Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 651 of 828
Great outcome ASJ1981
Ninsta
NENO241
All those who built a Majestic, did anyone flip the theatre & guest? Also bed 2 for upper lounge?

@NENO241 We flipped the upper lounge, Bed 2 and Lounge.

What size Wisdom are you building?
NENO241
Ninsta
NENO241
All those who built a Majestic, did anyone flip the theatre & guest? Also bed 2 for upper lounge?

The only major structural change we made was to close off the laundry so the only entrance from the laundry into the house is through the butlers pantry. This gives us a larger laundry area which is also hidden with access to the garage. This cost very little to do, probably about $1.5k.

What made you choose the 45? We originally looked at the 35 and 38 but found the bedrooms to be too small, so settled on the 40. I wish the home theatre was a bit longer though, ours is about 4.3m.
Funk52 main reason for 45 bc of the bedroom size being larger.
Does anyone have a picture of what the sliding doors and handles look like from Wisdom? Their displays are not the standard.
stevezau
Does anyone have a picture of what the sliding doors and handles look like from Wisdom? Their displays are not the standard.

I like your house plan? Are you building a Majestic? Can you share the final plans in a PM?
NENO241
stevezau

I like your house plan? Are you building a Majestic? Can you share the final plans in a PM?

sent a screenshot.
becks81

We have extended our alfresco and have suddenly started to consider fans and heating. Where do you think we should place them? Will have BBQ fitout to the right as you exit the dining. Thinking furniture will mostly be near the BBQ.

becks81 Wow, amazing on the extended alfresco area.

Has anyone added a rear balcony on their plans just out of interest?
M4bath
becks81

We have extended our alfresco and have suddenly started to consider fans and heating. Where do you think we should place them? Will have BBQ fitout to the right as you exit the dining. Thinking furniture will mostly be near the BBQ.

We’ve gone with the optional balcony on the Manhattan 52 design but with glass balustrades as opposed to brick. We did have to increase the height and translaminate on one side though to provide privacy. Balcony served to maximise the views we have to the rear.
ChizCake
M4bath
becks81

We’ve gone with the optional balcony on the Manhattan 52 design but with glass balustrades as opposed to brick. We did have to increase the height and translaminate on one side though to provide privacy. Balcony served to maximise the views we have to the rear.

We didn't get the plan of what the default balcony would be (size, door, brickwork etc). We tried to stick with CDC and W guideline says we should keep within 12m2 so that's what we have.

For a general balcony, how far up does the brick work go up? When do you install the privacy screen and is that through W or post hand over? I'll try to check back at previously posted plans to search for any balconies.

ChizCake, I'll send you a PM
We got our PCI date today
scheduled for 22nd October so fingers crossed for handover around 5th November.

Only real issue we are aware of is our neighbour has had scaffolding up for 6 months that is blocking access for Wisdom to fit our downpipes on our garage and we have been advised we can’t get our occupancy certificate until they’re done.

Neighbour isn’t being very helpful at all, just claiming it’s almost done then doing nothing. Great start to that relationship

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Jenifermarie

Only real issue we are aware of is our neighbour has had scaffolding up for 6 months that is blocking access for Wisdom to fit our downpipes on our garage and we have been advised we can’t get our occupancy certificate until they’re done.

Neighbour isn’t being very helpful at all, just claiming it’s almost done then doing nothing. Great start to that relationship

Great news regarding PCI Jenifermarie! Finally, the long journey comes to an end!
Just wondering, why did W leave downpipes for garage till so late? is that generally the case?
singalg
Jenifermarie

Great news regarding PCI Jenifermarie! Finally, the long journey comes to an end!
Just wondering, why did W leave downpipes for garage till so late? is that generally the case?

Not at all, the neighbour has had the scaffold up since March when we our frames went up. Wisdom has never had access to install them.

We only got contact info for the neighbour last month after I ambushed him while I was visiting the site. They’ve never displayed builder information and councils won’t give out neighbour details anymore.

M4bath
becks81

We have a master balcony. I can post a pic tomorrow, hands full at the moment.
Jenifermarie congrats 👍🏻 To think my house is a full year behind you. Don’t we all wish our houses can be done ... yesterday. Lol 😂

becks81 - thanks for the offer. Looking forward to seeing your balcony plans.
Jenifermarie how frustrating! But congratulations on a date!!
Jenifermarie

Congrats Jen! May I ask if you have gas and sewerage connected yet?

Our PCI was a month ago and we still haven’t had handover. We have a recycled water company servicing our area and connection has been delayed. AGL have also stuffed up on our gas connection. Wisdom applied in Oct last year but makes me wonder why it took so long to chase up! Not keen to be moving in without hot water but hoping it will get sorted quickly. Current date for keys is Wed but I’m suspecting the wet weather could delay this again. ☹️
M4bath
becks81

We are going with the enclosed optional balcony on the Ambassador 36 off the master (which makes it about a 39). From memory it was about 18k for the balcony and 7k for the screens (3 screens at the rear and 2 on one side). We have a park behind our house and get some city views but like the option of being able to close it off for privacy.
NENO241
Ninsta
NENO241

NENO241 we are building the 35 but added a meter to the side of the home office/theatre/master.
ChizCake
Jenifermarie

Congrats Jen! May I ask if you have gas and sewerage connected yet?

Our PCI was a month ago and we still haven’t had handover. We have a recycled water company servicing our area and connection has been delayed. AGL have also stuffed up on our gas connection. Wisdom applied in Oct last year but makes me wonder why it took so long to chase up! Not keen to be moving in without hot water but hoping it will get sorted quickly. Current date for keys is Wed but I’m suspecting the wet weather could delay this again. ☹️

I assume sewerage must be connected because the tradies are using our toilets! Or I certainly hope it’s connected.

Gas I don’t know. I was expecting that to be a last minute item because the appliances aren’t installed until the end.

Are you building in a new development or KDRB?

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum