Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 633 of 862
Seriously not happy with porter davis at the moment, their sales service is very bad.
It takes them weeks to get back to me for quotes, i asked them few logical re-calulation questions and quotes and almost a month later i am still waiting.

This is a joke all they care about is paying a deposit and pushing you to sign a contract shortly after but they can't make sense with things they are charging. You would think that a customer looking at paying $300k-$350k to Build would at least get some quick answers But No since this is my first build and i reserved my land they think i am in the bag.

I am not sure if i got a very poor salesperson or it's a company culture but if that is how they act in to sell their product i will not take my chances with them during build. I am looking at other builders now at least they are sharp,quick and on point when they get back to me.

I do however would like to thank all the posters in this thread i have learned many things for a first builder
all i got to say is read what they are charging you for very carefully and compare with other builders.

Please understand though there are many good experiences some of you had with the company and had a smooth journey from sales to handover but i am not getting the good journey and is stuck at the beginning and my patient is running out if not ran out alltogether.
way2funky
Seriously not happy with porter davis at the moment, their sales service is very bad.
It takes them weeks to get back to me for quotes, i asked them few logical re-calulation questions and quotes and almost a month later i am still waiting.

This is a joke all they care about is paying a deposit and pushing you to sign a contract shortly after but they can't make sense with things they are charging. You would think that a customer looking at paying $300k-$350k to Build would at least get some quick answers But No since this is my first build and i reserved my land they think i am in the bag.

I am not sure if i got a very poor salesperson or it's a company culture but if that is how they act in to sell their product i will not take my chances with them during build. I am looking at other builders now at least they are sharp,quick and on point when they get back to me.

I do however would like to thank all the posters in this thread i have learned many things for a first builder
all i got to say is read what they are charging you for very carefully and compare with other builders.

Please understand though there are many good experiences some of you had with the company and had a smooth journey from sales to handover but i am not getting the good journey and is stuck at the beginning and my patient is running out if not ran out alltogether.

Admin can be like that with all builders. Have you exchanged money yet? They're not forthcoming with information if you haven't.
Usually when money has exchanged it lets them know your serious about building with them. Now if you have done this just see another Sales Consultant. If asked tell them you didn't get any response.
Best of luck with your build
way2funky

Ours was a little like that but always answered our questions and booked in times to discuss everything just be pushy is what I say
Emmz70
way2funky

Admin can be like that with all builders. Have you exchanged money yet? They're not forthcoming with information if you haven't.
Usually when money has exchanged it lets them know your serious about building with them. Now if you have done this just see another Sales Consultant. If asked tell them you didn't get any response.

Our experience was the complete opposite.. Our sales guy went 300% to get something we were happy with, and once we paid our deposit, we had to keep going back via him to get any responses from the rest of the business...

Even when we pulled out of our build and requested our deposit refunded, we had to go through our sales guy to get any correspondence replied to...

lizbf85
Hi all

I know youve had some success with reaching people at pd when your just not getting a response. Who is this and how do we get ahold of them???
Weve had enough. The standard of service is appalling. We have been given a fill in who is not only hopeless but is never reachable. Only ever emails if at all .. they never make sense then refuses to answer their phone... the other person is just as bad. My husband has left messages for the manager who also never called back.

How can they say this is acceptable service.
No matter how many calls or messages left we just get nothing.

We are really regretting this decision and are fed up!!!

You should private message team PD on here they tend to responsed really quickly
Emmz70
way2funky

Hi Emmz70,

Nah i haven't exchanged money yet, but not forthcoming with information on initial quote is not very encouraging. Maybe i should try another sales consultant because i am not feeling this one. I am also speaking with henley at the moment for a similar build and their response i must say is better.
way2funky
Emmz70
way2funky

Hi Emmz70,

Nah i haven't exchanged money yet, but not forthcoming with information on initial quote is not very encouraging. Maybe i should try another sales consultant because i am not feeling this one. I am also speaking with henley at the moment for a similar build and their response i must say is better.

Good idea
when we were with PD we had a good SC. Unfortunately we had to swap builders but still love their homes. Hope you have a better admin experience soon
Our SC was excellent, our SS was pretty hopeless at first but has improved ... it's the building coordinators who seem to let them down across the board.

Hey Emmz,

Hopefully i will have a better luck with a different SC, thanks for your tip.
thewoodies
Our SC was excellent, our SS was pretty hopeless at first but has improved ... it's the building coordinators who seem to let them down across the board.

I can maybe tolerate SS being a bit hopeless but SC is the first contact and how customers test the water. I will try my luck with a different SC and see how i go.
way2funky
thewoodies

I can maybe tolerate SS being a bit hopeless but SC is the first contact and how customers test the water. I will try my luck with a different SC and see how i go.

Very true, the beginning is where you start using your hard earned cash and they'd have to be pretty damn good before you depart with it
way2funky
thewoodies

Hey way2funky I would recommend trying a new sales consultant some of them are full of attitude and some are willing to help every step of the way
help!! i know someone on here mentioned to me once when i was going to tender to make sure that PD didnt front load progress payment schedule... well i asked this Q at tender and was told it was all in line....

next minute.. our valuataion has been completed and been warned that the front loaded PP are in fact not in line with industry and legislative reqiurements... anyone else found this
Question....?
all our plaster has been completed and the cornices are in. what comes next in anyones exprience? the cabinets or painting? how long does it usually take for the painting from start to finish? we have the same colour everywhere. and correct me if im wrong they spray 2 coats and the roll the last as touch ups?
lizbf85
help!! i know someone on here mentioned to me once when i was going to tender to make sure that PD didnt front load progress payment schedule... well i asked this Q at tender and was told it was all in line....

next minute.. our valuataion has been completed and been warned that the front loaded PP are in fact not in line with industry and legislative reqiurements... anyone else found this

No never had an issue at all with the bank. we have Schedule 3 - Method 2 (if you have recieved your final contract/tender docs) which is the standard fixed progress payments for each stage. Maybe depending on which bank they might have more strict guidlines... we are with ANZ and didnt have an issue.
lizbf85
Hi all

I know youve had some success with reaching people at pd when your just not getting a response. Who is this and how do we get ahold of them???
Weve had enough. The standard of service is appalling. We have been given a fill in who is not only hopeless but is never reachable. Only ever emails if at all .. they never make sense then refuses to answer their phone... the other person is just as bad. My husband has left messages for the manager who also never called back.

How can they say this is acceptable service.
No matter how many calls or messages left we just get nothing.

We are really regretting this decision and are fed up!!!

Hi lizbf85,

I apologise for the above as your calls should have been responded to. Please either private message me on this site or call direct on 1300 799 105 and I will have your concerns followed up ASAP.

Regards, Joanne
way2funky

Hi way2funky,

Please private message me on this site with your contact details or call me on 1300 799 105 and I will look into this matter for you.

Regards, Joanne
Hi to all.

We are in the process of selling our beloved house after 8 years and are 99% sure we will build again, this time we are thinking PD as we LOVE the Charlton 33 with a few of the options added. We just have to wait and see what we can get for our current house as to how many options we can afford!
Our first build was with a volume builder so we know that is is not all smooth sailing but we are hoping that PD are as good to deal with as "M" was and the finished product will be of an equally high standard.
We have time on our side, so I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how others are getting on with their builds and I am so excited by the thought of all the colour and product choices again.

I may now have to consider changing my user name.
First_Timer_Ray
Hi to all.

We are in the process of selling our beloved house after 8 years and are 99% sure we will build again, this time we are thinking PD as we LOVE the Charlton 33 with a few of the options added. We just have to wait and see what we can get for our current house as to how many options we can afford!
Our first build was with a volume builder so we know that is is not all smooth sailing but we are hoping that PD are as good to deal with as "M" was and the finished product will be of an equally high standard.
We have time on our side, so I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how others are getting on with their builds and I am so excited by the thought of all the colour and product choices again.

I may now have to consider changing my user name.

Welcome to the PD thread. Best wishes with the process ahead!
lizbf85

The HIA contract standard contract that PD give you clearly states not to sign the contract if the progress payments have been altered unless its a really expensive home...and a couple of other reasons. The following page in the contract says that the progress payments will be changed. For 95% of the houses you don't need to pay the changed progress payments (or in other words, front-loaded PP).

Just say no and the BC's manager can do a Post Contract Variation to change it back.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum