Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 646 of 730
S-VE
So much for appliances delivered yesterday ready for install today.

Oven and stove arrived

Dishwasher, range hood, hot water system didn't show up. Apparently coming tomorrow. Still don't know when the aircon is coming.

Zoom in on the left side of the oven and see the chunk taken out of my wall from the electricians installing the oven

Looking great S-VE

S-VE ... I know you are frustrated by the process - you are limping across the finish line. But your place is really looking great if that's any consolation.

In a fortnight you'll be enjoying Christmas in your new home.

We've just hit a problem
we arranged our own water tank and gave the slab measurements to Masterton. The measurements were correct in our contract that we signed but not on the construction plans which we signed. Has anyone had this happen before? Did Masterton fix it without problems?

No aircon for another week

MartinsHarmony
What area are you building in Jol0?

In the parramatta area, Cumberland council (old Holroyd council area).

Living tiles started today cant get a better picture through the window.

My site remains unlocked and windows wide open after several complaints about this it to management it remains the same a unsecured peoperty.

I have emailed Mr Masterton today about my journey and have heard nothing so far.

Looking good Sandra.
I was so close to choosing that same floor tile - would love pics when tiling complete. Your colours are coming together well. Can you post a pic of your floorplan? Is your granny flat attached or detached?

MartinsHarmony
Looking good Sandra.
I was so close to choosing that same floor tile - would love pics when tiling complete. Your colours are coming together well. Can you post a pic of your floorplan? Is your granny flat attached or detached?

Thanks sure it is an attached granny. Will send pics of floor tiles as soon as i obtain an inspection with my SS.

MartinsHarmony
Looking good Sandra.

Granny Kitchen plans

Sandra2016 House is looking fantastic your bricks are similar to mine (truffle)

marina12
Sandra2016 House is looking fantastic your bricks are similar to mine (truffle)

Thanks Marina12 yes i love my bricks my ones called chiffon.

A few pics from us as we start the deliveries. Very happy with carpet choice. Move in Saturday.

Shire_Synergy
A few pics from us as we start the deliveries. Very happy with carpet choice. Move in Saturday.

House looks great, we will be around tomorrow to test that beautiful pool out lol

Shire_Synergy

What happened to your tiles is that where your shower screens will go (see pics)

sandra 2016
Shire_Synergy

What happened to your tiles is that where your shower screens will go (see pics)

Yes, they stuffed all our showers up. Put plastic hobs down on frameless shower screens. WTF. Have to redo, hopefully this week.

DONT TRUST YOUR BUILDER

My builder took advantage of me being a single mother and first time builder. They added 39 extra working days to my contract than others when asked they cannot explain why. I didnt know this when i signed my contract.

My answer is they did not want to pay me my $50 per day when they went over their contract time. If these days were not added I WOULD HAVE MY KEYS FOR CHRISTMAS too.

Seems they hand keys over to imcomplete houses only if they are paying $50 per day damages.

5 weeks shutdown @ $50 per day is alot so you will get your incomplete house if your happy to take your keys after dealing with idiots so long.

All we need is

Door handles
Bathroom mirrors
Shower screens to get our keys.

Everyone i speak to thinks this is cow manure as keys can be done without these. We cannot even get a PCI. So the delay after christmas break will also happen.

I have also found out from some office people that my suppliers were cancelled to come and do my job before christmas by my SS.

IF YOU COMPLAIN TO YOUR BUILDER about their mistakes, double charges, house not being done to plans beware they will make your life a misery and treat you unfairly and DENY you your rights to get your keys.

Mr Masterton failed to reply or acknowledge my email to him.

I'd have to disagree with a lot of the negative comments on this forum.

Pre-construction was not pleasant, and did drag on for months. There were issues with drafting but everything was amended before construction. I must say it was a process id rather forget. Speaking to numerous people, who are or have built with other builders, I can see it is all much the same.

However, construction has been great, and my SS is amazing. Although he does not contact me as often as I would like, there is always progress on site, be it every two days or so. If there are mistakes, he either picks up on it himself, or has it rectified the next day when pointed out by me.

Ask me how I feel about construction early next year, and my thoughts may change, but at the moment we are happy.
Jasonm1

Pre-construction was not pleasant, and did drag on for months. There were issues with drafting but everything was amended before construction. I must say it was a process id rather forget. Speaking to numerous people, who are or have built with other builders, I can see it is all much the same.

However, construction has been great, and my SS is amazing. Although he does not contact me as often as I would like, there is always progress on site, be it every two days or so. If there are mistakes, he either picks up on it himself, or has it rectified the next day when pointed out by me.

Ask me how I feel about construction early next year, and my thoughts may change, but at the moment we are happy.

You must be one of the lucky ones.

You must have a older site supervisor not one in his 20's lacking knowledge. Your supervisor must be one of the few that likes his job and takes attention to detail.

Yes will be happy to know if you feel the same when your closer to the end of your build or that supervisor leaves.

Maybe if your family was left paying another 6 grand in rent instead of moving into your house because of only the reason of no shower screens or mirrors and been charged $12 grand to remove excavation soil on a flat block and only told about this 2 days before excavation (now we need soil to level) triple charged on bricks when you were told they were $1200 for upgrades, Said we never wanted a Haven granny when our Tender stated haven, tryed to charge me $6 grand bush fire levy where im not in a bush fire zone, put a power point at my sink, put in butlers pantry cupboards not as per drawn plans, FAIL TO GET UPDATES FROM MY SUPERVISOR i have to chase updates constantly, weeks without trades, 39 working days added to my contract than others, the list could go on and on but im over these builders and if i want to vent its my right to do so just like the ones that are happy with their builder may also feel free to praise them.

But im also happy that at least they are doing the right job for some people.

sandra 2016
Jasonm1

You must be one of the lucky ones.

You must have a older site supervisor not one in his 20's lacking knowledge. Your supervisor must be one of the few that likes his job and takes attention to detail.

Yes will be happy to know if you feel the same when your closer to the end of your build or that supervisor leaves.

Maybe if your family was left paying another 6 grand in rent instead of moving into your house because of only the reason of no shower screens or mirrors and been charged $12 grand to remove excavation soil on a flat block and only told about this 2 days before excavation (now we need soil to level) triple charged on bricks when you were told they were $1200 for upgrades, Said we never wanted a Haven granny when our Tender stated haven, tryed to charge me $6 grand bush fire levy where im not in a bush fire zone, put a power point at my sink, put in butlers pantry cupboards not as per drawn plans, FAIL TO GET UPDATES FROM MY SUPERVISOR i have to chase updates constantly, weeks without trades, 39 working days added to my contract than others, the list could go on and on but im over these builders and if i want to vent its my right to do so just like the ones that are happy with their builder may also feel free to praise them.

But im also happy that at least they are doing the right job for some people.

My supervisor is actually quite young, and I do agree with you. Errors and constant neglect on their side should be displayed to the public, however they should also be praised for their good work.
Hi All,

Did anyone select the SX45 Savoy front door?
Looks like this ...

I'd love to see it 'in real life' on a home.
Thanks.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum