Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 64 of 250
Looks great, Pooks! I don't have it with me, but I'm pretty sure the contract for landscaping stated that they were to put 50mm of topsoil all over. Did they just skip that part? I swear, we have to watch everything.

Box27 - The worse is over, for a while anyway. Now you just have to hurry up and wait.
Bkoolrocks - This part is going so fast, isn't it? Crazy!
Niccles - What's left to do on your home? I'm lost with all the stages now.

I have an inspector going in tomorrow, to audit the Frame Stage. Very anxious to see what the report. Should be good reading. Did anyone else get their own inspections?
looks fab pooks...meantime im still wondering how u manage without hot water & heating ...
Wow pooks looks great!! How frustrating about the NBN stuff!! I would go insane without internet!! We planned on having it sorted before hand but I don't think that will happen cos it's my partners job (only job might I add) and yeah not much is happening about it atm :/

So our bank should be organising our valuation as we speak, wouldve been earlier but HBC didn't invoice our final account until Monday arvo (late) so our broker didn't get it to the bank until Tuesday arvo (late) and then the bank books in hte valuation within 48 hours and then they have to pay it which will take 1-2 business days to clear and then it's the weekend :/ so it looks like we won't have our keys possibly until Monday!! So frustrating!! I mean, it's not like we can ACTUALLY move in over the weekend as my partner is working AND we haven't booked a removalist and we still have crap loads of packing to do, BUT if we had the keys we could start moving boxes over there, have stuff delivered, organise the internet properly etc etc... it will be a slow move for us for sure but that's ok as we have this place until end of May and then prob first week of June... plus we have to keep putting our dog here while at work until our fences are up and I only just got quotes to the neighbors on Monday :/ hopefully they all get back to me quickly!!

Drama drama!! Congratulations to everyone who's houses are coming along!! This is such an exciting time for you and it will be finished before you know it!! Start getting your fences organised NOW!! If they are important to you that is!
Gaviscon Girl
Looks great, Pooks! I don't have it with me, but I'm pretty sure the contract for landscaping stated that they were to put 50mm of topsoil all over. Did they just skip that part?

Spot on GG. We knew this was in the final plan and couldn't believe it when we started pulling up the concrete paths that there was no top soil. Watch the landscaping for sure...this was my problem stage!

In regards to not having hot water- haha. We still had our rental to go back to for showers and doing the dishes was a matter of boiling the kettle. We also lived on take out- chicken and salads, wraps etc for dinner. It was hard!
I've been advised by our Client Liaison Coordinator that the fascia and gutter are scheduled to be installed late this week followed by guard rail and roof cover next week.

Just two questions:
What is a guard rail?
What is a roof cover?
Guard rail I think is for the tradies so they don't fall off the roof when laying the tiles. The roof cover is the tiles- I noticed too that they called tiles "a cover"...I guess it is!
Gaviscon Girl
Niccles - What's left to do on your home? I'm lost with all the stages now.

It still feels like a lot to go, but we know we are getting closer to the end. I drove past tonight, phone flashlight in hand and we have plaster completed including skirting, kitchen cabinets, bathroom and ensuite cabinets, laundry sink, most internal doors and the render concrete (I think thats what it's called) on and just needs to be painted.

I've been advised that our external eaves are to be completed and our painter is due to start. So does this mean our fixing stage is complete?

Still not sold on our cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom. My husband keeps telling me to wait till its all together, clean and in daylight. Wasn't happy when we signed off on the themes, should have been a bit more vocal. My fault
yip I think so niccles that was when we were invoiced as well
scary we only have one more progress payment to go. hbc let me know today there is only 4-6 weeks to go til handover... ekkk better start packing
Thanks Ruby! We were a bit confused receiving two emails today one saying it's due to finish and another saying done money please hehe. I emailed our construction consultant asking for some clarification as well.

Wow! 4-6 weeks till handover? How exciting for you
your not far behind now. They reckon from tiling complete 4-6 weeks til KEYS!!!!!:)
That's what they said for me too and it was pretty spot on! How exciting Ruby123. We will be neighbours in no time
Got a response from our construction consultant about what should be done for the fixing stage to be complete. Looks like the only thing they need to finish is the eaves. We will go past on the weekend, if it's been completed we will send the invoice on.

We've calculated we should have keys by end of July. Which means I can take time off work
Hi all!

I've been watching this forum for a while and as we're heading to docklands next week for our colour appointment/contract signing with HBC I thought it might be time to join in!

Any advice for our appointment next week?
Its all themes now...you might also need to choose from themes only then ! So prepare for that, so that u wont be surprised on the day !
Make sure u get everything added..so think of all possibilities and requirements which u might need...
good luck !
trilyine
Hi all!

I've been watching this forum for a while and as we're heading to docklands next week for our colour appointment/contract signing with HBC I thought it might be time to join in!

Any advice for our appointment next week?
Thanks bkoolrocks. We've paid for the custom consultation thing, as I couldn't decide on a theme/wanted to change bits of all of them.
ok, thats good...let us know how it goes...
where r u building and wh house?
trilyine
Thanks bkoolrocks. We've paid for the custom consultation thing, as I couldn't decide on a theme/wanted to change bits of all of them.
I went out to the house tonight so excited to see the tiling, but turned out to be a major disappointment! they had laid the wrong floor tiles in the ensuite. BUGGER! got home and double checked addenda. says floor tiles to be ice grey and they have laid charcoal grey - which is the shower colour. I can see how they could've got confused as our laundry and bathroom are charcoal grey for the floor, but you would think the would check their plans. anyways do you guys think I should say something or just accept my new ensuite colours??? will still look good but just not what I picked
i bliv u shud talk 2 them and get it changed...its just the ensuite right..not much work...
if u had made a mistake and if u wanted 2 get it corrected, they wud charge variation fee...so if its their mistake, we shud get it corrected atleast...

ruby123
I went out to the house tonight so excited to see the tiling, but turned out to be a major disappointment! they had laid the wrong floor tiles in the ensuite. BUGGER! got home and double checked addenda. says floor tiles to be ice grey and they have laid charcoal grey - which is the shower colour. I can see how they could've got confused as our laundry and bathroom are charcoal grey for the floor, but you would think the would check their plans. anyways do you guys think I should say something or just accept my new ensuite colours??? will still look good but just not what I picked
I agree- speak to them about it because if they pick it up later on or the SS does when he checks the work it might cause delays further down the track. Bugger!
yeah I think il give my ss a ring Monday - its just the ensuite thank goodness! il let yas know how I get on
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum