Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 632 of 828
kingofnowhere
In kitchen upgrades, I have seen some of you change the default free standing Cook top oven to separate cook top and oven wondering why is it so ? Is it better to have them separate instead of a single unit?

It’s personal preference.

We are doing a side by side oven (yes 2 of them) and changing our Cooktop to the Ilve 94+1 Induction cooktop with Wok Gas burner on the side.

https://www.ilve.com.au/cooktop/ilbv941-hybrid-gas-induction/

GLO
kingofnowhere
In kitchen upgrades, I have seen some of you change the default free standing Cook top oven to separate cook top and oven wondering why is it so ? Is it better to have them separate instead of a single unit?

We are doing a side by side oven (yes 2 of them) and changing our Cooktop to the Ilve 94+1 Induction cooktop with Wok Gas burner on the side.

Nice , I was wondering if the freestanding ones have maintenance issues or as you said its just a personal preference.
10 years down the track with the freestanding cooking unit, when one's doing the first kitchen renovation, it's a real plus not to have to worry about selecting a new cooktop to meet an existing hole in the bench top. With freestanding units, cooking damage to bench tops is also minimised over the long-time. Just a couple of thoughts.
GLO
Hi,

What are everyone doing for stairs?

And are they having an open space below the stairs.

I'm keen on making it my comms room behind the fridge and under the stairs.

Thanks
GLO

We are closing them in for more storage. Have put power there for vacuum etc. should of put the Comms there too.
kingofnowhere

Personal preference

I have had the ILVE freestanding and there is nothing wrong with it at all.
Boils down to what look your after

I am having 2 x 75cm wide Gaggenau wall ovens with a Wolf gas cooktop
External painting is finally finished and our site was cleaned this week. Fences came down 2 weeks ago.

Everything was locked up but I could see some blue tape through the windows where the QA assessment has started. They’re due to finish the inspection this week and the construction manager should be going through too, plus carpets are due to go in.

No news on our driveway. It was originally due to be laid 2 weeks ago and is the last big item to be be done.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
GLO
Hi,

What are everyone doing for stairs?

And are they having an open space below the stairs.

I'm keen on making it my comms room behind the fridge and under the stairs.

Thanks
GLO

Cantilever like the Ambassador 41 at Oran Park, comms will in the downstairs store next to powder room,
GLO
kingofnowhere

I changed it because I wanted an induction cooktop but didn't want a single 90cm oven, instead I'm stacking a standard 60cm oven and steam combi in the microwave tower
Jenifermarie
External painting is finally finished and our site was cleaned this week. Fences came down 2 weeks ago.

Everything was locked up but I could see some blue tape through the windows where the QA assessment has started. They’re due to finish the inspection this week and the construction manager should be going through too, plus carpets are due to go in.

No news on our driveway. It was originally due to be laid 2 weeks ago and is the last big item to be be done.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/

So excited for you !!!!
PCI soon..

becks81
GLO
kingofnowhere

I changed it because I wanted an induction cooktop but didn't want a single 90cm oven, instead I'm stacking a standard 60cm oven and steam combi in the microwave tower

It's interesting how there recently seems to be a swing back from the 90cm oven in kitchen planning. The partner was saying only the other day that she was now thinking about double 60s in a project we are considering. Quite taken by the small induction cooktops to complement a gas unit too. All good fun!
[quote="kks"][/quote]

We are planning to do 90cm induction with 90cm oven under. With a 60cm oven in a microwave tower. U think that would look weird? Best of both this way, I’m thinking
I really like kitchens that speak to functionality and the owners' joy in cooking.. The set-up you propose would look and work terrifically. The 60cm oven could be one of the big ones with a toaster section?
$910 for sewer peg out report is require item for Sydney Water approval.@wash32
Question on the rain water tank size, any idea how its determined, i am intending to build in Newpark @ Marsden Park (Blacktown Council) the reason,
Wisdom says i need a bigger rain water tank 5000L , but another builder says i need only a 3000L
kingofnowhere
Question on the rain water tank size, any idea how its determined, i am intending to build in Newpark @ Marsden Park (Blacktown Council) the reason,
Wisdom says i need a bigger rain water tank 5000L , but another builder says i need only a 3000L

Is that a big house (roof area)?

Chompy
kingofnowhere

Wisdom is a 33 Sqs home, other builder is a 31 sqs, not sure on exact roof areas

Hi All, could you please let me know at what stage do we get to know the credits we would recieve. We made significant changes in our tiles appointment from standard and few structural changes for which we should recieve a credit. However, our CSR is not sure of credits and is wanting us to wait til draft end panel. Is it only then we get to know the credits?? Do we need to keep a note of all and verify at DEP for credits and variations??
kingofnowhere
Chompy
kingofnowhere

Wisdom is a 33 Sqs home, other builder is a 31 sqs, not sure on exact roof areas

Hmm. Definitely not an expert but that does seem a little high. Perhaps it’s related to the area you are building and the need to retain more stormwater

WOW kazi

Looks awesome.

Regarding the gap at alfresco, Area manager was happy to get the bricks to the cement. He also suggested that we let W do the tiling so they will fill the gap and tile the area as required. We have quite a huge area to tile as we are extending our alfresco. So decided to see the quote for tiling first.If it is reasonable we will let W do the work. Waiting for the quote!

We had our first walk through and we have heaps left to go :-

1. Plumbing - all taps and shower screen and bathtub
2. Main Area Tiling - there was no tiles delivery in sight
3. Coat of Paint
4. Splashback
5. Wardobes
6. Garage Door
7. Storage under the stairs tiles where not done
8. Few doors to go mainly in wet area
9. Garage Door

PCI first week of Nov - fingers cross. 3 mortgage payment is a killer at the moment!!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum