Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 647 of 828
Ninsta
Hi guys, long time lurker on here as most of my questions have been found in this thread. Ive held back a bit on voicing my opinion on here but I think I have hit my limit with my frustrations with the Wisdom admin process.
We had our colour appointment back in mid June and are STILL waiting on these to be finalised. 4 months on. Some of the guys have been great but other have had me pulling my hair out. We had a lot of back and forth on our kitchen as we signed our tender on an old promo and the quotes coming back had charges for the inclusive items. Then every time we signed a variation and it had an error on another point or other variations were missed and had to be resigned. I think all up we are about $3-4k over what we thought was our complete quote (not PA) for our kitchen.
We now have had 2 instances where we have items included as part of a promotion or vouchers in our contract but are now being told they are not included.
On contract signing our CSR told us we would hear from her each week, even if its just to check in. So far it has been a lot of our chasing her for updates or reply to emails! We waited 2 months for a variation to be sent through to change an external sliding door to a window.
I honestly can not wait to see the back of the whole admin process.

I wouldn't worry too much. Your file progress isn't being held up by the appointments not being finalised. What vouchers are you referring to and who is saying they are no longer valid? If its in your contact it is.

At what stage are you up to in regards to your plans.
Manhattan52
Ninsta
Hi guys, long time lurker on here as most of my questions have been found in this thread. Ive held back a bit on voicing my opinion on here but I think I have hit my limit with my frustrations with the Wisdom admin process.
We had our colour appointment back in mid June and are STILL waiting on these to be finalised. 4 months on. Some of the guys have been great but other have had me pulling my hair out. We had a lot of back and forth on our kitchen as we signed our tender on an old promo and the quotes coming back had charges for the inclusive items. Then every time we signed a variation and it had an error on another point or other variations were missed and had to be resigned. I think all up we are about $3-4k over what we thought was our complete quote (not PA) for our kitchen.
We now have had 2 instances where we have items included as part of a promotion or vouchers in our contract but are now being told they are not included.
On contract signing our CSR told us we would hear from her each week, even if its just to check in. So far it has been a lot of our chasing her for updates or reply to emails! We waited 2 months for a variation to be sent through to change an external sliding door to a window.

I wouldn't worry too much. Your file progress isn't being held up by the appointments not being finalised. What vouchers are you referring to and who is saying they are no longer valid? If its in your contact it is.

Not sure where we are up to exactly with our plans as we are still waiting on our CSR to let us know. All that we have been told is that they are waiting for all our our canvas quarter quotes to be finalised.
We are still waiting on our land to register - 6 months overdue now, but wisdom have been able to access the site and complete soil tests etc.
Im not so much worried that we potentially are behind in the process its more the frustration that its taking so long to get a final cost. We thought when we signed off on our kitchen quote months ago that was it. If we had know that another couple of thousands would have been added on in the coming month I would have rethought some of the original options we signed off on.
We were charged for PU cupboards in our kitchen when this was part of our promo - had to argue that. Turns our the package changed and the took out the PU cupboards and replaced with solar. We reverted back to the PU cupboards.

We have $5.5k voucher to spend with Wisdom Pools in our contract but Wisdom Pools do not want to honour it!
Mish018
twolittlepeas
NENO241
Not sure when you were offered your promo but the one I was offered is the Bradford 5kW Solar chargepack with Telsa Powerwall 2 battery. Though I don't know what the difference is so keen to hear from anyone who's taken up this promo and if it meant extra panels for houses of 40sqm and over. I would assume so, therefore would like to understand what extra to provision.

We chose the solar package, however our experience with it was a mess.
We were asked to choose the solar package or the 15K Wisdom credit prior to signing the tender, so I assumed there would be some sort of consultation (like how you have a separate air con consult) but there wasn't.

Your colour consultant is the person who should be discussing it with you. Make sure you bring it up during your colour selection appointment and make sure they have included it in your Basix.

For us, it seemed to be missed. After all our selection appointments, I emailed our CSR about it, she said I need to speak to our colour consultant, who said that we would be charged a redraw fee as we would have to redo our basix.

As for adding more panels, the colour consultant referred me back to my CSR, saying I'm done with my colour selections and adding extra panels would also affect our basix and incur admin fee.. so annoying. This would be my only complaint about Wisdom. We were not properly informed about the solar package. We were not given an opportunity to add extra panel variation since our basix was already submitted, and was discouraged from adding panels by advice of an admin fee.

So I tried to revert and get our 15K Wisdom cash instead. Ended up getting a call from Mieke (by that point, we just got CDC approval) so cancelling the solar package would mean having to go back and redoing basix and extra delays. She also explained that the solar panels is not needed for CDC approval. The first time i saw the solar panels is first set of construction plans (after signing off draft end panel).

You get 20 x 280W Panels, the Zever inverter and the Tesla battery. We are building a 24sq home. My husband seems really excited about it so I hope the solar package pays off while we walk on our standard range tiles. lol.

I think the 15K Wisdom credit is better. Choose nicer tiles or get more upgrades. The costs really do add up in the end. Solar can always be done after handover.

A redraw fee for a product you have elected they supply but failed to discuss with you at your colours appointment? Your colour consultant should have had your entire file at the appointment and should have gone through each and every aspect of your home which is not dealt with by appointment with an external supplier. This is appalling and I would be raising this with the general manager. Why should you pay a redraw fee for their error?

Yeah, we didnt pay a redraw fee. Mark contacted me after seeing my posts on this forum, and subsequently, Mieke called to answer all my unanswered questions.

We chose not to change anything since we had received cdc approval. Making changes/cancelling solar at that stage would incur that redraw fee, add on 5-10 weeks delay and possibly not meet basix requirements.
NENO241
twolittlepeas
NENO241
Not sure when you were offered your promo but the one I was offered is the Bradford 5kW Solar chargepack with Telsa Powerwall 2 battery. Though I don't know what the difference is so keen to hear from anyone who's taken up this promo and if it meant extra panels for houses of 40sqm and over. I would assume so, therefore would like to understand what extra to provision.

We chose the solar package, however our experience with it was a mess.
We were asked to choose the solar package or the 15K Wisdom credit prior to signing the tender, so I assumed there would be some sort of consultation (like how you have a separate air con consult) but there wasn't.

Your colour consultant is the person who should be discussing it with you. Make sure you bring it up during your colour selection appointment and make sure they have included it in your Basix.

For us, it seemed to be missed. After all our selection appointments, I emailed our CSR about it, she said I need to speak to our colour consultant, who said that we would be charged a redraw fee as we would have to redo our basix.

As for adding more panels, the colour consultant referred me back to my CSR, saying I'm done with my colour selections and adding extra panels would also affect our basix and incur admin fee.. so annoying. This would be my only complaint about Wisdom. We were not properly informed about the solar package. We were not given an opportunity to add extra panel variation since our basix was already submitted, and was discouraged from adding panels by advice of an admin fee.

So I tried to revert and get our 15K Wisdom cash instead. Ended up getting a call from Mieke (by that point, we just got CDC approval) so cancelling the solar package would mean having to go back and redoing basix and extra delays. She also explained that the solar panels is not needed for CDC approval. The first time i saw the solar panels is first set of construction plans (after signing off draft end panel).

You get 20 x 280W Panels, the Zever inverter and the Tesla battery. We are building a 24sq home. My husband seems really excited about it so I hope the solar package pays off while we walk on our standard range tiles. lol.

I think the 15K Wisdom credit is better. Choose nicer tiles or get more upgrades. The costs really do add up in the end. Solar can always be done after handover.

Thank you so much for this insight! Definitely appreciated as it feels like you're going blind sometimes! I will definitely keep this in mind.

You're welcome! It's like that isnt it, I still feel blind lol

Have you tried using the calculator on the Bradfords solar website? that might give you some idea of which solar package your home needs.
Ninsta
Manhattan52
Ninsta

Not sure where we are up to exactly with our plans as we are still waiting on our CSR to let us know. All that we have been told is that they are waiting for all our our canvas quarter quotes to be finalised.
We are still waiting on our land to register - 6 months overdue now, but wisdom have been able to access the site and complete soil tests etc.
Im not so much worried that we potentially are behind in the process its more the frustration that its taking so long to get a final cost. We thought when we signed off on our kitchen quote months ago that was it. If we had know that another couple of thousands would have been added on in the coming month I would have rethought some of the original options we signed off on.
We were charged for PU cupboards in our kitchen when this was part of our promo - had to argue that. Turns our the package changed and the took out the PU cupboards and replaced with solar. We reverted back to the PU cupboards.

We have $5.5k voucher to spend with Wisdom Pools in our contract but Wisdom Pools do not want to honour it!

Why has your package changed? You mean the live boldly package?
Did you get PU cupboards to your whole kitchen? as PU to upper cabinets were an upgrade for us.
Considering length of rental to facilitate our KDR, what is a realistic timeframe from demolition to completion of new house ready to move in, given the build contract is 44 weeks? Hoping not to have to sign a 12 months contract just in case we can move back earlier...
One
Considering length of rental to facilitate our KDR, what is a realistic timeframe from demolition to completion of new house ready to move in, given the build contract is 44 weeks? Hoping not to have to sign a 12 months contract just in case we can move back earlier...

You would definitely need to sign a 12 months lease. I demolished my house when I received CDC approval and has been 3 months since then. Have just gone into production estimates.

This is how it worked out for me all docs were sent back same day.

1. Demolition time
2. After demolition a site check needs to occur ( it took a week for someone to come out)
3. After site check if no issues levels check by surveyor ( this took a week)
4. After site levels draft end panel was ordered ( this took 7 weeks for me)
5. After draft end panel construction plans are ordered ( 3 weeks for me)
6. After construction plans signed off the end panel ordered ( took a week for me)
Waiting for the End Panel, should be ready by tomorrow. Then we will finally start building our Manhattan 52 (modified to about 58sq). Has anyone else built a Manhattan 52 with the Diplomat facade? What was your total build time? Would be interested to see photos and hear about the progress of the build.

I want to do some changes to the electrical, adding a few things. Has anyone done any changes while building the house? Not sure what Wisdom would say but I'm thinking of asking the electrician on site.
Magnus
Waiting for the End Panel, should be ready by tomorrow. Then we will finally start building our Manhattan 52 (modified to about 58sq). Has anyone else built a Manhattan 52 with the Diplomat facade? What was your total build time? Would be interested to see photos and hear about the progress of the build.

I want to do some changes to the electrical, adding a few things. Has anyone done any changes while building the house? Not sure what Wisdom would say but I'm thinking of asking the electrician on site.

I am building the M52 with Diplomat Facade. Just gone into production estimates.
twolittlepeas
Ninsta

Why has your package changed? You mean the live boldly package?
Did you get PU cupboards to your whole kitchen? as PU to upper cabinets were an upgrade for us.

It apparently changed between our Prelim Sales Quotation and our Contract and the change wasnt pointed out to us in the contract signing stage. What confused us was that some of the older original Live Boldly promos were still left in the contract.
We signed to the package from June 2017 and it included PU base cabinets and tone tone design - we upgraded to the riven finish on the upper cabinets.
Manhattan52
Magnus

I am building the M52 with Diplomat Facade. Just gone into production estimates.

We are in construction atm (roof stage) Asked them to move a power point in the alfresco area and they said that will be 1K admin fee. Told them to forget it. Due to their unreasonableness and our terrible admin experience, we’ve decided not use them for any landscaping as well.
Magnus

Hi Magnus

We built a M52 in 2017.
You will have next to no luck convincing a tradie onsite to make any changes to Wisdoms plans. They will refer you back to SS or Wisdom admin where as noted above will charge you the admin fee for EACH change.
The fun and games continue in maitenance post build as well.

Hopefully you have a good experience with both.

Oz

A friend of ours just had handover 2 weeks ago, building with another builder. Their SS was amazing. He went above and beyond during their Construction. They had a few things they wanted moved or tweaked or changed and what not, and he delivered most of their requests without having to go through the admin process all over again. It was under his discretion. Of course it had to be reasonable as well.

I keep hearing about the frustration in Wisdom's admin process and it makes me anxious now because we are now getting to the nitty gritty of admin and I'm already getting frustrated.
Manhattan52
One

You would definitely need to sign a 12 months lease. I demolished my house when I received CDC approval and has been 3 months since then. Have just gone into production estimates.

1. Demolition time
2. After demolition a site check needs to occur ( it took a week for someone to come out)
6. After construction plans signed off the end panel ordered ( took a week for me)

Thanks. I was hoping the process might be quicker. Probably my wishful thinking as friends were in rental for exactly 9 months before moving into their new house, but they used a different builder. Domenic did suggest that the 44 week build time was the contract time, suggesting it might not take that long.

I always forget about the time between demolition and start of build at W taking longer. Our neighbours with another builder from demolition to slab in a month.
One
Manhattan52
One

1. Demolition time

Thanks. I was hoping the process might be quicker. Probably my wishful thinking as friends were in rental for exactly 9 months before moving into their new house, but they used a different builder. Domenic did suggest that the 44 week build time was the contract time, suggesting it might not take that long.

I always forget about the time between demolition and start of build at W taking longer. Our neighbours with another builder from demolition to slab in a month.

Juggling demolition time can be a bit tricky. Also services have to be abolished first so if you have gas in the house at the moment can take up to 28 days for gas provider to turn off.
One

You should sign for 12 months! We just clocked over 3 years!!! Our contract is 36 weeks, we are upto 47/48 weeks!!
Magnus

Also building a M52, custom facade, modified floorplan. Build time is currently 47 weeks, contract was 36 weeks.
Manhattan52
One

1. Demolition time

One, agree with Manhattan52. Our house was demolished mid February, and we are expecting a handover pretty much Nov End/early Dec when we were on a 30 week contract. And to be honest, this is when we did not have any dramas/delays (thankfully) on anything such as things not in stock or any build issues or something else, and we steered clear of Christmas holidays, with not too many rainy days(probably just a couple...) when externals were being carried out.
singalg
Manhattan52
One

1. Demolition time

One, agree with Manhattan52. Our house was demolished mid February, and we are expecting a handover pretty much Nov End/early Dec when we were on a 30 week contract. And to be honest, this is when we did not have any dramas/delays (thankfully) on anything such as things not in stock or any build issues or something else, and we steered clear of Christmas holidays, with not too many rainy days(probably just a couple...) when externals were being carried out.

Thanks.
Manhattan52
Magnus

Exciting times Manhattan52 where are you building?
We're building in Kellyville at Top View Estate off Arnold Avenue. Can't wait to get this ball rolling.
Have you done lots of alterations? We ended up picking the same colour scheme as the display home. Looks great.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum