Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 630 of 862
Hey Woodies, try to stay positive dont let the stress affect your health.
Asgrove33, yes we have to reselct the cupboard handles. I am so tired of the build now, sometimes i panic and sometimes i just detach myself completely from the happenings and tell myself that well we are still young and this is not our forever house so just dont bother and learn from the experience.
Hkhanum
Asgrove33, yes we have to reselct the cupboard handles. I am so tired of the build now, sometimes i panic and sometimes i just detach myself completely from the happenings and tell myself that well we are still young and this is not our forever house so just dont bother and learn from the experience.
do you know the name of the door handles?
We have had shocking weather this weekend and water is everywhere inside our home.

We are not at lock up as yet but Porter Davis have already installed the plaster boards, staircase, kitchen/bathroom cabinets and internal doors.

We have missing windows and incomplete guttering.

The incomplete guttering has meant so much water has flooded in all over our staircase, internal doors, plaster, etc.. the list goes on.

We have a number of missing windows but the worst damage from missing windows is upstairs in the master bedroom so it has flooded bathroom cabinetry yet to be installed that is still sitting on the floor, plasterboard and internal doors.

There is a pile of our architraves that are yet to be installed sitting in puddles of water.

There is bathroom cabinetry sitting directly on the floor and is water logged.

We have unhung internal doors sitting on the floor and water logged.

The list goes on...

Our staircase is water logged on the bottom step and all the wooden supports under the staircase holding it up.

We will contact Porter Davis to see how they are handling it. I am hoping they replace these water damaged items. But I suppose we will never know???

This is the second time we have been flooded.

Why would Porter Davis install wooden staircase, kitchen/bathroom cabinetry, leave internal fittings on the floor, etc... before our house had finished guttering and the windows installed. Am I being too picky? Is this normal practice????

Thank you for your advice.
eyag
We have had shocking weather this weekend and water is everywhere inside our home.

We are not at lock up as yet but Porter Davis have already installed the plaster boards, staircase, kitchen/bathroom cabinets and internal doors.

The incomplete guttering has meant so much water has flooded in all over our staircase, internal doors, plaster, etc.. the list goes on.

We have a number of missing windows but the worst damage from missing windows is upstairs in the master bedroom so it has flooded bathroom cabinetry yet to be installed that is still sitting on the floor, plasterboard and internal doors.

There is a pile of our architraves that are yet to be installed sitting in puddles of water.

The list goes on...

Our staircase is water logged on the bottom step and all the wooden supports under the staircase holding it up.

We will contact Porter Davis to see how they are handling it. I am hoping they replace these water damaged items. But I suppose we will never know???

Why would Porter Davis install wooden staircase, kitchen/bathroom cabinetry, leave internal fittings on the floor, etc... before our house had finished guttering and the windows installed. Am I being too picky? Is this normal practice????

That's ridiculous. You poor things. None of that should be in before the house is watertight. Nothing surprises me with PD any more though.
eyag

The list goes on...

No way!! I would not stand for the at all and no way are you being picky if anything have the slightest water damage it should be fixed at there own cost. 100% fight for it!
I'd be hiring an independent inspector tomorrow, and have a written report produced.

The items deemed unfit I would mark, so you know they are not used in the build of your home

I would also give PD an opportunity to comment before you jump in though...

I mentioned this to a builder friend earlier, and he can't believe they are even delivering plaster or cabinetry into a house that isn't water tight...

Plastering all complete!! On Saturday they let us walk through while they were working. In 2 days all was finished amazing to see how plaster can change everything and make it look like a home
small portion of bricks to be completed still and render will start this week and since the plaster is done fingers crossed the cabinets get put it very excited to see my kitchen

Also form others exprience after the bricks have been complete and they acid wash the bricks and clean windows... does all the motar come off the windows... i have my dining room window that is full of drops of motar and im already all over it if they clean and scratch the window i would want it replaced....
eyag

The list goes on...

Hi eyag,
Please contact your site supervisor as this this matter requires his prompt attention. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call 1300 799 105 or private message me with your contact and build details and we will follow-up for you ASAP. Regards, Joanne
lock up completed
))))
Ashgrove33
lock up completed
))))

At least one of us has had good news/progress today! Awesome!
thewoodies
Ashgrove33
lock up completed
))))

Any news yet
Ashgrove33
thewoodies
Ashgrove33
lock up completed
))))

Any news yet

Only a very unprofessional phone call from our BC ticking me off for turning to social media, that it "took it out of her hands" and from then she had nothing to do with it. Would have been nice to know last week why we never heard from her. Joanne's on a week's holiday apparently and someone else has taken over the situation. So we're still waiting. Very, very over Porter Davis. But the other hand, our site supervisor has turned a corner & been fabulous & doing his best for us even though there really isn't anything he can do. Sigh.
thewoodies
Ashgrove33
thewoodies
[quote="Ashgrove33"]lock up completed
))))

Any news yet

Only a very unprofessional phone call from our BC ticking me off for turning to social media, that it "took it out of her hands" and from then she had nothing to do with it. Would have been nice to know last week why we never heard from her. Joanne's on a week's holiday apparently and someone else has taken over the situation. So we're still waiting. Very, very over Porter Davis. But the other hand, our site supervisor has turned a corner & been fabulous & doing his best for us even though there really isn't anything he can do. Sigh.[/quote]
What? Your BC cracked it because you took it in here or that Joanne saw and took over... Hmmmm
thewoodies
Only a very unprofessional phone call from our BC ticking me off for turning to social media, that it "took it out of her hands" and from then she had nothing to do with it. Would have been nice to know last week why we never heard from her. Joanne's on a week's holiday apparently and someone else has taken over the situation. So we're still waiting. Very, very over Porter Davis. But the other hand, our site supervisor has turned a corner & been fabulous & doing his best for us even though there really isn't anything he can do. Sigh.

Well, when you are left with no other choices what are you to do. We are working through loads of issues ourselves and our only recourse is to raise it with Joanne (PD Customer Experience coordinator) and Management. Everyone has ample opportunity to fix the issues and I'd rather not escalate the issue but we have to.

Sounds like you made the right decision to me!
Ashgrove33
thewoodies
Ashgrove33
[quote="thewoodies"][quote="Ashgrove33"]lock up completed
))))

Any news yet

Only a very unprofessional phone call from our BC ticking me off for turning to social media, that it "took it out of her hands" and from then she had nothing to do with it. Would have been nice to know last week why we never heard from her. Joanne's on a week's holiday apparently and someone else has taken over the situation. So we're still waiting. Very, very over Porter Davis. But the other hand, our site supervisor has turned a corner & been fabulous & doing his best for us even though there really isn't anything he can do. Sigh.[/quote]
What? Your BC cracked it because you took it in here or that Joanne saw and took over... Hmmmm[/quote]

She's ** I took it to Instagram apparently. Can't say I feel apologetic for sharing our PD experience - if it had been positive I'd happily share that too. This BC really has been hopeless/clueless at every stage. Love that after we emailed her and our site supervisor about the drawer fail we never heard back from her about it, ever - at least our SS was onto it
. She has no idea how frustrated we feel about her customer service or lack thereof. Fortunately there are much more effective & helpful people like Joanne and (now!) our site supervisor.
Muttonchops
Well, when you are left with no other choices what are you to do. We are working through loads of issues ourselves and our only recourse is to raise it with Joanne (PD Customer Experience coordinator) and Management. Everyone has ample opportunity to fix the issues and I'd rather not escalate the issue but we have to.

Sounds like you made the right decision to me!

Exactly! How pathetic is it that we have to turn to social media & this forum to get a result with them? Not exactly a good customer experience!
Funny story, showed the comparison photos to my father in law last night, he says "they can borrow my glasses if they like but there is no way those are in any way similar"

Was probably the same BC we had until we had her replaced
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum