Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 658 of 828
Chompy
becks81
@Manhattan52 and ASJ1981 any progress this week for you guys??

We are just waiting for DA approval, I suspect this will be my status for a while......

On the upside, we decided against the Gesso tile for our entire ground floor, we went back to CQ last week and met with Georgia who was really helpful and got our quote revised on the same day. We loved the Gesso as a tile but decided it was the wrong finish and shade for our home and we're much happier with our final choice.

Was it the texture of the gesso?

I loved the texture but as a whole floor....we thought it would be a bit much, also worried about the little ones escaping their knees on the slightly rough "linen" areas. Beautiful tile *sigh*
Manhattan52
Chompy
becks81
@Manhattan52 and ASJ1981 any progress this week for you guys??

We are just waiting for DA approval, I suspect this will be my status for a while......

On the upside, we decided against the Gesso tile for our entire ground floor, we went back to CQ last week and met with Georgia who was really helpful and got our quote revised on the same day. We loved the Gesso as a tile but decided it was the wrong finish and shade for our home and we're much happier with our final choice.

Was it the texture of the gesso?

becks81

What did you change to?

We got Elegance Silver Lappato in 600x600, I'll post a pic later, unfortunately the lighting is so bright in CQ that you can't appreciate the difference, or how dark the Gesso Pearl Grey is.
Could anyone let me know how much does Timpelle charge for additional quote? Thanks
Has anyone done a combination of laminate and polyurethane for their kitchen cabinets?? And did wisdom charge for difference in colour of laminate and polyurethane? We need shark edge for the lower cabinets and thats possible only with polyurethane but upper cabinets need not be...so gotta work around this
champs2018
Could anyone let me know how much does Timpelle charge for additional quote? Thanks

champs2018, we were charged $120 for Admin Fee by Timpelle
champs2018
Has anyone done a combination of laminate and polyurethane for their kitchen cabinets?? And did wisdom charge for difference in colour of laminate and polyurethane? We need shark edge for the lower cabinets and thats possible only with polyurethane but upper cabinets need not be...so gotta work around this

We did laminate for the overhead cabinets. Instead of Polyurethane for the base cabinets, we chose a Finegrain finish by Polytec. There was no extra charge for this. Shark edge profile for the base cabinets were $1330.
champs2018

We did shark edge on bottom cabinets and draws but ours are in the polytech woodmatt. Who told you they had to be polyurethane to get a shark edge profile?
Mish018
champs2018

We did shark edge on bottom cabinets and draws but ours are in the polytech woodmatt. Who told you they had to be polyurethane to get a shark edge profile?

Our kitchen consultant told us shark edge is possible only with polyurethane..with laminate it will not be possible to have good finish..
ASJ1981
champs2018

We did laminate for the overhead cabinets. Instead of Polyurethane for the base cabinets, we chose a Finegrain finish by Polytec. There was no extra charge for this. Shark edge profile for the base cabinets were $1330.

Cool..finegrain is what I am looking for too..thanks
ASJ1981
I just noticed on my Submission Plan another issue... we are building The Washington. The standard is leisure and alfresco have window. We turned this into a stacker door to open up space and create flow. So our Tender has 2340mm high aluminium stacker door to Leisure/ Outdoor Leisure in lieu of standard window. Now i notice we didn't increase the height to the other stacker door to Dining/Alfresco. Surely they can't be side by side and have different heights? I'm sure they won't let that happen, right? Will this be picked up by the drafting team? And if so, will they automatically raise a variation for it?
ASJ1981,
Being very close to PCI I have just noticed that our stacker doors are 2140mm while the ceiling is 2740mm!

It's such a shame that none picked this at any stage. I was certain that all doors downstairs would be 2340mm since it was mentioned to us and therefore all hinged doors have been upgraded to 2340mm height. Then why got stacker doors left out?? What's the point to have low height stacker doors while other doors are higher to keep harmony with higher ceiling!

My feedback for Wisdom will be to discuss windows and doors clearly in an appointment.

I wish I would have picked it up like you ASJ1981.

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

DA 17 Jan 2018, Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018, kitchen, bathroom tiles, downlights, Aircon 24 Aug 2018
Need some help with kitchen colors plz..I am very bad at it but I am looking at a grey white and black combo...our benchtop is intensewhite colour, flashback is coal, we decided to go with white polyurethane before but now that we plan to do a combination of laminate and polyurethane..I am looking at zincworks laminate for upper cabinets and riga zinc from polytec for bottom cabinets.. does intense whìte benchtoo with coal flashback and zincworks/riga zinc cabinets go well??
Attaching flashback, benchtop and white polyurethane and our floor laminate..plz suggest

champs2018
Need some help with kitchen colors plz..I am very bad at it but I am looking at a grey white and black combo...our benchtop is intensewhite colour, flashback is coal, we decided to go with white polyurethane before but now that we plan to do a combination of laminate and polyurethane..I am looking at zincworks laminate for upper cabinets and riga zinc from polytec for bottom cabinets.. does intense whìte benchtoo with coal flashback and zincworks/riga zinc cabinets go well??
Attaching flashback, benchtop and white polyurethane and our floor laminate..plz suggest

Hi, you have great choices. Trust your instinct

We chose the same flooring - Nordic Oak. We have a monochrome palette in our kitchen too, black/white/grey. The below two pics were our inspiration when doing our Selections.

Our base cabinets are shark edge profile like the second pic and in Black Finegrain finish. Chose the Finegrain finish for the texture.

ASJ1981
champs2018

Hi, you have great choices. Trust your instinct

We chose the same flooring - Nordic Oak. We have a monochrome palette in our kitchen too, black/white/grey. The below two pics were our inspiration when doing our Selections.

Our base cabinets are shark edge profile like the second pic and in Black Finegrain finish. Chose the Finegrain finish for the texture.

Thanks ASJ1981..yeah I am behind similar style so chose white matt finish first for cabinets but now thinking of zinc..black draws look awesome too..but I am not sure if Zinc gets along well
Kazi
ASJ1981
I just noticed on my Submission Plan another issue... we are building The Washington. The standard is leisure and alfresco have window. We turned this into a stacker door to open up space and create flow. So our Tender has 2340mm high aluminium stacker door to Leisure/ Outdoor Leisure in lieu of standard window. Now i notice we didn't increase the height to the other stacker door to Dining/Alfresco. Surely they can't be side by side and have different heights? I'm sure they won't let that happen, right? Will this be picked up by the drafting team? And if so, will they automatically raise a variation for it?
ASJ1981,
Being very close to PCI I have just noticed that our stacker doors are 2140mm while the ceiling is 2740mm!

It's such a shame that none picked this at any stage. I was certain that all doors downstairs would be 2340mm since it was mentioned to us and therefore all hinged doors have been upgraded to 2340mm height. Then why got stacker doors left out?? What's the point to have low height stacker doors while other doors are higher to keep harmony with higher ceiling!

My feedback for Wisdom will be to discuss windows and doors clearly in an appointment.

I wish I would have picked it up like you ASJ1981.

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

DA 17 Jan 2018, Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018, kitchen, bathroom tiles, downlights, Aircon 24 Aug 2018

Hi Kazi, I wondered myself how Wisdom tackled situations like mine because I would have imagined many instances where windows and stacker doors heights may have been missed! You may have seen my post after the one above where I posted a pic of the house plan they give me at Tender where the stacker doors did not have the codes. It would have been very difficult to pick up - It wasnt on the plans.

I did tell Mieke when I spoke to her that for most first time builders, it is something we dont know to look at. I didnt even know the codes/numbers represent the height and width!

All our hinged and cavity sliding doors were upgraded to 2340mm in Tender. For some reason both parties - Wisdom and ourselves missed the windows and one of the stacker doors.
champs2018
Mish018
champs2018

Our kitchen consultant told us shark edge is possible only with polyurethane..with laminate it will not be possible to have good finish..

Polytec will give you a better finish edge than Laminate if that helps
GLO
MandM+4
On the topic of window coverings I’d recommend screen doors are done by W. We got ours post handover and unfortunately our stacker door frames were installed incorrectly during the build, so screen doors can’t be installed until the frames are fixed. It’s been ok but now the weather is warming up it’s becoming a pain not being able to leave the doors open.
Plus we have $2500’s worth of screens sitting useless in our garage.

What went wrong?
And which screen doors did you put for?

I'm planning on having my retractable screens on the inside rather than the outside.

I think they usually leave spacing for flat-screen tracks on the outside but I'm worried and keen to hear what went wrong?

The screen door tracks aren’t level, they dip in the middle therefore screen doors fall out as you slide them across.

Jenifermarie
We had a really successful PCI inspection this morning. No major issues found by our private inspector or us.

Nearly everything was cosmetic - paint and plaster touch ups, redoing some tiling where the grout lines are uneven, fixing some scratches on the polyurethane in the kitchen, replacing some bathroom mirrors as we had requested wall to wall mirrors.

The hallway was about the worst space and it still doesn’t have many marks.

Inspector picked up a couple of bricks to be replaced and some render to be redone and we found some missing dimmer switches.

Handover is pencilled in for 2nd November. Only our neighbour blocking access for our final gutter install is a problem at this point that might delay our IOC.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/

great news Jenifermarie!
Have you applied for IOC yet, or is it W who will apply IOC on your behalf?
singalg
Jenifermarie
We had a really successful PCI inspection this morning. No major issues found by our private inspector or us.

Nearly everything was cosmetic - paint and plaster touch ups, redoing some tiling where the grout lines are uneven, fixing some scratches on the polyurethane in the kitchen, replacing some bathroom mirrors as we had requested wall to wall mirrors.

Inspector picked up a couple of bricks to be replaced and some render to be redone and we found some missing dimmer switches.

Handover is pencilled in for 2nd November. Only our neighbour blocking access for our final gutter install is a problem at this point that might delay our IOC.

great news Jenifermarie!

Wisdom do it on our behalf. They had the inspector going through this afternoon but our SS expected a few things would need to be done still before they will approve it so we will most likely have another inspection later this week.

Jenifermarie
singalg
Jenifermarie

great news Jenifermarie!

Wisdom do it on our behalf. They had the inspector going through this afternoon but our SS expected a few things would need to be done still before they will approve it so we will most likely have another inspection later this week.

Hi Jenifermarie,

Did W inform you the handover date?
Jenifermarie
singalg
Jenifermarie

great news Jenifermarie!

great, thanks Jenifermarie
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum