Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 654 of 778
venniechada
Hi bb,
I have upgraded mine to balmoral pb 1 and it costed me $170 per door . The flush doors which builders provide are of $20 to $24 .

Wow! Bit more than I thought they'd cost. I think still it's worth the upgrade though.
Hi bb, I have looked around the lowest I would get outside was $150 dollars which is in shepparton victoria and $188 in brisbane. Still I paid more compared to others.

Hi Steven__LA,
We are going for waterfall. The reason is not for appearance/ambience. It is more for safety, we have three yr old and as you know with little ones they always do something what you least expect them to do.
How much does it cost for 40 mm, I heard waterfall is about $1250 for 20 mm. Not sure if that's right price.
Regards
Desibloke

Hi All,
Did any one opt for fan /light (dual) point with Edenbrae. How much do they charge for point?
Regards

Hi All,
I have never used free standing cooktop/oven thing. Wondering is it better than the cabinet mounted one?
Please ignore my ignorance
Regards

Desibloke
Hi All,
I have never used free standing cooktop/oven thing. Wondering is it better than the cabinet mounted one?
Please ignore my ignorance
Regards

Hi Desibloke, I have installed a freestanding unit in this build, however I have built-in top & oven (separately) in my home where I live. I prefer a freestanding unit as it's easier to replace/work on if needed, rather than having to remove from cabinetry to repair/replace. Cleaning the top I find easier with a built in unit, because food can't drop down in between the freestanding stove & the kitchen bench. However, I prefer the freestanding when cleaning underneath (for eg, when something might spill over when cooking inside the oven & I spill it trying to get it out).
The only other thing I notice is when stirring fast on the stovetop, a freestanding stove can wobble a bit, even when secured to the wall behind, but otherwise overall I prefer freestanding over the long term as its easier to work on or replace

Hope that gives a bit of info that's helpful

Sent using Tapatalk
Hi all! Got my electricity bill from construction site. $320~ for 85 days? Does that sound right?

On a happy note, we're done with bricks and expecting to get roof done this week and cladding next week.

Thanks PiXi.
They are providing smeg as free standing and looks like venini is their built in. I have to see if they are selling anything else. My appointment is in couple of weeks.
Regards

ketchuplslouise
Hi all! Got my electricity bill from construction site. $320~ for 85 days? Does that sound right?

On a happy note, we're done with bricks and expecting to get roof done this week and cladding next week.

Hi ketchuplslouise, from what I recall, the majority of my bills were roughly less than half that for similar timeframes. What's your energy rate? I'm guessing it couldn't be hugely different to my supplier, though...

Are you building 2 storey, as maybe they've needed to run different equipment on your site..? Your SS will know if they have had to use anything that takes a lot of electricity to operate (Mine was single storey).
What would be of interest is the blocks beside/around you - would it be necessary to consider or investigate power theft? This can be a common practice, unfortunately. It may be worth having a look at how all the sites are running around yours, if you can't account for the cost from your block alone. I will have a look at my bills/tariff when I get a chance to give a clearer comparison

Sent using Tapatalk
Finally the fence is up....

PixiGT
ketchuplslouise

Hi ketchuplslouise, from what I recall, the majority of my bills were roughly less than half that for similar timeframes. What's your energy rate? I'm guessing it couldn't be hugely different to my supplier, though...

Are you building 2 storey, as maybe they've needed to run different equipment on your site..? Your SS will know if they have had to use anything that takes a lot of electricity to operate (Mine was single storey).
What would be of interest is the blocks beside/around you - would it be necessary to consider or investigate power theft? This can be a common practice, unfortunately. It may be worth having a look at how all the sites are running around yours, if you can't account for the cost from your block alone. I will have a look at my bills/tariff when I get a chance to give a clearer comparison

Sent using Tapatalk

Extra info: my build supplier was Origin, I paid roughly 22c/kWh, making my usual bills (in which the bill periods usually were between 74-103 days), costing between $~70 - $~120, including supply charge. Usage was between 38kWh in the shortest/quietest bill cycle, to 152kWh in the longest/busiest bill cycle (amount of power used).
Hope that helps, all the best with it

Sent using Tapatalk
Desibloke
Hi Steven__LA,
We are going for waterfall. The reason is not for appearance/ambience. It is more for safety, we have three yr old and as you know with little ones they always do something what you least expect them to do.
How much does it cost for 40 mm, I heard waterfall is about $1250 for 20 mm. Not sure if that's right price.
Regards
Desibloke

Sorry, how is the waterfall edge safer? I have a 2.5yo and so far has not been injured by our non-waterfall bench...

Desibloke
Hi All,
Did any one opt for fan /light (dual) point with Edenbrae. How much do they charge for point?
Regards

In the bathrooms there are two switches as standard for fan and light with or without windows. Our internal toilet just has the one switch to operate the light and fan. Is that what you mean?

shellaw24
Desibloke
Hi All,
Regards

In the bathrooms there are two switches as standard for fan and light with or without windows. Our internal toilet just has the one switch to operate the light and fan. Is that what you mean?

In ensuite & bathroom I have 3 switch block for fan/light/heat units..? In laundry I have 4 switch block for outdoor corner of house/outside laundry door/light/exhaust fan

Sent using Tapatalk
PixiGT
shellaw24
Desibloke
Hi All,
Regards

In ensuite & bathroom I have 3 switch block for fan/light/heat units..? In laundry I have 4 switch block for outdoor corner of house/outside laundry door/light/exhaust fan

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah ive also got a switch for the heat lights in the bathrooms, I don't really know what the original question is quite getting at anyway

shellaw24
PixiGT
shellaw24
[quote="Desibloke"]Hi All,
Regards

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah ive also got a switch for the heat lights in the bathrooms, I don't really know what the original question is quite getting at anyway

[/quote]
Oh, the penny drops lol! Maybe it's fan/light combos in the bedrooms..? Or maybe other rooms (not the bathrooms)..?
would that be right?

PixiGT
shellaw24
PixiGT
[quote="shellaw24"][quote="Desibloke"]Hi All,
Regards

Sent using Tapatalk

[/quote]
Oh, the penny drops lol! Maybe it's fan/light combos in the bedrooms..? Or maybe other rooms (not the bathrooms)..?
would that be right?

[/quote]
I still don't get it cos the fan light switch is just standard in the bedrooms too lol you get a fan, you get the switch to operate it too...

[/quote]
I still don't get it cos the fan light switch is just standard in the bedrooms too lol you get a fan, you get the switch to operate it too...

[/quote]

What I gathered from our electrical appointment is that - if you have them install the a ceiling fan/light combination in a room, it includes the separate switch...However, if you are just having them install a batten holder and intend to install a fan/light combo yourself afterwards, you have to have them make a provision for a second switch (as it requires additional cable to be pulled to the switch...
BelgianBuilder

[/quote]

What I gathered from our electrical appointment is that - if you have them install the a ceiling fan/light combination in a room, it includes the separate switch...However, if you are just having them install a batten holder and intend to install a fan/light combo yourself afterwards, you have to have them make a provision for a second switch (as it requires additional cable to be pulled to the switch...[/quote]
Hi BelgianBuilder,
Just wanted to kindly clarify your post: either way (whether you get/don't get the fan/light installed thru EBH) the switches are separate for the light and for the fan...is that right ..?

Sent using Tapatalk
PixiGT
BelgianBuilder

What I gathered from our electrical appointment is that - if you have them install the a ceiling fan/light combination in a room, it includes the separate switch...However, if you are just having them install a batten holder and intend to install a fan/light combo yourself afterwards, you have to have them make a provision for a second switch (as it requires additional cable to be pulled to the switch...[/quote]
Hi BelgianBuilder,
Just wanted to kindly clarify your post: either way (whether you get/don't get the fan/light installed thru EBH) the switches are separate for the light and for the fan...is that right ..?

Sent using Tapatalk[/quote]
That's right PixiGT.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum