Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 648 of 929
Thanks for all the nice remarks people's, it's just nice to finally see it all together. We didn't have the fastest build but I rather quality over speed so for all those that are lacking in progress hold tight cause it will be worth it

Jayjay84
Thanks for all the nice remarks people's, it's just nice to finally see it all together. We didn't have the fastest build but I rather quality over speed so for all those that are lacking in progress hold tight cause it will be worth it

Thanks Jayjay. Your kitchen looks great. We are having Cavia Lini in our kitchen as well, so hopefully it looks as good as yours!

KandRCH
Wow loving all the progress and awesome photos!!
Jayjay so excited for you..kitchen is amazing..congratulations and all the best

Elisen you're finally at the end of this crazy ride..enjoy
can't wait to get there as well!!!!

I can't wait to be at the end and be holding those precious keys in my hand! I'm so over the whole thing! But doesn't help we've been living with my parents....

Love you kitchen jay jay. I love the mirror splash back!

debba_p
Love you kitchen jay jay. I love the mirror splash back!

Thanks. That was a last minute variation outside of contract. We were suppose to have glass but changed our mind last minute. Thank god for that

The mirror splash back looks awesome..so glad we chose it as well

Love the kitchen Jayjay! It all works beautifully! We have chosen the mirror splash back to and so glad because it looks amazing! What colour is your bench top?

Quick drive by this morning when dropping daughter off at school.
Downpipes are in!
Painting has started (early). Painter was at the front working on the cladding and painter at the back working on eaves, so going along nicely.

Looks like should all be on track for the scaffolding to come down Monday. At some stage the bricks were to be cleaned which I imagine would of been prior to painting, but didn't look at the bricks so couldn't tell. Hopefully that has been done.
Hi guys,

I had the surveyor in today, he said ours slopes 1.44m side slope. How much approx for site costs am I up for you think? I guess I need drop edge beams and retaining walls?

I budgeted for $40000 for site costs is this fair?

Cheers,
K.
k3nnis
Hi guys,

I had the surveyor in today, he said ours slopes 1.44m side slope. How much approx for site costs am I up for you think? I guess I need drop edge beams and retaining walls?

Cheers,
K.

Clarendon won't do retaining walls in Queensland so they will be an extra you have to organise yourself potentially. We had a one metre fall on our block and what the retaining walls were on the plan versus what we needed after the site cut were two different things. Unfortunately this means more work now after handover for us. I can't remember what our site costs were.

ok thanks. Fingers crossed for a value below $40000
So this happened today....

MinandB
k3nnis
Hi guys,

Cheers,
K.

Clarendon won't do retaining walls in Queensland so they will be an extra you have to organise yourself potentially. We had a one metre fall on our block and what the retaining walls were on the plan versus what we needed after the site cut were two different things. Unfortunately this means more work now after handover for us. I can't remember what our site costs were.

They don't do retaining walls in NSW either, so your retaining walls will be an extra cost on you above the site costs... And what MirandB said is sooo true - what retaining wall heights are with survey vs what they end up being once the land has been cut are 2 very different things.... Clarendon over cut out land, which meant more bloody work for us post handover...
Lizzy083

Oh beautiful concrete! I can't wait to be doing this in a couple of weeks!
Concrete looks fantastic Lizzy!!
Lizzy083

Hi Lizzy. May I ask what specific colour concrete that is called? It looks lovely.TIA
KLB
Dear Clarendon, read my blog post. *frustrated*

https://bellaviabuild.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/frustration-sets-in/

Way to go KLB! I must admit I've also resorted to capturing all our frustrations and issues in our blog. Certainly has attracted some attention and has definitely kept Clarendon honest.
Lizzy083
So this happened today.... [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-

Hi Lizzy083, wow, can't imagine how you must feel with the concreting done! Congratulations! Hopefully were not too faaaaar behind - lol
Who do I speak to for retaining walls? Can Clarendon help us source someone to do it?
gandn
Lizzy083

Hi Lizzy. May I ask what specific colour concrete that is called? It looks lovely.TIA

Would love to know the colour as well Lizzy.
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum