submitted to Council today. I know it takes 4-6weeks - as per CSR. However my Council have been super efficient and approving Plans in 2 weeks (have read from a few neighbors from our estate's whatsapp group page!)

I’m pretty sure they only closed down for a fortnight last year. Finger crossed for you that it goes smoothly
Manhattan52
One

The extension starts from when your tender expires so March is when you’re would start. You need to be in Production estimates for your admin timeframe to complete.

Depends when you demolish as to how long you wait. When you demolish is up to you. I started demolition in mid July when I received CDC approval. Still currently in production estimating.

Thank you.

How long after your hydraulic plans did you receive variation? I keep hearing hydraulics costs being very high so a bit anxious...
One
Manhattan52
One

Thank you.

How long after your hydraulic plans did you receive variation? I keep hearing hydraulics costs being very high so a bit anxious...

Was about a fortnight I believe.
Thanks manhattan52 for that
One
Manhattan52
One

Thank you.

26 days for us. Hydraulics Design received 5 Oct, Variation recieved today.
They needed to get two plumbing quotes and then send to estimating to get the variation done and issued.
Thanks Stukip It’s good that your CSR kept you in the loop and explained what they needed to do to get it done.
One
Thanks Stukip It’s good that your CSR kept you in the loop and explained what they needed to do to get it done.

I had to chase for the info/updates...
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

I’m pretty sure they only closed down for a fortnight last year. Finger crossed for you that it goes smoothly

Thank you manhattan52. Just looking back at my timeline last year. Our last correspondence with Sales Consultant in 2017 was on Dec17, and then received something from HO on Jan 4. So you are right, it's probably about a 2 week shutdown.

If we are lucky to get Council Approval in early December, how long after that should we expect to get DEP? I am hoping to get DEP mid December so we can take our time going through it all. Also, does the Draft End Panel include the Construction Plans as well or do we get that after?

TIA
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum