Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 630 of 788
kays_first_home
Awesome! Exciting times now. What upgrades did you do?

We upgraded the paint. And the tap ware (even though they are still not great. But changing everything to mixers will hopefully future proof for anything down the track. We also had a lovely hidden cost that no one had mentioned until now... the sarking needs to be vented and this wasn't put in the original quote... +$500!
braddy_
Merida93
Spent a lot more than expected

Hahaha I wonder if anyone comes out and thinks "nice, spent less then expected"

I'm really worried as I can get carried away :p~

What did you go with?

Anyone how long it is, usually, between signing plans to submitting to council?

I think it was with council for about 4-5 weeks? We have a timeline on the link below. There was a hold up due to the piercing for the slab, turned out to be nothing major in the end.
braddy_
Merida93
Spent a lot more than expected

Hahaha I wonder if anyone comes out and thinks "nice, spent less then expected"

I'm really worried as I can get carried away :p~

What did you go with?

We actually did. Came in under budget and only left out things we thought were ridiculously overpriced. But we had already added heaps to tenders and went in deciding not to upgrade things like tap ware etc that is easy enough to change later.

We didn't have a definate date from signing plans till it went to Certifier because we were waiting on developer approval, but they ended up submitting to Certifier before developer approval was back to see what else he needed. But I can tell you we signed off on plans 22/2 and had approval by 8/4. But that was private Certifier not council. Hope that helps
braddy_
Quote:

hey braddy I think ours was about 2 wks, BH sent it within the wk but for some reason it sat on someones desk at council for another wk before being submitted.
Went in the system on the 16/9 & approved 7/10...hope that helps
Cman

Verdelho Five with Grand Terrazza , slightly Modified plan, Any suggestions?

Really interesting mods!!! Great to see a twist on the plans
braddy_

I don't want to be negative but we signed our plans 13.04... I called BH last Monday (16.05) to double check the council amalgamation would have no effect on those plans, and she told me they weren't in council yet.
She said she'd call head office and they said the plans had been in council for a week.
So it took around 4 weeks for BH to even submit ours to council... who knows how long council will take with it.
Verdelho5TGT
braddy_

I don't want to be negative but we signed our plans 13.04... I called BH last Monday (16.05) to double check the council amalgamation would have no effect on those plans, and she told me they weren't in council yet.
She said she'd call head office and they said the plans had been in council for a week.
So it took around 4 weeks for BH to even submit ours to council... who knows how long council will take with it.

Not sure what councils you guys are in, but on the Wollongong council website you can track development applications. So I'd imagine if you go looking on your local council site you may be able to track it. If it's private Certifier however it doesn't lodge on the council site till approved by Certifier. Hope this helps
Tilers doing their thing today!! So happy to see something happening again. All looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing our kitchen splashback when it has been grouted. We chose Agrestic Grey Gloss subway tiles from Beaumonts, and the pale grout should make it pop!
Hi guys, we're locked out!! Finally - but sad that we can't get in to see what's going on anymore. Garage door and front door is on, we can also see through the windows that all cornice, architraves and internal doors are done. I would imagine kitchen wouldn't be too far off!
I did phone to speak to our site supervisor today, and was told that he no longer works for Beechwood. Such a shame, because I found him really helpful - but maybe the new guy will be great as well.
How far does everyone think we're off? When I spoke to our previous site supervisor he said the last week of June / first week of July - so approx 5 weeks! Hopefully that's still possible.
14 months since we paid our $5,500 deposit to Beechwood - so ready to move in now. We were told originally allow 12 months from deposit, but normally 10! (We had council hold ups and Xmas break in there). So the last 4 months has definitely been dragging!
Can't wait to see some pictures of everyone elses homes! I am constantly stalking this page for pictures, definitely makes me very excited seeing what everyone else has chosen!
Hey guys n gals, just a quickie. How long did it take you guys once you had your sit down with sales person to get your plans? Even if only rough plans

Verdelho5T
Tilers doing their thing today!! So happy to see something happening again. All looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing our kitchen splashback when it has been grouted. We chose Agrestic Grey Gloss subway tiles from Beaumonts, and the pale grout should make it pop!

kitchen tiles sound nice, looking forward to seeing it finished!

hey smallz did your walk through happen today??? keys?
mrwoody1985
Hey guys n gals, just a quickie. How long did it take you guys once you had your sit down with sales person to get your plans? Even if only rough plans

10 weeks for first plans

Ok thank you

mrwoody1985

Paid deposit 4/12. Got plans 30/1. Remember though they are closed from 22/12 till 11/1
mrwoody1985

6 weeks for first plans
Ok great, thanks alot for the info. We paid deposit last year (to lock in 1st home owners 15k) and finally sat down for 1st plans meeting 2 weeks ago. Looking fwd to getting them 😃

had my colorbond roof moment today...I've made the right choice...I'm in luv!!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/totiegirl14/IMG_0677_zpsekmerufr.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/totiegirl14/IMG_0665_zpslu6eme5p.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/totiegirl14/IMG_0670_zpssknd3f4d.jpg

Woohoo!! Looks awesome!!

KellyNLori_BuildinOz
Woohoo!! Looks awesome!!

not quite finished but I'm really happy with it, especially knowing that bricks are next..yay!

drove past the eagles nest estate this morning, so many houses going up already near the main road, you're still waiting for registration aren't you? are they doing the estate in stages? and omg I so wish I had those amazing sandstone retaining blocks..how nice are they!
lileegirl
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
Woohoo!! Looks awesome!!

not quite finished but I'm really happy with it, especially knowing that bricks are next..yay!

drove past the eagles nest estate this morning, so many houses going up already near the main road, you're still waiting for registration aren't you? are they doing the estate in stages? and omg I so wish I had those amazing sandstone retaining blocks..how nice are they!

Yeah we are still waiting on rego
However got the subdivision Notification... I got told by the conveyencer today that it should be any time now 😁

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum